Invasion Event

Daedas

Event Planners, MC Names: Rawdawg

Event Type: (Preferably) A large event/race introduction

Event Date: Whenever you need it

Factions/Nations effected by the event: All

Event Location: Deep in the Desert

Summary:

Three people walk the desert towards an unknown location. Conversing as to the origins of what they have found. After only a few hours, they approach a lively excavation site that looms under the shadow of what looks to be an ancient Pyramid. Further involvement in to discovery leads to part to the top of the Pyramid. There they discover five monoliths in-graved with ancient runes. Selvial, one of the main members of the party of three reads the runes on a center monolith, onto which he finds that they are prisons for an ancient race.

After failing to warn the archaeologists against further excavation of the pyramid, an old catalyst is triggered and the center monolith erupts into a flurry of light as lightning hits it. Followed by this spectacle, the main antagonist walks into the view claiming that the realm belongs to him and the Alvaery.

Concept Images/Screenshots

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4d907b3127ccef6e0828b510200000030O00McM2LZoxcA9vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00801461003820140726220349196.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Sorry it wouldn't let me post it normally. Didn't feel like spending hours trying to pinpoint the issue.

Other Information: This event is meant to simultaneously introduce a spreading corruption of black tendrils throughout the realm as well as small raiding events from the Alvaery to all the main cities. These events all lead into a huge invasion by which all of the free people must fight alongside each other for survival. Furthermore, it doesn’t have to be an end event for a realm, but instead a large event that spans over a few in game years.

As to the Alvaery, I don’t care if they end up being a playable race or if by the end of the whole thing they get sucked back into the portals that brought them to the realm. Winning would be up to the players, not the GMs/event leader.  

Also, you may be wondering why I didn’t put the summary into RP format or express greater detail. That is merely because I want a confirmation to start working on all the details before I spend any large amount of time developing lore for the new race and all the characters necessary for the event(s). Any questions will be answered thoroughly however. So please ask away!

This is just a suggestion that racked my brain and needed to be put out there. I can create all the necessary lore and events following this one if it gets accepted.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: In order for this to work there must be people to play the archaeologists and the main antagonist. Other than that, given the privilege to do so, I would like to be granted the ability and space to create the excavation site and the Pyramid. I am terrible at using things like Voxel and have no training or knowledge of proper terra-forming. So I would need somebody to do that for me. 

While I do appreciate your enthusiasm for such an event, I feel that it may need to be toned down a slight bit. The idea of having a new race is interesting, but it'd not be allowed to be played as a new race unless it is event team only.It may also be a good idea to start on smaller event proposals.

However, do not be discouraged. The idea of having an event inside a pyramid with an ancient race could provide some fun role-play. I would just suggest you develop it a bit more; perhaps making it less of the main antagonist as the 4.0 main antagonist is already under development to my knowledge and instead making it more of a side antagonist. 

If you have questions, I'm sure some event team member or myself will be able to answer. And remember, do not get discouraged from posting ideas like this.

Though I like the idea, I cant really see this happening and after talking to a manager I sadly have to deny this.
A new race/antagonist would firstly require acceptance by the lore-team. However I could see this being done with a ET creature. If you feel strongly about the idea I'd get some lore accepted first as the pyramid event could be quite fun.

If you have any questions or concerns about your event feel free to send me a forum message.
Event denied.