Attachment Guide

rukio

Attachments are a forum feature I was asked about earlier. Attachments basically are files you upload to the forums. I believe all accounts have around 500 kB worth of attachments they can upload. I, personally, have only used it for pictures. I'm not sure about other forms of attachments so if you have more insight on if those exist do feel free to let me know and I will update this guide. 

While some people use Imgur or other image sharing sites, other people want to upload directly to the forums. This first part will be short, but it'll show you how to upload attachments to status updates and posts. If there are other things you want to upload to feel free to message me on discord, the forums, or in-game if I'm online. I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. So. You've found a post you want to upload an image to. For this example I'll be using the show your pets thread. 

Note: Images to help with the guide are in the spoilers and this guide is written under the assumption you are on a computer, not mobile.

Step one: Find the post you want to reply to and click on the "Reply to this topic" button. 

WbEcnPK.png

Step two: Below where you type your response is a yellow underlined option that says "choose files..." click this, or as it says, drag files to attach. 

YUF7VJu.png

Step three: Select the image you want to use. I'm uploading one of my rat getting his favorite treat. 

ZXkBjxA.png

Step four: Your reply bar will now look something like what I've put below. You may have added text already and that's fine. 

4StqD5Y.png

Step five: Our image is not on our post yet, however. In this step you will click the white + button on the lower left hand side of your image. 

200JSiw.png

Step six: Say whatever you want (witin reason and the rules) and click "Submit Reply". The image should appear on your reply. 

TOGtcxA.png

That's how you upload attachments. Now! You might be wondering how to remove an attachment. Either you need space for other attachments or maybe you don't want that image on your forum account anymore. This next part will cover how to remove them. 

To remove an attachment from your profile follow these steps:

Step one: click the white downward facing arrow next to your name in the top left hand corner of your screen.

w7l8g1u.png

Step two: Click on the option called "My attachments"

xwaCdat.png

Step three: Scroll down to the image you want to remove.

Step four: Click on the text to the far right hand side of the image, it will take you to the post.

srumbeZ.png

Step five: Click the "edit" button on your post.

OnUMcK7.png

Step six: Under "Uploaded images" you will see the picture you want to remove. On that image (not the one above it in your post), in the bottom right hand corner, there will be a trash can symbol
(sometimes hard to see). Click that. It will remove your image from your attachments.

uVAcz6X.png

That's it! It'll be gone, you don't need to save the changes on your post, once you click the trashcan symbol it's gone. Feel free to let me know if you think I need to elaborate somewhere. As well, if you find you are running out of attachment space, you can upload pictures from image uploading websites and it will show up as long as you have the .jpg/.png/et cetera version of the URL posted. Thank you for reading this and I hope it helps with any attachment questions you have in the future.