Lore Games Update - Apps and Lore Embargoes

GodEmperorFlam

Lore Games Update - Apps and Lore Embargoes

Spoiler

As the new criteria has been out, I have received a few questions and feedback, so I wrote this thread up addressing it. If you are confused on what’s going on, you can read this thread to catch up: click me.

RTuz2FS.png

Dropping CAs/MAs

Recently someone asked a great question about if they could drop their CA Race if the lore took a direction they didn’t want to pursue in the Lore Games.

After discussion with Story Management we’ve decided that people may revert their characters back to their descendant race or drop their magics with no consequence during the next few months.

However! Something we’ve noticed in the past is that people use this reversion maliciously. For example, an undead reverted back to human when their lore was shelved and proceeded to out pretty much every dark mage they knew while using their newly acquired mortal form as cover. As such this reverting comes with a stipulation, should it be used in a malicious fashion, a punishment will be handed out.

So if you wish to drop your CA or magics, you may send a PM here (click me) with the app(s) that you wish to drop and they will be dropped.

RTuz2FS.png

An Elaboration On the Lore Embargoes

Some people have questioned the new restrictions (found here), and we (Story Management) wanted to elaborate on the decision further.

To us, it doesn’t make sense for magics/creatures to be spread right as their lore is being reworked and potentially changed completely, or even worse, about to be shelved. If a player gets a magic and is taught certain things for a month and then suddenly they have it ripped away from them or told they have to go over everything as it’s all changed, it’s going to cause issues.

The same thought process goes to signed items, as we don’t want more items being brought onto the server that will probably be defunct in a few months. Many of the items that we have logged as being signed are items that go against the current criteria, so we’re aware that it will affect many of the items currently floating around.

We hope that lore writers take this more seriously as well and don’t put it off to the last minute. Our discord is currently being set up and we have every intention on providing general support to those who wish to cooperate with Story during the Games.

That being said, I understand the POV of some of the people who were on the cusp of getting their magics. As such, I will be opening up apps for 3 days, which will end Sunday night (8/4). So if you were about to get into a lore group, you have a chance to get in right before the Lore Games begin. I don’t want to hear complaints if you end up losing the lore or the lore radically changes, as this is something you are signing up for now.

RTuz2FS.png