A CONCESSION

Ixli

Addressed to Irulan Elibar'acal, 

publicized for the entertainment of elcihi'thilln

I would like to formally apologize to Irulan Elibar'acal & the Elibar'acal talonnii for my immediate assumption of Laurir. You see, Irulan, as Maheral Azorella Elibar'acal lied dying in her council chambers, betrayed by her government, it was I who answered her screams of sorrow and betrayal from the court. Unfortunate that I was too late. However, one of her dying wishes was clear: that I, Theris Elibar'acal, was to become Laurir. I served as Laurir of our precious and ancient talonnii for years, until I retired from elcihi'thilln and my efforts in saving the city from the turmoil that followed the assassination. 

I have only returned to aid this city in recovering it from stagnation, and renewing an age of purity for the elves of silver. Upon my arrival, a very dire situation was outlined to me: a city plagued by liberalism and failure, and my family in disarray. I was not aware of anyone existing to replace Maeve. Your letter was strongly worded, and I will accept this as a misunderstanding, in which I give you my strongest apology. The Elibar'acal talonnii would be better served by someone of present times, someone who has been around to become familiar with our nation's current population, but more importantly, a 'thill that knows our kin that still reside within our borders.

I will not stand in your way for bid as Laurir. Unless our talonnii rejects your authority, you will have my support.

Best Wishes,

Theris Elibar'acal

MAEHR'SAE HIYLUN'EHYA

Kiljarys read the letter as he briefly strolled the length of San'evarir's plaza.

"Ah, an amicable resolution to a short-lived conflict. Blessings to them both for helping to raise our state from its mire."

The Sohaer chuckled amusedly to herself, running a finger across the script as she perused its contents by the cozy fire of her residence.

"Shame you simply reneged, things were just getting fun..."

40 minutes ago, Johann said:

The Sohaer chuckled amusedly to herself, running a finger across the script as she perused its contents by the cozy fire of her residence.

"Shame you simply reneged, things were just getting fun..."

Theris Elibar'acal smiles joyfully, "With all due respect, Sohaer, your republic cannot withstand much more tension. Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya!" he quipped, strolling along.

Lelien would simply nod her head slowly as her free hand held a beautifully crafted, ice-glass, spoon which she used to stir her tea. 

“Perhaps we’ll find riches and wenches out that way... what do you think, Both?” she’d joyfully call out to the resting black feline across the room.