A Pronouncement From the Bishop’s Throne

Narthok

A Pronouncement From the Bishop’s Throne

Spoiler

My children GOD IS WITH US. I am sure all of you are familiar with recent events, the agents of the deceiver entered the depths of our Holy City, ultimately slaying our holy brother and inflicting great wounds upon me. A man lacking the love of heaven would surely have been laid low, the force of a bull orc overwhelming them; And I shall not pretend that I did not approach paradise many a time, if it were not for the intervention of ALMIGHTY GOD I surely would have passed from this life.

But all praise and glory be rendered to almighty GOD, only through him and with him have I overcome this adversity sent by the deceiver. I emerge from my chambers, my flesh battered beyond the tolerance of polite society, yet my soul remains unbroken, filled with GOD’s holy mission. 

This day must surely hold the most blessed significance. Henceforth the second saints day of the year shall be held as the Feast day of Saint Pontian in memory of our fallen brothers and of our triumph over the agents of the deceiver. In this we must remember the fallen and the heroes of the day. 

The Heroes of the day were as follows.

-Vadik: a righteous warrior of God that wielded his blade in defence of Mother Church until his last breath. He was martyred after valiantly resisting the orcish agents of the deceiver.

-Philippe van der Sainte-Blandine: pierced the Chief Orc with his mighty spear wounding the creature sufficiently that it did not instantly kill Father Paul

-Helena Rochefort: Was wielded by almighty GOD to save the life of Father Paul. Through her touch Father Paul was retrieved from the cusp of paradise that he may finish his worldly mission. From this day forth all members of the church will know her as ‘Our Lady of Corazon’.

-Henry of St Pontian’s: Prepared medical supplies and tended to Father Paul in his feverish illness, retrieving him from the edge of death many times. 

My brothers and sisters in GOD, the righteousness of our cause is clear for all those with eyes to see. Verily our holy mission has proven so successful that the deceiver in his panic, has sent his agents to strike me down. In the face of this challenge we must not balk, we must not retreat, rather we must redouble our efforts.

All of humanity must be unified below the blessed cross as was willed by holy Godfrey; And my dear brothers, this will be achieved, by GOD’s promise, and by our blood. For there is no other path to victory, except through sacrifice, and holy war. 

Father Paul, Servant of God

Ernst Barclay claps for the braves heroes, though at the same time regretting he wasn't there to help on their quest. "GOTT be praised!" he says finally as he signs the Lorraine.

The Holy Dame Helena Rochefort regarded the Holy pronouncement with a granted smile upon her pallid visage "GOD has smiled upon this day to see the beloved Father of Corazon live another day, thus he can bright the blessings of the Almighty upon the dezinens of Savoy."  Helena signed the Lorraine before returning to her evening of prayer.