Divine Labors: Holy Metalworkers

Lojo613

Spoiler

hKFKVWKnCovRzC-ceI7jXSitTdAL_WvOTUgKsXS9CWBWei_xVD0tlWNaM2KOpPyEZRWDvjV8hPxAJaIdLe1r90kFLQN-3wI3nXtEnHpR5Ja880w7i-hMOf6wIRUZc7i0AU7RCqL8=s0

Dear GOD, guide my pen as You have guided my hammer. Your gift unto man is the power of creation, let me use it wisely that I might better the world. Just as You put the heat into the flame, so too place Your love into my heart.

There is a myth I have heard time and again spoken about the nature of holiness. I heard it said that for one to be holy, for one to find peace in this life, and attain a goodly standing in the next, there are only two paths. The first is to draw nearer to power, that he who is more powerful is thus nearer to the Throne of GOD. Only great warriors, heroes, kings, and leaders shall truly be regarded well in the skies, just as those who leave their marks upon the states in the world of the living are better remembered than the humble, so too must the same apply in the skies. The second is to draw away from power, from life itself, and drown oneself in nothing but His Word. A life of pious monasticism, holy shepherding, or self sacrificing crusading. While it is true that through these paths men may attain great worldly glory, find peaceful enlightenment, or bring forth great good, this does not preclude the common man from attaining just as serene a state, doing just as much good, and leaving a mortal legacy which shall last for an era. It is here I say that let every common man hold his head high, for GOD has ordained that through diligence a third path is opened.

In the whole Scroll of Virtue, the word that shall never rot, there are two professions mentioned by name and at length by the Lord, GOD, Himself; the farmer and the smith. It was GOD who placed the heat into the flame. It was GOD who birthed all knowledge and means by which progress is made and labors are eased. And it is the Divine Word that the forge is the path to strength of heart. Come all ye seekers of virtue and hearts of strength, for it is a path that draws towards enlightenment! 

“I put into your heart the power of creation, and I created the seed and chaff, and put heat into the fire that reddens iron. And as I have created means to ease your labors, so I have created new labors, and new fruits. For I have blessed you with My miracle of creation, and you shall draw nearer to My throne by your labors. And you shall discover strength of heart as you work the forge and the plow." (Virtue 4:4-7)

It is the laborer that draws nearer to the throne of the Lord, and thus, this labor is stated by GOD to be a path to higher skies. Strike steel with passion brothers and sisters, and seek nothing but to create, for that is our miracle! 

hKFKVWKnCovRzC-ceI7jXSitTdAL_WvOTUgKsXS9CWBWei_xVD0tlWNaM2KOpPyEZRWDvjV8hPxAJaIdLe1r90kFLQN-3wI3nXtEnHpR5Ja880w7i-hMOf6wIRUZc7i0AU7RCqL8=s0

Medieval Occupations and Jobs: Blacksmith. History of ...