The Chancellor's Report, 407 E.S.

garentoft

Spoiler

THE CHANCELLOR’S REPORT:

‘The First Victory’

BSdUbg5qpuJB8p66T6vbwt-81bWEYXTYMJSfMT0LbN5oXuQNTHBFGen2VFDXjOp8LRlqCqejO4qqfLdYrICT3WRZ6MNu-tnU0rjsE_oQBnaDGNhVCd6NFK0M2q1p_TLKzOSLWcdk

BAR MAAN OVARE SYR

Issued by the

LORD PALATINE

On this 11th of Tov and Yermey, 407 E.S.

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV E EDLEVRIK,

THE FIRST VICTORY

As I sit and write this, I have a great throbbing hangover from the Carrion Black that I shared with every man and woman who fought in the Massacre of Southbridge. I think this is a feeling that is shared throughout the entire Kingdom. I sincerely doubt that there exists any Haeseni out there that does not suffer from a hangover on this day.

Yesterday, we, along with the rest of the Tripartite, marched upon the fort of Southbridge, the best that Oren could muster. To partake in one’s first siege, the first proper siege that our people have seen in over a hundred years, gives one a certain feeling of anxiety and dread, that of all generations that had to endure war, it had to be our own.

But when I sailed to the camp outside of Southbridge, along with my friends and allies upon the boats, I was filled with confidence. Adorned in the armour of the Brotherhood of St. Karl I saw the masses of the Haeseni forces, just barely able to make out familiar faces, Maxim Attenlund, Johann Barclay, Johann Ludovar, Marie and Rhys, my sister, Queen Emma, Ser Reinhardt, my cousins Andrik, Frederik, and Viktor, Fionn Castaway, our Field Marshal Ailred Ruthern, and of course, King Sigismund himself. Stoic faces, nervous faces, anxious faces, nevertheless filled with confidence, gifted upon them by the Haeseni ethos that courses through our veins.

I shall not dwell too much on the battle itself, for there is not much to say. It was a slaughter. I barely got to see any Orenians myself, with the exception of a poor soldier, thrown over the wall, landing right in front of my feet. The poor man’s legs broke as he impacted with the ground, and I could do nothing but drive my sword through his skull to put an end to what would no doubt have been an eternity of pain before the forces would simply have trampled him to death.

I would like to thank every single man and woman who attended the siege of Southbridge, especially to those who lost their lives. We mourn the losses of Ailred Ruthern, Fionn Castaway, and Frederik Baruch.

Thank you, Haense.

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM.

APPOINTMENTS TO THE AULIC COUNCIL

As is public knowledge, we recently have appointed a new Lady Treasurer and Lord Justiciar. It is my pleasure to welcome these two to the Aulic Council, and I shall work closely with the both of them. Of particular interest to me is the work of the Lord Justiciar, as we continue towards rebuilding the Haeseni Legal System, I shall offer all of my aid in helping him with his station. Of course, I shall not neglect working with the Lady Treasurer, nor shall I neglect any of the other Aulic Offices.

It is my pleasure to welcome Johann Ludovar upon the Aulic Council as Lord Justiciar, just as it is my pleasure to welcome my wife, Princess Anastasya, to the Aulic Council as Lady Treasurer. (I am not liable for any claims of nepotism for the appointment of my wife, as such was done with the consent and will of the King!)

ZVAS ASERETEM NACHE DERNE.

CZAK DONA EAM, HERZENAS HAENZ

His Excellency, Eirik Baruch, Lord Palatine of Hanseti-Ruska, Duke of Valwyck, Count of Ayr, Viscount of Voron, Baron of Gant, Baron of Laval, Baron of Riveryn.

DrcaOEj_Bxi6JqXQWgn6FicRxrDV8v9bTR-7wo73JSjHDpVHg_JdJ_TC_oD1_t4yehVFGJaGnxGzbt1iz0729YaYE33uahW4SutxBvfqe1-pr4OE6ySCl8oMkHMCD5oEiRxNs0k4

Joseph d'Azor rides away from Southbridge furrowing his brows at the noise as he commented to an aid about the talent of his Haeseni counterpart. "My GOD.... those bagpipes... hmm he must have gotten the book..." The Archchancellor mused, the pipes having a more balanced tenor now, The Lord Palatine really was practicing. 

1 minute ago, Taketheshot said:

Joseph d'Azor rides away from Southbridge furrowing his brows at the noise as he commented to and aid about the talent of his Haeseni counterpart. "My GOD.... those bagpipes... hmm he must have gotten the book..." The Archchancellor mused, the pipes having a more balanced tenor now, The Lord Palatine really was practicing. 

Eirik Baruch sends a thank you note for the book to Joseph, hoping that he may one day return the favour of helping the Archchancellor gain an essential skill.

Frederick Baruch unfortunately passed away due to a terrible alcohol poisoning incident following the siege, he was not slain by an Orenian