The Bronzed Phalanx: Akaleh Misthios

SteppeNomad

OOC (I have noticed a distinct interest in surging bronze age RP, and I would love easier ways for people to get into it. After all, we have a climate on the server that can encourage this kind of storymaking and rp! Believe me when I tell you, its a lot of fun, and I want to involve others easier!)

6ljytax.png

- Kezt

Akaleh'Diraarehir

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bright Sun Shines upon the Silver Seas, and a ship of brazen heroes who embark and sail together, not just for simple gain, but the wealth and privilege taken. The glories had, and the legends forged. Over vast seas they sail in ships of painted sails, through difficult terrain they sprint, their grieves and shields of shining bronze glimmer in the sun, as truly those who wear them do as well.

A traditional lifestyle for those who have the means to focus on the higher-aspects of life, and those who wish to be free to explore such, these ways are translated through all time. An echo never dissipated

In those most ancient times, there has always been a brotherhood. A Ladliness that spreads throughout those who understand it. Loyalties, honors, and duty to ones self,  their brothers, and that which means to them. In their journeys to urge forth their desires, there are those who had always sought to take more. The labour for life is one that is only an illusion. Why should we fight to secure base life, with just the means to produce what you need? When TRUE life is one lived in ascent! Always rising, always gaining! The PRIVILEGE; the freedom and liberties to take what you need by the tip of your spear.

And I have MUCH privilege.

3l74fxA.jpg

-Sailors gathered to secure what they need, these Lads are known as proficient sailors

Piratical men first and foremost, they know what can be taken can be done in many ways. Trade, diplomacies, labours, leadership, trial, and the your spike. All of these, those who count themselves amongst their number are proficient in. There are always incentives for why those Akaleh Misthios are drawn to it, those ones who aver'krafehan. The gaining of wealth and heroic glories. To leave before you things that will never pass from this world. To pursue such ideal is to be followed by your brothers and sisters, for whom you always think of. May those who seek, have the gall to take.

Great trade, and much wealth flows through their hands. For it is through their own trade and will that entire industries form. Desire for the things of abroad, and the protection of those things has always been a position to take as a Hoplite of the Akaleh Misthios. It is because of their piratical ways, and nature of always wanting to gain more prominence and privilege for themselves that occasionally their own individual power, wealth, and position can even surpass that of whom they are hired by.

KYtrNhz.png

-Bronzed Lads inspecting the spoils of their victories

A spirit of adventure and liberty always permeates the air around such people. Great individuals inspired to go forth into the world to create their legacies and stories, and with the force of personality and will to do just that. There are rigors and trials to become such an individual, but to even conceive of it as a possibility marks you as one of those spirits unconquered, unfettered, and unchained by the burdens others see themselves in. Locked into binds, and placed in owned land without the freedoms to stretch their arms. Truly to be a hero is to be free, and to be free is to live life in ascent.

Always ready to set sail for distant lands on quests of great danger, these brave heroes embody their own personal ideals and individuality. It is together they fight, because together they win and strike out to take great glory.

NDc3gYM.jpg

Wealth? Taken

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gXM16y2.jpg

-A Glorious Hoplite in full Panoply

The Akaleh Misthios believe in personal merit amongst brothers. It is believed one's wealth and status can be derived merely by gazing upon his demeanor and his Panoply(His full set of hoplite armor). It is a revered act, to gather the wealth and supply to create, take, or have forged the various pieces to a full set of bronzed armor. Polished with great care, these armors are at once a status symbol, protection, and their own subject of mythos. For each piece has a set for how it was gained by that warrior. Many conduct raids for the sole purpose of gathering wealth to forge a new shield or a beautiful muscle cuirass, but truly, the best armor or weapons are the ones gained and won through epic story. Something to be sung about in symposium for all time.

uipoAcU.jpgtF8Stsd.png

-'Aheral hoplites clad in silvered bronze panoply

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dkzo2Z8.jpeg

Individually it is expected each hero to be a great warrior, but it is found the fighting styles of The Bronze Phalanx are powerful when formed in rank. Often times their formations are known just to themselves and their bands, but the truth of the strength in technique comes also from their choice or armaments and strategy. To stand behind a large shield, your spear in one hand, and your sword at your side, you stand ready to face many threats as a protected individual who holds great effectivity when you wield it well. Standing in a line your shield protects not just yourself, but your neighbor and those behind you. Your spike pushes forwards to take what is needed. To suffer a broken spear, or a position where it is unusable, many return to their secondary weapons. Sharpened leaf-shaped blades of bronze. Effective weapons, a symbol of strength and beauty.

These weapons together are seen as tools and lifestyle. Tools to complete quests, and slay great monsters, and many men.

It is MORE than common for such Akaleh Misthios to employ with them the auxillaries of similarly beautiful and free people. Or even to serve amongst those individuals as well. Their skills and ways of fighting almost always coming at a compliment of the Hoplite's way. The wealth that can be offered to these people, in the form of salt and treasures often allows for great communication amongst them.

In fact, a bronzed warrior knows well the price of salt. For he is most often paid in it.

There is a saying. A song that comes down from a great Philosopher-king. He spoke of the way of things.

"This is my wealth: My spear and my shield. With this I trample sweet wine from the vine. With this I am called Master of Serfs. Those who do not choose to have spear and sword, and fine shield of polished bronze to protect them, all cower at my knee and submit. Calling me master and great King"

Flashy Giant on Twitter: "This is sad and scary.… "

-Mask of Anaxagoras, Hero King. Father of many Citystates

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OeMll4Q.jpg

An 'aheral elfess hoplite

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: (If you are looking to try to get into some ancient era RP, either from a great citystate or as a piratical mercenary Mythic Hero, message me! Here or on discord! I have skins available to add too. Tyto#0435)

If you have interest, put down your

IGN:

IRP Name:

Race:

Discord: