The Yoke is Taken

TwilightWolf

"Many have spoken pretty words in the Vale."

Nenar spoke. The Raithean's voice was somber and unyielding, but was not unkind.

"I understand."

The Archdruid responds. He was tired, his body only just revitalizing from pushing it to the breaking point. Sweat still stained his brow, and his eyes were gaunt with weariness.

"Many have approached the Circle with promises that fell through. The Father is action, will, and strength."

Nenar continued with an even, guiding tone. Her words dug deep, even if that which she was describing may have had nothing to do with him. He felt a deep, biting sense of accountability, and in his mind it didn't matter whether or not he was involved or not. People had entrusted him with their faith and he felt their eyes and ears upon all that he did even from afar.

The yoke indeed was heavy, yet he placed the weight of it upon his soul regardless. 'To suffer willingly is to love most purely', he thought to himself. There was much depending on his success here: the respect of his peers, the hope of his teachers, the confident smile from his wife, his best friend's camaraderie, his students, and the aspiring gaze of his children. He did indeed love each one of them, and the thought of disappointment swallowed the fear of his pride's demise. Now was the time to act.

"I will keep Awaiti's expections of me... Always."

Aerendyl responds, a prayer to himself as much as a response. Now, there was Nenar to watch him keep to his word. His belly burned with the same, nauseating flame of determination as he felt with Dedicancy. With Nenar's acceptance of his goals, he bowed his head. It was time to do it all again.

"Know that any betrayal will be the only betrayal."  Nenar added.

It was time to act.