[✗] [Feat Lore] – [A Khurhukar's Blessing]

Markisstreaming

The Origin of The Blessing:
A Khurhukar's Blessing is one of the Khurhukar family's gifts to give a simple man, orc, elf, dwarf or any race for that matter, the power of calming someone with one single touch. The Blessing originated from the great mage, Isao, who on his deathbed, called his son in the room to say goodbye. It was a cold night. He touched his head and all of a sudden, the room felt warm. It wasn't radiating off of one of them, it came out of nowhere and everywhere. Now, it has to be known that Isao was a voidal mage, who got sick with voidal poisoning. This warmth quickly disappeared and Isao took his final breath. Leiko, Isao's son, felt unusually calm when this happened. After Isao's death was announced to the town, Rei, Isao's wife, came running to the Khurhukar family estate crying. Leiko was there to greet her, and he touched her back as a sign of support and empathy, when she went over to Isao's dead body. Then, Rei suddenly felt calm. She was so calm in fact, she started telling stories about Isao to Leiko. At this point, the town was totally shocked. It wasn't the fact that the mage died, rather that everyone was calm. After a week, Leiko wanted to test this thing that was happening, and he tried to calm a grieving woman on the island. He soon figured that his father blessed him somehow. Than his son, Satro was starting to ask about this calming effect his father had. Leiko thought that he will try the same thing as his father, and on a cold night, he called his son in the room. Satro was surprised at his fathers request, but he entered his dad's room none the less, to find him at his table writing. Satro walked closer to his dad, when Leiko touched his head. The same warmth filled the room like on that night all those years ago. Satro suddenly felt calm  too. Then he had the same powers as his father and grandfather.
What this "Blessing" is:
This blessing is one that a Khurhukar family member or a "blessed" person may pass onto the next generation. One may only calm someone using the blessing in a situations like: grief, anger or sadness. The closer the connection to the Khurhukar family, the stronger the calming effect. The blessing cam from the voidal mage, Isao, who in his last moments, tried calming his family down, and this resulted in giving the family a blessing. Now this blessing is passed on all around Almaris.
The actual ability:
The calming touch
This ability is preformed by a blessed person (described below). The person may calm anyone who is important to them with a touch.
This ability requires 1 emote, touching the person. The next one must be the other person calming down. There needs to be a calm environment. A mage may be blessed by a blessed person, but this is not something that is learnable. This mustn't be taught, but requires a TA to make an FA.
Redlines:
-One must be calm when the calming happens, otherwise it will have no effect

The blessing
The blessing works in the following way: it must be a cold night, the already blessed person touches a person anywhere on their body and they must be calm themselves. Then they have to recite a prayer to Metztli that goes like this: "Yohuac Muuna, Metztli, yeceh otiac opoch tehuantin tlalticpac. Totechmonequi amehuan oc co yollotl. Yectenehua tehuantin.". After this, a warmth fills the area, then disappears after a few seconds. Once the warmth is gone, the person is blessed. They may use this blessing in whatever situation it is needed in.
This ability requires 2 emotes. The first one must be the person calming down and touching the other person. The second emote must be them closing their eyes and reciting the prayer. A mage may bless someone only if they been blessed before, and only if there are less than 5 connections to the family. This ability must be taught, and requires a TA to teach.
Redlines:
-If there are already 5 connections (described below) between the mage and the family, they may not bless someone.

-The blessing must originate from a member of the family or a blessed mage. There are no "mysterious blessing from an unknown mage" or "waking up with the blessing".
General Redlines:
-A mage may only be blessed person if there are no more than 5 connections from the original blesser. Here are 3 examples:
The good one:
The mage has been blessed by the family (1 connection; the magic is strong)
The neutral one:
The mage has been blessed by someone who was blessed by someone who was blessed by the family (3 connections; the magic isn't as strong, but still more calming then a tea)
The really bad one:
The mage has been blessed through 5 connections. At this point, the magic is as strong as a cup of mint tea

-One may not claim that they are part of the family. This is pure metagaming and the moderators will be contacted.

Purpose (OOC)
This lore's purpose is the fact that anyone may be blessed, and such, it can reach the whole server. Also, this could make an appearance in other lore, like for example, one may become a "calmer" and go to funerals and calm the people. Or they may calm those in their final moments. Then these events could be put in PK posts. This would give these kinds of situations a bit of spice. And also, no one needs to know voidal magic or basically any kind of magic to learn this, just the blessing of a blessed person.

Citations, what this family is?
Lore about the family can be found here:

Edited by Markisstreaming

11 minutes ago, Markisstreaming said:

oh, thanks!

Much easier to read now, thanks!

So I'm reading through it - I think if you're going to connect it to a magic, Voidal Magic isn't a good choice simply because of it's destructive nature. Something like Bardmancy would be a better choice, though you should probably contact the creators of the magic before doing that.

11 minutes ago, satinkira said:

Much easier to read now, thanks!

So I'm reading through it - I think if you're going to connect it to a magic, Voidal Magic isn't a good choice simply because of it's destructive nature. Something like Bardmancy would be a better choice, though you should probably contact the creators of the magic before doing that.

Well you see, it's not connected to voidal magic, it's just the cause of Isao's death.

3 minutes ago, Markisstreaming said:

Well you see, it's not connected to voidal magic, it's just the cause of Isao's death.

But he's a voidal magician, and voidal magic eats away at the people who use it. I'm just saying there are far better magic sources! 

1 minute ago, satinkira said:

But he's a voidal magician, and voidal magic eats away at the people who use it. I'm just saying there are far better magic sources! 

It was used as a way to kill off the character, but the feat itself is not connected to voidal magic

1 minute ago, Markisstreaming said:

It was used as a way to kill off the character, but the feat itself is not connected to voidal magic

You're right on that, sorry

On another note.. the idea that this blessing can be used whenever somewhat takes away from conflict, don't you think? There's already an issue with people being faced with ten foot monsters and going 'Ha, this will be easy'. Surely this ability will aid that issue? Since you haven't outlined when it can be used after an individual is blessed..

6ck1d1.thumb.jpg.faf6d15d44c907109ff745818c69ceee.jpg

I personally find the family thing very gatekeepy. Especially with the line:

1 hour ago, Markisstreaming said:

One may not claim that they are part of the family. This is pure metagaming and the moderators will be contacted.

Is there a specific reason why this feat is locked behind familial lines oocly? The lore of this piece isn't a reason.

5 minutes ago, satinkira said:

You're right on that, sorry

On another note.. the idea that this blessing can be used whenever somewhat takes away from conflict, don't you think? There's already an issue with people being faced with ten foot monsters and going 'Ha, this will be easy'. Surely this ability will aid that issue? Since you haven't outlined when it can be used after an individual is blessed..

One may only calm someone using the blessing in a situations like: grief, anger or sadness.

Here, this is where it's said, basically anytime someone is not calm, it can be used

1 minute ago, Markisstreaming said:

Here, this is where it's said, basically anytime someone is not calm, it can be used

But that is.. every conflict ever

6 minutes ago, Astrophysical said:

6ck1d1.thumb.jpg.faf6d15d44c907109ff745818c69ceee.jpg

I personally find the family thing very gatekeepy. Especially with the line:

Is there a specific reason why this feat is locked behind familial lines oocly? The lore of this piece isn't a reason.

The reason for locking it behind family lines is that Isao blessed the family, but this may be passed on. I didn't mean for it to get through as gatekeepy, instead, I wanted to give more RP into these feats. I basically wanted for this feat to not be something that any half-decent mage can teach to anyone, but for it to actually take RP with either the family or people who know the family, and also, I put the connection thing in there, as to not make this something disconnected from the original family. And also, the family has a "rule" of teaching anyone who may be interested in the magic, so it won't be that "I don't like how you like, get lost". 

7 minutes ago, satinkira said:

But that is.. every conflict ever

The The blessing works in the following way: it must be a cold night, the already blessed person touches a person anywhere on their body and they must be calm themselves.

This also applies to the calming touch, so it can't be used in conflict

WORK IN PROGRESS, EDITING SOME FLAWS

Do not comment on it for a few hours please, I'm going to be editing some stuff

Other lore already does this; bardmancy, illusion, a few more too. Just my 2 cents. 

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.