THE ORDER OF SAINT TYLOS

9EB_i9SX26PnEjaVHj8B1Sc5VuU4DJxi7NLJCQww6MHgSNOPLkJgRdUo3z57MAy-YDezgYTu3RFmcqYllN7rCCHWkWbuP-IPXc1l0gHQlttrbZGML9jxxzzavuwu5FTg1in-3ECDJ8l1KsJXtplw-cs

DER ORDEN HEILIGEN TYLOS DER HENGST VON REINMAR

THE ORDER OF SAINT TYLOS THE STALLION OF REINMAR

Composed in the year of our Lord 1954 by Yvian Ritter Galken & Gottfried Barclay

“WAR IS HELL”

- Saint Tylos upon discovering that supply chain disruptions meant blonde hair dye was no longer available in Haense.

First created during the times of the County of Freimark and the reign of Count Ernst Barclay, the Sons of Saint Tylos were the first levy force of House Barclay, acting as the warriors and protectors of the County and their liege. Yet, with the fall of the Principality of Savoy, so did the Sons disperse and the glories of Freimark fade.

By the will and patronage of Graf Leon Barclay von Minitz, the Chivalric Order of Saint Tylos the Stallion of Reinmar shall be formed, becoming the spiritual successor of those who called themselves Sons of Saint Tylos. With Theoderic’s Warband acting as the levy of Minitz, the Ritters of the Order of Saint Tylos will thus forth be tasked with the protection of the House of Barclay von Minitz, as well as those of Reinmaren and Waldenian heritage across the realms.

Thus, shall the Ritters of Saint Tylos ride once more, under the eagle of green and blue.
GOTT MIT UNS

THE TENETS OF THE BLACK CROSS

ASKIs72g8q1lb2J9cB0ZeuLO9bI7JP1DJyAfgT7F9Op6Bd-JyuOxx_8QjZPDzHZqYQFHpqmh4wf_lO2mbSFBMUxgFUnxLfFznAhubtqTfJfZgB6sMZQUbyDoQEiv0nEnUZ7KmeI6N81ABTgngf_22vA

Originating from the tenets laid out by Count Ernst Barclay von Freimark, the Ritters of Saint Tylos still keep to those words. Does it happen that a Ritter ever breaks the Tenets, they are to be cast out of the Order and treated as a traitor to the Reinmaren people.

I: Serve only your Liege and GOTT, may you swear to no other man.

II: Hold your faith, and if so required, be prepared to enter the Seven Skies for it.

III: Uphold your Schwur and honour, for it is the man’s word that makes him.

IV: Flee not in the wake of struggle, for he who flees and betrays his brother was born a traitor.

V: Fight for those who cannot fight for themselves, be the sword protecting GOD’s men.

VI: Respect your steed as if it was your own embodiment. The true Reinmaren values his stallion.

VII: Do not look down on your fellow man, for everyone is equal in the eyes of GOD.

VIII: Fight alongside your fellow Ritter as you would with your own brother, for they indeed are your siblings-at-arms.

IX: Be brave, yet do not throw your life away for naught.

X: Be humble at heart, and show obedience to your commanders. Disobedience brings naught but ruin.

HIERARCHY

V0A6SkKaAPTRMMsbcnGM21XVH5kMfeX-LfzOVEUQBIoh7I8bE0MIb_Z3rXbzZYRGVxMagVoK91BdNrrjLAD0YheKznQnvupBXkVq_-qqrb5lQAEdR00Ji6jcPDKSzrwvLMoCUCtPgnpJTKYX9PcfhlQ

DER HERRENMEISTER // THE MASTER OF THE KNIGHTS
While the Order does not possess many ranks, there is one that stands above the rest. The Herrenmeister (Common: Master of the Knights) is hand-picked by the Herzog of Minitz, and acts as the Master of the Order of St. Tylos. It is their duty to see that the Herzog and his family are safe, and that the Order is properly armed and manned by Squires and Ritters. The Herrenmeister is the only man besides the Herzog himself capable of issuing orders to the Ritters, but due to the Order’s brotherly bonds, such is not often necessary.

-YOu6C9A9PUxF5pUNPP-qbSOQx5L-G_6jPpYcFOHb0_nKbH3KNM0kVdrW47pMasDQj-7j3SoTTRPKR9hN-EDcNWzKUnWGYFSfokEu9MhS5CHIWU6IcxiqmmTwTeUuW8OYnxUg7P7ELDpEsvEuAGgCis

DER RITTER // THE KNIGHT
Ritters are people who have completed their arduous training and quests and been Oathed as a Ritter by the Herzog. They are men of excellent military prowess and of unquestionable loyalty and honor to the Herzog, their Brothers and the people of Minitz. A Ritter has the right to take under them a single squire, who they’ll train in the ways of the Order. 

DER KNAPPE / THE SQUIRE
Squires are those who have been accepted to take tutelage under a Ritter, aspiring to one day become one themselves. Squires can be of any age, and they must undergo a strict and harsh training before being presented to the Herzog, who’ll grant them their final task before being made a Ritter of the Order.

SQUIREHOOD

XqxXcFBF-Cm4_iGWd9bVCoXgwpOuD70DGDczTcyapnv6s8gIDPTEvqwhXAXI1egmSTbFkNLsb6Xym6VWH5CthHSojMwuaSxyLXaO8fwdgj8dTGXbC9uoLFEckNMR5xvaMHXo1pmQ3MJSnj-p00MoXeA

Becoming a Ritter from a squire is an arduous journey, but the same can be said from becoming a squire in the first place. A Ritter is granted the privilege and responsibility to each pick a single Squire at a time, who they’ll tutor and teach in the way of the stallion, sword and tenets.

While a Ritter has the choice to pick their own Squire, must they first fill the following,

I) The Squire of the Order must be of Waldenian or Reinmaren heritage or have undergone the Ritual of Blood, thus converting to the Reinmaren culture.

II) The Squire must be clear of any allegiance or oaths made to foreign lords, for they serve only the Herzog and the Waldenian people.

III) The Squire will not worship a being other than GOTT almighty, and his Holy Mother Church. For the True Faith is only one.

After being accepted to the Order, the Ritter will judge when the Squire has proved himself ready both mentally and physically to become a Ritter. Then, the Squire shall walk the pilgrimage of St. Tylos before coming before the Herzog, who shall give the Squire a task of any sort or nature, which the Squire must complete before being Oathed as a Ritter of the Order of Saint Tylos.

OATH OF SAINT TYLOS

yhpay0ms4-bI9xyZbWVmmEDqt4kH_xU1HdO6vzwLJxVYgP6VpCNtfjGkHcdlEURZVmFO1K3pGvDrTDGotzHIYe1XMVvKeHCD2Ju7YRyWIK-PU2X3WDx7iGHOHoW8LNjb7nA4ZgUpJ1BX2ptZdAP8DZs

The Oath of Saint Tylos was sworn by his Sons, so it is only fitting that that tradition be continued with his Order. After completing his final trial, a Squire shall kneel before the bones of St. Tylos, and overlooked by the statues of Barclay Lords of the past, be Oathed a Ritter of Minitz and House Barclay by the Graf.

Under the Black Cross, I kneel with my brothers
Under the banner of Green and Blue, I pledge to no others
Before my Liege, I come forth
Before GOTT, I bow my head, he shall be witness to my oath.

My blade in hand, I pledge my sword
With clenched fist, I swear my bond
With brothers by my side, I awaken at night
With open heart, my guide shall be GOTT’s light.

From battle I shan’t avert
Such do those who traitors were born.
To my last hour I shall keep alert
That I uphold to what I have sworn

So I pray, Saint Tylos keep me,
To be his Son, I beg he heed me
To call those by my side my siblings
I shall hold them tighter than my feelings

So I pledged my oath, 
As a man I came forth
Now I rise, as Saint Tylos’ Son
May my service be forever undone

Until the light is gone,
Until the water is gone,
Until my life is gone,
Wielding my sword in valour until my breath is gone.

WER RASTET, DER ROSTET

Seine Hochgeboren, Leon Brandt Ritter Barclay von Minitz KRE

Ernte Herr, Graf Minitz, Burggraf Tucay, Freiherr Boriënwald, Herr Brandthof und Durres

Johann Ritter von Freimark KST, der Herrenmeister Orden des Heiligen Tylos der Hengst von Reinmar

unknown.png

ZCslOulwuTfclK63GnTh9SBHSZZmTxzewINyc0WsAhw98BC3T3aDrGv6fb_4E73mDNh1Ucu2Gz5djlXX4a4Fiuv-FWlZzsIQlgMcvZM2AwbFDV1SA-FKcSmCksCCeYk6azm1Q3YgqpOwg3DAjMUg4poMx0n_q12Nubac3PfVyPi1dRUI0TuNp5N2uQ

THE TRIALS OF THE ORDER

The Order’s trials are designed to push the Squire to their utmost borders, while also making sure that no training is negated and that only those who truly deserve such are to be oathed into the Order. 

There will be 10 trials, each supervised by the squire’s own Knight or the Herrenmeister.

The Trial of Loyalty: The Squire shall complete the Reinmaren trials under the guidance of the Chieftain, whereafter they will be blood oathed as a Reinmaren, and may choose a new name if they so wish.

The Trial of Faith: The Squire shall embark on the Pilgrimage of St. Tylos, where upon its conclusion they will be rebaptized under the eyes of GOTT, their earlier sins washed away as they pledge to a life of piety and honor.

The Trial of Honor: The Squire shall travel to two of the Waldenian settlements of his own choosing. There, he will complete a task bequeath upon him by the Lord of said settlement. The Squire must not gain any personal gain from the task.

The Trial of Strength: The Squire shall train in the arts of combat, whereafter they will be challenged by a Knight of random choosing. The Squire must fairly beat the Knight once in both combat and archery.

The Trial of the Steed: The Squire shall train in the arts of horsemanship and jousting, whereafter they will be challenged to a joust and a horse race by a Knight of random choosing. The Squire must fairly beat the Knight once in both.

The Trial of Hospitality: The Squire shall help and guide a person previously unknown to them, whether this be in settling to the Grafschaft or providing them assistance in a matter they require and is just.

The Trial of Justice: The Squire shall oversee a trial under either a Knights or the Lawspeakers supervision.

The Trial of Courage: The Squire will be subjected to something that they are afraid of, and they must overcome it alone.

The Trial of Humility: The Squire shall not once during his time under the Order take pecuniary reward or embark on a dishonorable guest that would benefit them.

The Trial of Celibacy: The Squire shall not once during their time under the Order commit acts of fornication, and they shall bear nor father no bastards.

GOTT MIT UNS,

FÜR DEN GRAF, KÖNIG UND DES WALDENISCH VOLKE,

Seine Exzellenz, Johann Ritter von Barclay, KST, der Herrenmeister Orden des Heiligen Tylos der Hengst von Reinmar

Edited by Frymark