The Order Of Scientific Research And Technology

Sagwort

Hmmm, Well.... I am only currently a student however I thought this was an AMAZING IDEA and would like t keep it up and alive, if no one else wants to keep it up, I would gladly take((if no one wants it)) or sharing control((rather that))!! I thought this was a great idea and want it to become a key part in this land, some ideas for changes if I was given control would be,

I would give up control and make a council, like currently in place although, it would be made up of one top teache from each area subject, like one for bio and they would for the most part control the members under them, expanding, giving jobs to people, however the council could over rule him/her if needed as well as cast them out of the council, letting them be replaced if they lost sight of their true goal: Education for All!!

We would make decissions about what is best for the guild!

Also, depending on intrests and numbers there could be many diffrent branchs of the same subject like 4 diffrent magic's, and each branch would have its own leader that is under the top teacheror. ((who is in the council))

I also see the need to bring back magic as an area of study, it will be a very important area and we need to seek out te possibilities for greater good!!

That is all I can think of for now that has not already been decided earlier

HOWEVER

I am not going to even ask for control unless I have support, if someone else wants it fine, whatever, if they want my help GREAT!! If you want me to become chairman that would be Awesome, but I am not going to do this without support,

If you think I would be a good person for control and would like to keep this up, please reply +1 or somthing like that to show support!! If you dont like it then I look forword to working or learning for someone else((I hope))!!

Please Reply

This won't be the death of the concept. It may rise with another name, however a higher education research facility is a requirement for the fruitfullness of Aegis' scientists and academics. One of the largest complications, from where I observed not being a chief member of the council or anything, was establishing a location. The institute couldn't be placed in the wilds but there was no definitive money man behind the project and the Golden Harvest's rent requests were too high for an organisation that was not yet established and had no income.

I would suggest, if people are still keen for the idea, that we let it sit for another week before attempting to re-establish anything. If the concept does make a rise it will probably have to be in another name for sake of record-keeping. The next step would be to bring a meeting of all professors and council members together to discuss the intentions of the institute, because the success or failure will lie almost entirely on each faculty head.

If anyone has some clarity as to when the map-change might take place (seen as its dependant on Notch's next release which I beleive the intended date is continually postponed) that may help distinguish whether the institute should wait or begin development now. Especially if books will not be carried through to the new map, all that research and writing will have gone to waste.

In my opinion the institute should not support the research of magic. It is intended for the research and higher education of scientific principles (most of which have little to do with altering your gameplay) therefore combat, alchemy and magic can be researched by those who are qualified to do so in guilds whose purpose is such. Perhaps when magic is released we can have people studying why the magic is so, but the intention (as I understand it) is not to better equip players, but to better understand why these things happen. The Aegean Academy might take up teaching magic and alchemy, its more up their alley.

Short answer: Let's just wait a bit before trying to ressurrect it. And rather than being a one-man army the new Order should be first collecting the minds that have volunteered their willingness before attempting to create another potential failure. (No schools have ever been successfully set up, there are always bigger barriers than you would expect).

Sorry for the novel.

Again I am truly sorry for what had to be done anyone that once to take this idea go with it. I seemed to have the proper amount of members although I just didnt have the time. This would make a great gruild for who ever has the time

Over the next few days i will be looking for a new guild master for this guild. Please comment if you want this to be you.

MC Name: Paulie2499

RP Name: Zelphar Autumnfire

Why do You Want To Join: I want to join because My character has been a scholar and is always on a quest for knowledge.

What Lab Are You Looking Into: I am looking into the soul lab because my Character has experienced the paranormal and beyond in his travels refer to the Odyssey of Zelphar which happened before he came to Aegis http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/11040-the-odyssey-of-zelphar/page__p__43503#entry43503

Zelphar's Background story (Application): http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2145-ninevenes-application/page__p__8407#entry8407

OSRT Professors, or people who applied for a professor's position, please head to THIS POST to register your interest in teaching, if you're still committed to the concept. All researchers, please continue your research independantly, if you can find the time, and once AIT is properly functioning we'll be looking to offer research grants and providing facilities. This is still a small way off though, so just keep your eyes on the AIT Topic Title.

MC Name GrimReaper98

RP Name Falgor_The_Goblin<

Why Do You want To join

As Falgor likes the way he can make things called elixirs. He likes them very much as he grows on his skill. He is hoping that this will improve his skill and let him know more about the things he can use. And hoping they can cure his phobia of cacti. He doesn't like running in orc lands

Your education

Read and write fluently from spending 5 years in a library. Alchemy (Basic) Skills.

MC Name

doomday58

RP Name

Artemis_Cazador

Why Do You want To join

I would like to join because I wish to preform some experiments on a wireless redstone system in a safe enviroment. I would also like to join because my character could be deemed a scholar and is always willing to learn new things.

Your education

My character has spent a large portion of his life learning and the quest for knowledge has grown on him and this would be a good place to start his jorney in the would of Ageis.

Just saying, this is one of those inactive guilds at the moment because of the lack of facilities

MC Name: ckjover2

RP Name: Garan

Why do You Want To Join: I am a curious person interested in advancing science. I wish to use alchemy to come up with more useful items for the world of aegis. I hope to create different inventions that will advance technology.

What Lab Are You Looking Into: Alchemy

MC Name Falconbyte

RP Name Falcon

Why Do You want To join: i wish to learn how to use red stone to help my guild in creating traps and cool things.

Your education: Redstone.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.