Up In Flames

Criala

Deep within the Father Grove, a newly attuned druid knelt in front of a spruce log. A log where all kinds of different images were carved upon its surface.

At the top of it was a magnolia blossom, the stem swirling down to be against the spine of an open book. 

On the open pages, a number of symbols were carved. The smoldering cinders of a fire was in the center of one page. A lynx lounging was in the top right of that page, and in the lower left corner was an iris flower. 

On the other open page was a rip tide current, flowing away from a shore. In the top left corner of that page was a crystal, painted to be a brownish silver color. Below the book was wilting grass and flora, decaying trees, animals cowering as they stared up at something. The grass and bushes continue downward, growing more alive the further away it is from whatever the animals were looking at. Within the grass and trees was the face of a mountain lion, paw forward and ready to pounce. 

Just below the paw is the carved form of a young mali, holding a bow in their hands. Underneath that it transitions into a family of bears, a mother with her two cubs, underneath a tree out in a forest somewhere. The tree stood strong, appearing to not bow to anything. The base of the tree thinned into a singular root, which soon took the shape of a staff. Many different things adorn it. The bottom of the staff was attached to a log, numerous engravings along the sides of the log. Grass was along the bottom as it began to shift to two figures appearing ready to fight. 

There was an empty space at the very bottom of the log. A carving tool in hand, the druid appeared to be taking it to the empty spot, taking her time to carve something.

The task was taking a fair bit of time, but that didn’t seem to bother her. 

“Haelun?” A familiar voice called out.

Gold pulled from the log, sparing a glance over her shoulder to meet a striking icy blue.

“Karin’ayla, oem’ii.” She greeted, before turning back to what she was doing.

“What’re you doing?” He asked, head tilting to the side slightly in curiosity.

“Adding the last part to my Grand Task.” She replied, focused on not getting her hand or fingers with the carving tool.

“I thought you finished that though.” He watched, icy hues remaining curious. A blade hung from his left hip.

“There was one part left. My totem after being attuned.” She shaved off another bit of the wood’s surface, resulting in that spot being finished. She stood then, taking a step back.

His gaze fell on the recently finished engraving, taking it in.

Along the bottom of the feet of the figures, a fire beginning to be lit was carved.

“What’s your totem then?" The youth asked, soon turning his head to look down at his Haelun. "Flame?”

“No. Kindle.” She tucked the carving tool back into her satchel.

“Kindle.” He repeated, giving a nod of his head. “It suits you, Haelun.” 

“Ahernan.”

“How did you know? What it was?” 

“In my attunement vision, I was told.” Her voice softened, gaze shifting up to meet her son’s. 

“By who?” 

A smile tugged at her lips at that, no other words coming from her. And from the way she smiled, he didn’t need to ask again to know who it was.

The figure stepped forwards. A curved blade hung from his hip. Hood pulled over his face, keeping it in shadow. Stepping to Rosalia's side, he bent his head to whisper quietly in her ear. "Hope is the flame that feeds us all. From the weakest child to the strongest warrior. Keep it burning. Reignite it when it's needed. Be the kindle to the flame of truth and life.”

53yojVCGN99j7cQr6aIJhThAhGnkE--qEEVPQf9vMyV5xzdd65Jb7u-D41DvPYNwwCMe9hG8sm5uqnnRPn-R8h_USsxELnyMn7UfpBZ3CU1bT-V7OhxQg9128rjPwSYaLFX_TXHu3wfGhzgKloj_eRFxOYpCOZMAvIj8vb8TvTPSKvVY7TkidrjkVlFk

The Aureon Ranger would smile as he saw the finished piece. Planting a couple of orchids at the base of the log. "I know you both would have been proud. She will continue with your legacies, I will see to it." He'd set down two small kuila idols, one made out of Blooming Kuila, depicting a Hyssop, the other made out of Inferno Kuila, depicting Cinder.