An Angel Sings

zuziee

uILFyuMtwzWQJF8V7OvxCRcqyEwoOoOiJWThiYK8QEK0F-2PEDHE_9NsDG0ReZ1QJAOaocULgoJ6m-mkpcCw7SfGuhnfr9ynjwtV-zHYhfXmZieblbwd8is67BbqqqZixlaxAJByaiH5pi28M6viZe5fnfulvCmBNTWre-qvuq64u6afoBTQGKA5TMH2bA

LxwGq8j2c1Ohlt5jY7p0ZLVq6Wux9TJ2d29NCMuGjER6E-ByO0ow7rqcbzHUy2gKmnvirLL56CNvR8PKzqZCp2a8W4LSMMpWwLdxMXPzIQHs_quKZgqbVqrYnauVzpu3DZ8n6UtF2h6RCYnXHynD-NpJz_YAeeCcZ3EX9tvgzfoQBks1bRzsVSotwkx7VA

Austina putting her firstborn to bed

15th of the Sun’s Smile, 1902

W9s5rs6a_Jcx5JHkrYEsbSkpKi_g4pmd5O1Hcyl6XhI08DbPkfqruHINSaTSqFGXZSC2bptIWLrjC2i9DsHmcX8iTs0VMNxZHk_o-Y7OJV760WKllU4000mrVqNpIdtbtumEDavo1KgkzIqsbT56qA37VGE1SEsdPh4vVKXqOrhE98Yr4DcOnSkfJh1mWw

Austina Prudence closed the door behind Alexandra, the silence of the castle devouring her as tears continued to stream across her cheeks. Her husband and a few others had been kidnapped and blood-soaked on the newly paved streets. She was at a loss for words. A loss for what to do next. Heat sweltered across her body as she leaned against the wooden door. A sharp, involuntary pain shattered her stomach as she’d begin to scream violently, slamming her fist against the wall. 

She had no clue whether her husband would make it back alive, no clue if any of them would. This fear distracted her briefly, pulling herself up using the door handle. Yet as she grabbed for it, it began to slowly burn like hot melting gold. Another screech echoed across the castle as she coddled her hand. As her eyes peered up back towards the door, she noticed the handle was not red with heat nor was her palm. It was imaginary. However, the pain in her stomach was not. 

"GOD Help meshe’d cry out, clawing at the sleeves of her dress as a mixture of water and blood trailed down her leg and toward the ground. I do not want to lose my husband… I cannot lose my child. with a mighty breath she’d scream out again, this time in hopes of catching the ears of a passerby. 

Austina would be found shortly after by the Reverend Mother Anna and Beatrice; two women who had happened to hear the commotion from the square below. As the rather weak Austina was pulled to her feet and all three of their eyes went wide at the pile of blood left below the woman's body. She would be taken to the closest sofa, moaning in aching pain. 

"Gather water and spare cloth Anna would command, sending Beatrice off into the basement as Austina’s eyes went wide with panic. 

"I am not ready… I am not ready to be a mother! Austina screamed hysterically Where is my husband? Where is Heinrik? What of my mother? Where is my family! grasping at the Reverend’s hand, squeezing it with distraught anger. Beatrice took her time coming up the steps, careful not to spill water as she set it on the table next to Anna only to light a cigarette. 

Anna would wet the cloth, placing it onto Austina’s forehead to calm the frenzied Duchess. You have to push, you must. The child will die otherwise. the priestess instructed. 

An hour later, the room erupted with the cries of a baby and the release of panicked laughter. Anna would release the child from the mother, cleaning their face and swaddling them up. Austina was as pale as snow, Are they well?she’d weakly query, her body reaching out for the child. 

"She is just fine.” Anna would retort, handing the swaddled child to her mother. Praise God. she’d continue on, watching the child wail out She has healthy lungs, even if born prematurely. Beatrice, seeing the act was done, removed herself to get fresh air.

Austina’s body melted into the plush sofa, her eyes examining the baby's features. Her pale complexion complimented her raven hair and green eyes. At that moment, a sudden realization washed over her. “She looks… just like her father. her eyes looked up out the window, filling with tears as she held the baby close to her bosom. You must come home Heinrik. shutting her lids tightly and falling into a deep slumber. The Reverend pulled a blanket over the new mother, offering a light prayer before also leaving to follow Beatrice out.

Adria is honored to announce the birth of

SUZANA OTTA SARKOZIC

@amyselia

The firstborn of Heinrik Otto, the Count of Veletzia

&

Austina Prudence, the Baroness of Aldersberg

Within the month, the firstborn would begin to exhibit an ailing disposition, troubling the nursemaids of St. Emmaline, who informed the new parents much to their alarm. The next night, the castle was fumigated, and the doors to the nursery were barred shut. For how long? Time would tell.