The Dream

Tayelikel

The following is not public knowledge in any form irp   

Spoiler

starryai-0-550512226-1-0-photo.png

In the nothingness around her Fennari only felt a chill of cold wind against her cheek, the sharp sting of snowflakes brushing and melting on her skin. Lifting a hand she pushed a soft mound of snow which broke against her palm away, bringing herself to stand, the powder of snow falling off her and back to the bank below. With a shiver she wrapped her around herself for warmth, pushing a leg forward to cautiously trudge through the soft barricade of the powdery pile before her.

Trying to recall how she rose in the bank brought up no memories, an empty space of unaccounted time. Lost in the nothingness that followed her existence she lamented her predicament. Lost, with nothing to account for her whereabouts, she felt helpless. A rarity given how easily she seemed to get around. How at ease and adaptable she normally was.
Pausing for a moment she dropped a hand to before her, heart skipping a beat “Alu?” she called.
No reply
     “Alu!” she called out again, clicking her tongue to recall her faithful guide dog. Yet she seemed absent. Panic began sinking into her core. Alu had always been her eyes, at her side, with her to watch her, guide her, to bring her back when she was lost. Where could she have gone?

“ALU” she wailed into  the nothingness, hearing only the wisps of wind in reply. Tightening the hug against herself she continued to tremble. Trudging further into the  snow. A soft sniffle breaking from her.
     ‘I wanted to see my family, my loved ones’

The words played out so effortlessly in her mind, she had asked her newest friend about sight. Being curious and wanting to understand what the seeing world was like. What did the world look like without nothingness? Their sight had been healed and so for the first time, she had someone who could understand and express the part of missing knowledge she craved.
For her entire life, she had accepted her limitations, her condition. Her parents Dotted on her, loved her, cared for her and with wanting for nothing shed little reason to search beyond her current reality.
She was young and naive.
With a simple sentence the reality of her world crashed before her. 

‘I wanted to see me family, my loved ones’
She had no idea what her father looked like, her mother. She had no concept of her own appearance or what Alu looked like. The concept of color was lost to her. She had never seen a written word or written her own name. An entire piece of life locked behind the nothingness of her eyes.
It began to make sense, the need to see. The depth of her own shortcomings staying in the nothingness. Powerless, she was powerless and at the mercy of the world around her.
     The world could be cruel

Were it not, she'd have Alu, Were it not she'd know her own parents face. Were it not she would have been born with a body that worked, not cursed to live out missing the experiences many took for granted. Though she would keep strong, she would continue.
Shed keep walking
If it were hours, or minutes she didn't know, continuing to trudge through the knee deep snow below her, she panted in her weariness “Please” she murmured “...If only..if only i could see...” she stopped, catching her breath before collapsing with the cold. Her legs unable to carry her  further.
“Please” the simple thought danced across her mind before she felt the warmth of fur curling up under her.a head resting against her chest.
“Alu” she murmured in relief
And then she woke