The Return Of An Old Nabeel

Javert

JP4EYz8u-uddMWKtn9nNIGFzUkDokVVK1qCwKUYV0K6iIuHeGeDihqAGfYgqP8W7WHx7ziodRMdez66KtEzEl_rFHCiVsv0bEnyiLUEuAzscXKXlohbojWu7mWiyWBYPwM7StzRYIGO9ElZ3WVZ7D4w

Ahsan Ibn Awf Al-Nabeel upon returning to the ruins of the Fakhr Oasis

For many decades, Ahsan had wandered the vast expanse of the South. Inconsolable after the dissolution of his homeland - the Kharasi Sultanate - the Al-Nabeel took to wandering across the mountains and sands in an effort to find himself. It eventually brought him back to where it all began, the Fakhr Oasis itself. Ahsan spent several days pondering amongst its ruined stones, trying to find answers only the Creator could give him. At some point, Ahsan came to a revelation: Would his kin have wanted him to turn his back on their people? Would his Cousin, Once-Sultan Qamar Ibn Zayd, have wanted him to forgo his responsibilities and let the Banu Nabeel die with him? And so Ahsan pulled his belongings together and made his departure from the old Fakhr Oasis. Ahsan would find his people, and he would ensure the survival of the Banu Nabeel if it were the last thing he did. He would repent for his absence by serving his people once more.

Spoiler

OOC: Decided to unshelve my Al-Nabeel, I look forward to playing with him again! Wanted to make a small post so I apologize if you were expecting something larger

The now aged Sultan found himself reading this parchment that was written by a familiar face, his cousin, Ahsan. A familiar smile came to the old Nabeel, something he found himself rarely doing after the loss of his wife, his partner for life. 

"Long may my family live, we have survived for centuries past and for centuries to come. I just wish that I'd have seen more of that with my Sultana."

Qamar quipped as he safely placed the parchment within his clothing before leaning once more on his walking stick and making his way off into a new city.

"Brother?!" another aged Al-Nabeel wondered...