Jihnyny

Spoiler

A SWAMPY GUIDE TO SHRINES

BOGDÂG'LAK

I.) INTRODUCTION
II.) WHAT IS A SHRINE
III.) HOW DO YOU BUILD A SHRINE
VI.) WHAT YOU SHOULD OR NOT DO

My name is Bogdâg’Lak and in my experience, I have noticed a litter of shrines around the great GOI, and outside it. Laying there in waste, unkempt and untidy, as if the spirits have been forgotten. So I have decided to create a guide for my fellow spiritualists, on how to make the best shrine possible, for your patron. In this guide, I will explain; what a shrine is, how you build one, and what you should or should not do. I hope by KRUG himself, this will help my fellow spiritualists.

WHAT IS A SHRINE 

A shrine is a place of worship for a certain deity, in this case, the spirit(s). There are many ways to worship your patron spirit(s) and both the easiest, cheapest way to praise them, is to build a shrine. A shrine commonly consists of a table or a platform where one may offer sacrifices or rituals, a simple totem or sign that symbolizes the spirit (e.g flower for Freygoth), and the shrine's name. 
Once built, many events can take place around this shrine from prayers, sacrifices, and shamanic rituals which will all allow the spirit that you worship, to gain power and strength.

ab984f61ff16d082fc5276ae65deb0f1.png

A SHRINE DEDICATED TO THE ANCESTRAL SPIRIT, LUR

HOW DO YOU BUILD A SHRINE?

Shrines are quite simple to put together; all you need is a place for offerings, the name of the spirit that the shrine is dedicated to, and a totem or symbol symbolizing the spirit. The best way to start a shrine is to gather materials. If you have a rich amount of materials, choose some that would symbolize your spirit, for example, a crimson-blood red palette for the spirit Gazigazh. If you are poor on materials, just do whatever suits you, nice and simple. Here are some steps, to get you started;

I.) Find a spot for your shrine. One that is not in the middle of nowhere, and would be noticed, or commonly used

II.) Gather your materials and begin to construct the shrine in the designated area. 

III.) Place an offering atop the altar or a decoration and a sign devoted to the spirit of the shrine.

c02a875930ba200d47fa66d5e54ab06a.png

A SHRINE DEDICATED TO THE IMMORTAL  SPIRIT, KOR

WHAT YOU SHOULD, OR SHOULD NOT DO

There are no do’s and don’ts for the spirits. As long as they gain their worship and praise, they will be happy. However, shrines can become a problem when they are littered around carelessly. It prevents the GOI from being constructed, as it can be a difficult matter to destroy a shrine, and it also can look quite horrendous when placed in the middle of an open field, which is not good for the eyes of the Urukim.

I.) You should not replace another shrine with your own, this can be seen as an act of war or a challenge between the two parties of each shrine. 

II.) You should not make a shrine for your own benefit and should maintain the shrine best you can, an offering, whether it be living or nonliving, would work. 

III.) Size does not matter. You do not need to make an enormous and gigantic shrine for your spirit, as long as it's kept to, it's as good as any other.

LUP’LAKLUL

SPIRIT OF THE SWAMPS