Interview of the Pontiff

image.thumb.png.51f2a21915f0e32462f2c32a3b554cb4.png

Issued on the 6th of Haren’s Folly, 1925 I.S.T.

────────────────────────────────────────────────

───────

After conducting an interview with His Holiness, High Pontiff Sixtus V, I have reached the following conclusion. The High Pontiff's perspective on the world makes for an intriguing interview experience. Unlike others, the High Pontiff's sole purpose is to faithfully follow the word of GOD and seek the best outcomes for GOD and devoted followers. Throughout our conversation, I posed a range of questions and gathered the following insights.

First and foremost, when asked about allegiance to any nation, the High Pontiff indicated that before assuming the role of High Pontiff, they may have had such allegiances. However, their loyalty now lies solely with GOD and, by extension, the canonist nations. In response to my inquiry about other activities besides their duties as the High Pontiff, they explained that the title itself allows little to no time for personal pursuits.

When questioned about how world events affect them, the High Pontiff expressed deep concern. Their primary mission is to administer faith and ensure its widespread dissemination. It pains the High Pontiff to witness the godless and heathen Mori uprooting the lives of faithful followers of GOD. They are saddened by the multitude of people who have lost their way amidst these events and feel powerless to protect the canonist lands. Nonetheless, the High Pontiff acknowledged that nations devoted to GOD have faced disasters before, and while grieving is necessary, it also serves as a test from GOD. These challenging times reveal the true piety within each individual.

Inquiring about their dreams, the High Pontiff responded with simplicity. Their first dream revolves around the skies—a place beyond our current existence, free from suffering. The second dream involves restoring their faith and improving the clergy's teachings, thereby facilitating a better understanding and spreading of the faith to others.

Before assuming the role of High Pontiff, Sixtus V held the positions of Lord Palatine of Haense under King Georg and Patriarch of Jorenus. Prior to that, they served as the Bishop of Valwyc and the court chaplain to King Karl III. The High Pontiff shared that their father, a Rhenyar, was a refugee who fled the Sinners' War, while their mother hailed from a Haeseni ducal family. Although somewhat of an anomaly in the north, they experienced no discrimination. They recounted their journey as an acolyte in the Church of the Canon, having been under the guidance of Matriarch Cardinal Kateriuna.

In conclusion, after the interview, I can confidently state that the High Pontiff is a remarkable individual. Despite the tumultuous circumstances surrounding our conversation, they provided detailed and well-thought-out answers. I must admit that words fail to capture the true piety of His Holiness, the High Pontiff. I wish High Pontiff Sixtus V all the best in guiding the canonist nations through these trying times, and I fervently pray that we will overcome our challenges and discover a new path forward with GOD's guidance.

────────────────────────────────────────────────

───────

Signed,

Firr Jonathan O’Kieran, Ward of Tuvia, Royal Scribe to the Morrivi Pirkaz Court

Kor'garr, Skriptgoth of the Horde, raises his brow in surprise as he reads over this interview with the leader of Canonism. A tusked grin spreads beneath a thick handlebar mustaches before he lets out a harsh chuckle.

"Wehl dun, yub... Wuld hav prifeerd tu peep dah originul zkript uv dah intervyu en ikzakt wurdz, buht ztyll wehl dun. Whu iz diz... Jon uv clan O'Kieran? Dey moight bi'ag hozh imployee." With that question uttered the Kaktuz Weekli owner begins to draft up a letter for the Ward of Tuvia...

Translation

Spoiler

"Well done, yes... Would have preferred to see the original dialogue of the interview in exact words, but still well done. Who is this... Jon of clan O'Kieran? They might be a good employee."