[EVENT] AN URGENT CALL TO PRAYER

Boknice275

https://imagedelivery.net/9sCnq8t6WEGNay0RAQNdvQ/UUID-cl90fmozj522918vmqylzg8btu6/public

Canticle of Faith 1:9

I am the Lord God without peer, and My Word is the holy word, and My path is the virtuous path, and all the blessings of the Virtue shall fall before the righteous who tread it.

[!] The following missive is nailed to buildings across Haense and Aaun. Some are found laying upon the ground as the blizzard sweeps across the main Haenseti city. 

Blessed denizens of Haense and Aaun, I greet you in the mighty name of our LORD. My name is Ser Philip. I have held many titles within the lands of Canondom: Grand Inquisitor, Holy Ser of the Mother Church, and informal honorifics such as ‘the righteous’ or the Darkslayer. Needless to say, my heart bleeds for the followers of our LORD who have suffered at the hands of wicked calamities. It is my belief that these calamities - both the flood which overtook Whitespire and the brutal ice storm which afflicts Haense - are the works of Iblees and his agents meant to strike FEAR and DOUBT into the people of GOD. Indeed, as a missive from the iniquitous Ibleesians states, “Your people shall know no rest. Your GOD cannot save you.” 

Beloved, Iblees is a foul liar. He is defeated, as the Scroll of Auspice prophesies. His agents are of the same order as him; bastions of sin whose mission is to tempt you into his service. But the LORD says in his Written word that the Righteous shall overcome the wicked in the end. It is my intention, as a blessed warrior of GOD, to assist Canondom in it’s triumph over these evils. 

For far too long we, as Canonists, have been comfortable adhering to tradition, ritual, and pleasantry. Many of us will burn a candle during mass before we will pray with no pretension. Many of us will worry about how we dress before we consider the condition of our souls before the LORD. But GOD says enough. We must learn how to pray. Exalted Owyn, when he triumped over wicked Harren and struck him with blindness, prayed forth the blessing of GOD to do such. When he used the Flame of GOD to strike down a town full of the wicked, he learned how to pray.

All of you have the fire of GOD within your hands - within your hearts! It is time to use that fire and set the covens of darkness on fire. It is time to use the fire of GOD to judge them for their crimes against the righteous. GOD has given us the authority to defeat these fiends, we simply must use it. We will not cower, nor shall we hide from the works of the wicked. We shall convene in the Cathedral in Valdev for a mass of fiery prayers for deliverance from the wicked and their corresponding judgment. These prayers will address both calamities in Aaun and Haense and all other future plans concocted by the wicked. After this evening of fiery prayer is done and sealed in heaven, I assure you that the enemy shall trouble none of the people of Canondom any longer. 

We shall pray uncommon and dangerous prayers. We shall pray judgment upon the wicked such as: O’ lord, strike my enemies with blindness! I suspect our prayers shall drive out the malign influences from our realm as we make them.

Gather at the appropriate time, beloved, and let us forever foil the works of the Enemy and his agents. Let us also nourish our souls with the assurance of our Eternal Lord that the path of the Righteous will reap the virtues of holiness. Our path shall remain rooted in his promise which no agent of darkness shall overcome.

In GOD’s ultimate authority and love,

Ser Philip the Righteous,

Holy Ser of the Mother Church.

OOC event information:

Spoiler

Hello all! We're having a prayer event in response to the recent calamities tomorrow (Friday, September 22nd, 2022) at 3 PM EST in Haense at the cathedral. Look forward to good fun!

Edited by Boknice275