PACTVS PONTIS

JoanOfArc

PACTVS PONTIS

FOEDUS VELEC ET VALLAGNE

In the year 10 of the Age of Rights and the Age of Reckoning

fixed.png?ex=65157cbd&is=65142b3d&hm=685

fsFu2iE.pngBY THE UNWAVERING AUTHORITY OF THE STATE AND THE REPUBLICAN MANDATE BESTOWED UPON THE ILLUSTRIOUS CHAMBER OF HEIDMEN, WE HEREBY ISSUE THIS IMPERIOUS MISSIVE, RESONATING WITH THE EMINENT VIRTUES OF HONOR, DUTY, LIBERTY, FRATERNITY, VALOR, AND WISDOM. WITH THIS COMMUNICATION, WE ENLIGHTEN THY READER UPON THE INTRICACIES OF STATECRAFT AND UNVEIL THE CURRENT AFFAIRS THAT ENGAGE OUR SOVEREIGN REALM.

In a heartfelt renewal of friendship, we, the League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra, reaffirm our unwavering loyalty to the Almighty and to one another. With the signing of this treaty, we cast aside the doubts and conflicts of yesteryears and boldly proclaim our shared vision: May harmony, tranquillity, and steadfastness prevail across the vast expanse of humanity.

In the spirit of righteousness and mutual understanding, the following articles have been mutually agreed upon by both parties:

The Terms are as followed,

Article 1: Sovereignty 

I. The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra hereby concur to acknowledge the autonomy and sovereign prerogative of each respective realm, and acknowledge the River Constantine as the absolute division of each parties’ territorial claims.

Article II: Mutual guarantee

I. The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra hereby pledge to refrain from engaging in any acts of aggression or military hostilities against one another in any manner.

II. In addition, this commitment encompasses the preservation of the right to unrestricted movement of their respective citizens between the signatory nations.

III. The citizens of either party shall refrain from accepting military commissions or engaging in mercenary employment from any state with which the other party is involved in a state of war.

Article III: Military Alliance

I. The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra agree to a defensive military alliance, in which any hostilities from a third party against any one of them will be viewed as an attack against the both of them.

II. The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra confirm and declare that should either party intend offensive military undertakings against a third party nation, then, if in defence of their independence aforementioned, Article III clause I comes into operation; if the declaration of war shall be with intent to conquer, humiliate or any other reason than defence of independence, then they shall immediately consult the other party for assent, for both parties declare that above all the interests of their own inviolable sovereignties are taken into account.

III: The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra agree to settle any dispute between them or in which they may be involved through diplomatic means in such a manner that this alliance and the laws of The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra are not endangered.

IV: The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra agree to consult together whenever, in the opinion of either of them, the territorial integrity, political independence or security of The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra is threatened.

Article IV: Extradition

I. The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra hereby consent to a reciprocal extradition provision, whereby a citizen of either nation, provided there is justifiable cause for their arrest, may be apprehended and subsequently transferred to the jurisdiction of the courts in the territory where their alleged crime transpired.

II. In such instances, an Extradition Request must be formally submitted by the judicial authorities of the first party's state to the Monarch or Captain-General and the Council of Heidmen of the second party for approval.

III. Legal representation for the defendant may be provided by the judicial representatives of the nation from which the citizen or subject originates.

Article V: Diplomatic Exchange

I. The parties collectively affirm the principle of diplomatic exchange between their respective governments, aimed at fostering dialogue and mutual understanding. In accordance with this, the Commonwealth of the Petra shall dispatch a temporary envoy to the League of Veletz, and reciprocally, the other party stands ready to attend diplomatic meetings at the behest of Her Majesty's Government.

II. The parties jointly endorse the principle of diplomatic freedom, emphasising the inviolability and immutability thereof. This entails that envoys and government messengers shall enjoy unrestricted movement within the territory of each party. Furthermore, they shall not be subject to prosecution by local or national authorities for any civil or criminal proceedings unless their home country explicitly waives their entitlement to such immunity.

III. The parties retain the prerogative to formally expel a diplomat whose actions are deemed to have substantially undermined the national integrity and order of either party's realm.

Article VI: Duration

I. The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra hereby stipulate that this treaty shall remain in force for eight years.

II. Should any of The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra desire to enact modifications to this treaty in the future, they shall engage in consultations with the others to deliberate upon substantiated alterations, in order to prevent the potential dissolution of this agreement through mutual consent.

III. Upon the expiration of the treaty's stipulated duration, The League of Veletz and the Commonwealth of the Petra reserve the option to petition for an extension, to be collectively considered, should it be deemed advantageous to both parties.

HIS GRACE, Gaspard of the House van Aert, Captain-General of the League of Veletz, Duke of Middelan, First Citizen, Protector of Midlanders, Defender of Dumacracy

HER LADYSHIP, Saskia of the House van Aert, Heidman of the League of Veletz

O SAINTE RÈGNE PETRÉRE

HER ROYAL MAJESTY, Renilde I, by the Grace of GOD, Queen of the Petra, Marquise de Val d’Estenou, Countess of Temesch and Moere, Baroness of Garmont, Valfleur, Vallagne-en-Petra, and of the Phoenixspire, Protector of the Meadows, Defender of Liberty

“Why do they put weird V’s everywhere? I never understood…” Renilde said in her own mother tongue of the Petran people to her own grandchild, who too was becoming proficient in the language.