THE EVIL EYE AND THE HIDEOUS HEART

oliviaaaahr

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE ARTWORK BELOW.

dL6wEUHXJUg-D1NFTOIcGinC0sBg2iunCXt5I0o_i_f7_UI948iDAY5jGIV9C0I3HGslCAHnk12P0WonW_ZwmwnS13jGVxQh1f0xYCOrxP3ZeY5iVdO1oj6Cfi4qj_03EqGaY-kcdeyspRDmx3zeOno

AyRrzYzrkW0zfI7Y1e6NgoLVmWTARtXCI6KsNhIc2aInZqe21fMWpN1LdTMTTUKDkA84VWkTYwC7pw7_MvyHQjlb3DHCeTVHAROALhPKJd8TxyeIaxAs0qCUIueH_hQ91HxdceTjfRz4HXaoAao3dyw  

uDMEck2DKMlBI4LzcrDMSkkzu-w6lux9lWqUFTog4QFPN0FfKzaaZBUt9XG4JfGyolYQN8WK4Bfe9_9PM-fTNNS1rgT7AtII-Pp1NvT-IWV8ASyR_b6bnsyu_QlFcZOGMvgG-1Gv9DDywtyscmjOv9U

[A young Antigone caring for an injured Aleksandra c. 1953]

AyRrzYzrkW0zfI7Y1e6NgoLVmWTARtXCI6KsNhIc2aInZqe21fMWpN1LdTMTTUKDkA84VWkTYwC7pw7_MvyHQjlb3DHCeTVHAROALhPKJd8TxyeIaxAs0qCUIueH_hQ91HxdceTjfRz4HXaoAao3dyw

IN WHAT REALM must a girl sit and watch idle as one parent is martyred, and the other, nearly slain in her desire for justice; true Justice, where the culprit is punished accordingly, righteously, by the servants of GOD, through His word and teachings—that justice. A man taken from his family, a King taken from his people, all in a night’s work by those you so fervently protect. If a man of any house may slay a king and come forth unscathed, with the reward of maintaining his land; if he may come forth unscathed, with the reward of no consequence to match his crimes; if he may come forth unscathed, with the reward of watching the righteous writhe and shriek as his unholy, impious path continues, like generations priorKINSLAYER! KINGSLAYER! – What is there to stop those with similar ambitions? What punishment, what JUSTICE weighs their conscience?

THE ANSWER IS QUITE SIMPLE. None. Blood has been shed, lives have been lost, and yet you stand idle, tail tucked neat between your trembling, unsteady legs. COWARDS. COWARDS. Anonymous, you hide behind papers and exaggerate a story in which my mother’s agony is turned comical for your amusement? Well, I shall not remain anonymous; I am no coward. I share with the realm my name. I am ANTIGONE RENATA VON ALSTREIM and I condemn all those involvedSTASSION, and the useless bystanders—to a suffering far worse than what my family has suffered, than what my mother has suffered at your hands. Was my father’s blood not enough to soak them? You, too, desire her life?

Does it truly humor you? Does it bring you joy? A Saint’s week has not passed and yet, you sit like vultures ‘round your writing tables, scribbling down your profound, vile words and jests. SeeI, too, have a splendid sense of comedy. 

ONE; a woman warns her Kingdom that impending doom is on their doorsteps. In turn, the woman is verbally and socially crucified, driven out from the land she has given her life & children to.

TWO; the woman, and the Dowager Queen (in which her charges are alleged), are imprisoned shortly after – for the act of warning against a traitorous family with no loyalty to any but their own (and only on special occasions may that be the case).

THREE; the woman returns home, graced with numerous visits and letters from those in her old Kingdom – a wondrous mix between condemning her actions and begging for her return.

FOUR; the PUNCHLINE. The family the woman had warned her council against acts swiftly, SLAUGHTERING the King and the woman’s husband, the King’s most trusted confidant, in movements speedier than one may blink. A trial was held for the murderer, and he received NO PUNISHMENT. The woman acts, as the many times she stood idle and heeded her council’s power and respected such, NOTHING was done; and so, she attempts to take one life in exchange for the two. Those around turn against the woman and BRUTALIZE her beyond recognition. They brutalize her until her face is black and blue, swollen ‘til her eyes could not blink nor open. They brutalize, and let the murderer roam free. As the mob attacks the woman, her children in that Kingdom stand idle – even her eldest boy, her cherished son, her HEIR the one that is meant to take his father’s mantle and PROTECT his mother, along with those in his Principality. They do not even take the barely-conscious woman to a clinic to ensure she is not harmed more than they intended (despite their intentions being truly GRIEVOUS and GRIM).

To the Margrave of Stassion, the PRINCE OF NOTHING; to the blasphemous “MADAME THORN”; and the ONLOOKERS that stood by and let the honorable Aleksandra Milena, my mother, be DISFIGURED and MAIMED. . .

I WATCH, AND I WAIT, AND I VY FOR JUSTICE. JUST AS MY MOTHER DID.

HER LADYSHIP, Antigone Renata Petra Calliope Margarethe von Alstreim

[!] ATTACHED TO THE MISSIVE IS ONE FAMILIAR IN BOTH ITS FERVOR & PASSION AND ITS STYLE; AND ANOTHER, LESS ELOQUENT, BUT EQUALLY AS DRAMATIC.

Spoiler

The famous, illustrious and temporarily one-armed merchant Boon, took the offered missive directly from Antigone herself back home for his brother to read aloud for him; scuttling back to Whitespire from the streets of Haense with loud huffs and puffs. "Y-Ye need tae read this one out tae me, Bane. This poor, poor lass..." He'd call; paying no mind to that of the doors he haphazardly slammed into in order to get the writings into the hands of his much more literate brother. 

"It's all terrible. It's all just so wrong..."
The usual jolly demanour of the man robbed of him nights prior; for the first time in his life he resonated with such writings of grief, anger, and heartache. A seed planted within him. One that started to make him question the world around him.
"Why?"
"How?"