The forgotten page

Gemini

4c80d4b0f18a25c51326e70382196e05.jpg?ex=

[!] A woman writing a diary, garden surrounding

An ordinary evening unfolded, the sun dipping below the horizon as I returned from my wanderings. The air held a stillness that embraced my tired soul. Amidst this quietude, a realization struck me – it had been too long since I last shared a moment with dear friends. Seeking for a connection, I sifted through my mail, anticipating the familiar, only to find the mundane trio of spam, advertisements, and unsettling death threats.

Yet, within this sea of monotony, a peculiar message emerged: "Those who brave the swamp may find salvation amongst its wetland." There was no mistaking the author – it had his signature all over it. Intrigued, It was the time for an adventure.

-

The forest welcomed me, but not in the usual way. It felt as if the very air had thickened, a duality of cruelty and malice lingering. Memories resurfaced, harkening back to Almaris by the inferi stronghold in the desert, where a laboratory held a sinister gas that transformed all it touched into beasts. 

The red lighting, reminiscent of a world we once explored evoked caution. Unlike our previous encounter, my magic worked here, yet the red rain semed hauntingly familiar. A silent warning echoed in my mind – beware of that place.

-

Undeterred, the swamps beckoned, an unusual choice for someone who rarely ventured into such peculiar realms. A conversation certainly overdue, a necessity that transcended the ordinary. It was comforting to reunite, even if his response "Vor" sent a shiver down my spine as I explained to him the plane I once visited. 

I hope that the fruit I brought with me would bridge the gap to that ominous world, for without my magic, I am defenceless, and revisiting that realm is a prospect I dread.

A silent caution whispered – avoid the castle and the forest, where the red lighting holds the power to kill, just as it once claimed me and those poor souls I was unable to protect.

-

To my surprise, he lingered longer than expected, breaking the habitual pattern of transient connections. Was it caution or trauma, I wondered, as he accompanied me to obtain the fruit from the realm before. A pact unfolded, and in return, I found myself willingly sacrificing for a power whispered to surpass even that of Gods.

"I vow not to pursue this insatiable hunger for power at the expense of a cherished life" I declared, my words falling on deaf ears.

"It is not my choice to make. Fate has bound our paths to cross" he repsonded, sealing my fate with an inevitability beyond my control.

Nausicaa.jpg?ex=65f31245&is=65e09d45&hm=

[!] A drawing of the world described below

What transpired exceeded the boundaries of imagination – a realm shrouded in pestilence, creatures fashioned from rotten flesh, trees dripping with coagulated blood, and a landscape teeming with spores of pus. This wasn't a mere vision; it felt as if we were physically present, not just in mind but in body. A simple jar of that disease-laden air transported to Aevos would spell catastrophe.

He spoke the truth; this power surpassed that of Gods themselves.

On 2/29/2024 at 10:41 AM, Gemini said:

A simple jar of that disease-laden air transported to Aevos would spell catastrophe.

THE ROT THE ROT THE ROT