Charity || Paladin Trials

MayRndz

[!] A neatly wrapped and stamped letter found its way to Amelia @Safryie
cjnCWSc.png

“I wish for you to close your eyes - imagine a world where empathy and humanity is set to a standard above all else, where every heart beats with compassion, and no one is left behind. Charity thrives as a beacon of hope, illuminating the darkest corners with rays of light and warmth - just as we do each passing day.

It is more than just giving material possessions; it's about extending a hand to lift others up when they stumble, offering a shoulder to lean on when the burden becomes too heavy to bear alone. The embodiment of empathy, and helping one another along the road; Things that I have learned both alone and from my time with the lot of you. I myself find that there is not enough of that within the world we find - what we seek. It is why then friendships we make, the alliances that bind us run so thin. In the past so much trust has been forsaken that charity is not a capstone - but a skepticism on what the other party seeks.

As we spoke, I learned about some of our past struggles - the loss of members of the order, the unraveling of relationships among nations and allies, the despair that comes with feeling invisible in a world that often turns a blind eye to those in need. As you said charity is not about the grand gestures or the size of the donation; it's about seeing the humanity in others and responding with compassion.

When you told me what you sought, I went out into the world to various places, offering a warm meal to all who sought it and a listening ear, but what was given to me in return was far more valuable - a lesson in humanity. I got to hear of many people and many stories - and though I have traveled all my life it is not everyday I had thought to pause and get to know the world around me. To make connections - truly protect what is there already. As I said before I left I saw the potential to sow seeds of hope and healing among the conflict already there.

While I did not get to the high prince whilst intended during my visit to celianor- I did get a chance to speak to a few. To open the door to the idea of them once again having us on mutual grounds. I infact am not dead - the idea did not just pass over like a distant cloud it seemed.”

- Yours Truly, Val

[!]

Alongside the letter, some leftovers were left on the desk for Amelia

“Ps. Had some food left over so thought you might enjoy”

b21fe530ab09a8eb99e297c94e67198e.png

cjnCWSc.png

The young Warden would sit within her room as she read the note, a kettle on the stove and the smell of leftovers filling the air.

As she reads a prideful smile would cross her face. "Another trial, passed with grace." She thinks on her current students, and those she had raised in the past as she eats the remaining feast before her.