cappor

Discord:

cappor

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Inappropriate Language and Toxicity During Raid

What circumstances led to this ban?

I’ll keep this relatively short because having been over 7 months ago, I don’t remember very much.

The incident occurred in a raid against Balian when I and a party of Ferrymen ended up in a CRP altercation. While the defenders wanted to continue with CRP, we fought to call PvP, and eventually roleplay was paused to wait for mod ruling. In sheer frustration and lack of good judgment, I began to act out of line and became unnecessarily hostile to the defending side. While I don’t remember exactly what was said, I can recall attacking people personally and harshly, and acting outright vulgarly. Even after having been asked to stop by fellow Ferrymen, I continued, and after the raid was canceled in light of my actions, I was rightfully banned.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

Firstly, I apologize for acting and escalating a situation the way I did. I also apologize to those people who I directly attacked. It was absolutely uncalled for, and it was selfish of me to do so.

No, I agree with my ban in its entirety. I believe in that moment I presented myself as a person unfit for the server, and the decision to ban me was absolutely warranted. I understand that LoTC for many is an escape from real life, and when I act in such a way for the sake of some selfish laughs, the server loses its comforting essence.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I’ve been on the server for over five years now, and over that time I've made several friends with whom I'd like to return and play with again.While at times I've obviously shown bad character, LoTC has been a source of happiness for me over the years, and I really do wish to continue that. At the end of the day, 7 months isn’t a very long time, but I hope you can understand that I truly have reflected on my actions and am a better – and more mature – person. This ban has helped me realize the environment I should strive to make LoTC.

Attach other relevant information.

N/A

Your appeal is under review. Expect a response after the team concludes its discussion.

Accepted