THE EDICT OF LAHY

Demavend

VE EDYKT I LAHY

THE EDICT OF LAHY

qsZ1z53_1hLarb8TE0g522jW-ignIPCzhDicHLueoRd25j4SQ25LUTjYqCZmzh_a1oHL8umW_ov79XW57v_sluBuaLNy65VPh9RaITNTD-nhgWv_9-Yc5RVeaXV5llVSAhTMUgb-oPTAQk6LPAGEdt4 

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

Issued by the

LORD PALATINE

On this 10th day of Wzuvar ag Byvca of 525 E.S.

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG ELDERVIK,

THE ROYAL DUMA STANDS AT THE HEART OF HAESENI GOVERNANCE. It is the pillar by which both noble peers and common streltsy are rightly and justly empowered. In times long past, the Royal Duma has sat kings upon the dual-throne, set course both for war and peace alike, and put the realm to rights when it has faltered. No more shall it sit in slow decline, confined to the whims of languid lords and absent aldermen. It is my hope that The Royal Duma shall, through such following reforms, return to the forefront of Highland politick, for as many laboured efforts as it might require.

Jura i Kongzem, Chapter IX of the Haurul Caezk shall now read:

JURA I KONGZEM 

LAW OF THE KINGDOM

Ch. IX. “The Royal Duma” (Ve Royal Duma)

IX.I. The Royal Duma shall sit as representatives of the Haeseni people by the grace of the Crown to advise on matters of law and action, and the Speaker shall oversee the assembly to ensure its sittings are peaceful and productive.

IX.II. The Speaker shall be recommended to the Crown through a vote in the Royal Duma, of which those eligible for recommendation are:

i. Every Haeseni Lord of landed title,

ii. The Royal Aldermen.

IX.III. The Royal Duma shall consist of two assemblies:

i. The Upper Assembly.

ii. The Lower Assembly, whose number shall not exceed half the seats of the Upper Assembly.

IX.IV. Upon the Royal Duma shall sit:

i. Every Haeseni Lord of landed title or their appointed representative, of which shall be a member of their family, who shall sit upon the Upper Assembly.

ii. The Royal Aldermen, who shall sit upon the Lower Assembly.

iii. The Grand Maer, who shall sit upon the Lower Assembly.

iv. The Palatine, only as an arbitrator if a vote is tied.

IX.V. The Grand Maer shall be elected to the Royal Duma through public elections held every six years, in which any Haeseni adult may run. The Maer shall be responsible for, and entitled to:

i. Collect tax on behalf of the Treasurer.

ii. Manage the Royal Capital’s tavern, or employ someone to do so.

iii. Maintain the appearance of the Crownlands and Capital, and aid the Crown with improvements to infrastructure.

iv. Hold festivities within the Crownlands and Capital, and liaise with the Royal Court.

v. Publish Writs of Banishment and direct soldiers of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl if their commands are not contrary to that of the Officers, the Aulic Council, or the Crown.

vi. Reside within the Maer’s Chamber of the Royal Duma Hall for the duration of their term.

IX.VI. The Royal Aldermen shall be nominated to the Royal Duma by way of Royal Decree or majority vote in the Duma, and may remain in office until their forfeiture or removal, in which any Haeseni adult may run if they do not currently sit upon the Duma.

IX.VII. On the first sitting of every session following an election cycle, there shall be elected from among the members of the Royal Duma:

i. The Lord Handler, who shall aid in all apparent duties of the Speaker, stands responsible for marking attendance and voting tallies, and assumes the role as overseer of the Royal Duma in absence of the Speaker.

ii. By Crown decree in time of need; the Lord Auditor, who shall upon their own volition seek to root out idleness and corruption amongst such high office as the Aulic Government and Noble Peerage.

IX.VIII. As representatives of all Haeseni people, the Royal Duma shall:

i. Petition the Crown to sign bills passed by three-fourths majority vote into law,

ii. Advise the Crown by three-fourths majority vote,

iii. Introduce or remove members of the Lower Assembly by three-fourths majority vote,

iv. Establish and mandate both civil and martial infrastructural works,

v. Create organised political institutions within the Royal Duma,

vi. Receive petitions from the citizenry,

vii. Mandate national holidays,

viii. Elect Haeseni citizens to the Royal Orders of Merit.

ix. Summon and investigate members of the Aulic Government and Noble Peerage,

x. Ensure the regulation of law and domestic policies of the Royal State,

xi. Ratify international treaties.

IX.IX. The Royal Duma shall sit once called by the Speaker, and those who neglect to attend regularly shall have their privilege suspended by the Crown. 

IX.X. A sitting of the Royal Duma that lacks at least half of its members and the Black Bulava shall be unlawful.

GODANI JEST WIELKI,

HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, Ivan VIII, by the Grace of Godan, King of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Hochmeister of the Order of the Crow, Prince of Bihar, Dules, Lahy, Muldav, Slesvik, Solvesborg, and Ulgaard, Duke of Carnatia, and Vanaheim, Margrave of Korstadt, Rothswald, and Vasiland, Count of Alban, Alimar, Baranya, Graiswald, Karikhov, Karovia, Kaunas, Kavat, Kovachgrad, Markev, Nenzing, Siegrad, Torun, Toruv, Valdev, and Werdenburg, Viscount of Varna, Baron of Astfield, Buck, Esenstadt, Kraken’s Watch, Kralta, Krepost, Lorentz, and Rytsburg, Lord of the Westfolk, Protector and Lord of the Highlanders, etcetera.

HER ROYAL MAJESTY, Nataliya of Ghaestenwald, Queen-Consort of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Hochmeister of the Order of the Crow, Princess-Consort of Bihar, Dules, Lahy, Muldav, Solvesborg, Slesvik and Ulgaard, Duchess-Consort of Carnatia and Vanaheim, Margravine-Consort of Korstadt, Rothswald, and Vasiland, Countess-Consort of Alban, Alimar, Baranya, Graiswald, Karikhov, Karovia, Kaunas, Kavat, Kovachgrad, Kvasz, Markev, Nenzing, Torun, Toruv, Valdev, and Werdenburg, Viscountess-Consort of Varna, Baroness-Consort of Esenstadt, Kraken’s Watch, Kralta, Krepost, Lorentz, Rytsburg, and Astfield, Lady of the Westfolk, Protector and Lady of the Highlanders, etcetera.

His Excellency, Ivo Radovanic, Lord Palatine of Hanseti-Ruska

wfMDdoTjsHfT9LYx7MJqPGjp_g9fAzsSLzXmc4b9RcrAuc5qljfqh7RVmOzh7SL3lfkxyCckqHqi8Wm2qVZdAH5mPQbS2ixv4M8vcxkeXZiVW7jc3XPoiRjMuewYOYrJL15ncv-oUJzEo0Zmm-kX5T8

Edited by Demavend

Ioanna Kortrevich grins with excitement, her hopes for the city renewed with this royal edict. The Rhenyari would send off word to that skilled painter she had tasked with creating suitable campaign portraits, for that promised reinstatement and election of a Grand Maer. "It seems the time draws near, affendi. Basho!"