A DEVIL-KNIGHT'S CODE

ellielove15

A Devil-Knight’s Code

mA_Jw_O2J2vt5wv9qI1J93-E2k0otbZlAwRGN00g_2zAjitwvsV92W9jcpEa7CLPb1LqLZUlZEKbNExRb3UoZ_YLaPpCQhcg-8_KxxhU3_-8o26cei36ZU8iawOLOxYVBGpNk4C_AMyHRa7DrUsluBk

As I assume the role of Dame of Acalonn within the Port-County of Dúnkeld, I seek to prove that Acalonnan (Cursed Children/Kin) like myself are more than capable of not only serving well enough, but serving above and beyond. With this, I bind myself now and forevermore to this code before my charge and before the rest of Aevos. 

It is directly inspired by the Numendain martial code first forged by Uther Pendraic, only with more situational adjustments both as an Acalonn (Cursed Child/Kin) and as someone not of the Canonist faith.

I invite any and all kin of the same struggle to take similar vows so that we may fight against the darkness that seeks to prey upon our bodies, minds and souls. We may be damned, but we are not beyond redemption. 

I. One will act as defender of the innocent, the weak, the defenseless, AND the unduly oppressed.

II. One will abstain from acts of needless cruelty towards their fellow descendants. 

III. One will act with courageous fervor against the enemy, for often they will give you no mercy. 

IV. One will enact TOTAL war against the forces of Iblees and his hand Azdromoth, for the Deceiver is the cause of the blight upon our souls and bodies.

V. One will honor their fellow Knights and kin of arms, and act with virtue so as to not stain their reputation by association.

VI. One will always speak and act with honesty, even if it means your death.

VII. One will never refuse a challenge from an equal, and always respect the rite of single combat.

VIII. One will be generous to the poor, disabled, dispossessed, and those in need.

IX. One should be inclined to give redemption to those that slip into the depths of darkness, should it be possible to be fully separated.

AawcITm__1oW-Ut06mBeWqrHqZu57ZM5zwu4tMksX57NaQDrGsMt_-bxqafypUnefC6lBUFopD_0GXj9jp1P0UKRDzSsuVKNAVq9JCr8JVlzR1KL6MpCEwgOH8qH73OyFi5t5_KB4-LhBlQvFkjA650

Dame of Acalonn

34 minutes ago, ellielove15 said:

It is directly inspired by the Numendain martial code first forged by Uther Pendraic, only with more situational adjustments both as an Acalonn (Cursed Child/Kin) and as someone not of the Canonist faith.

While recognizing and appreciating the sentiment, Uther Pendraic, also called Númenatar 'the Redeemer' Arthalion, High-Chief of the Númenedain, was deeply offended. Faith, as he recognized it, was one of the pillars of chivalry, and Knighthood without Faith, to him, was parody. To say nothing of the fact that Knighthood was earned. The Lorraine was signed as he tempered his initial anger and reminded himself that- Although Leoni seemed only to understand half the sentiment from their meeting, she almost certainly meant no offense.

"Bloody Hell." He complained loudly, pinching his worn brow.

9 minutes ago, SimplySeo said:

While recognizing and appreciating the sentiment, Uther Pendraic, also called Númenatar 'the Redeemer' Arthalion, High-Chief of the Númenedain, was deeply offended. Faith, as he recognized it, was one of the pillars of chivalry, and Knighthood without Faith, to him, was parody. To say nothing of the fact that Knighthood was earned. The Lorraine was signed as he tempered his initial anger and reminded himself that- Although Leoni seemed only to understand half the sentiment from their meeting, she almost certainly meant no offense.

"Bloody Hell." He complained loudly, pinching his worn brow.

Spoiler

Uther absolutely seething rn. Kinda feel bad. But at the same time, Leoni is not her mom.