Just A Request~

Aryon

I founded the Crimson Blades because all of the "nice" guilds have no achievable goals and are usually a bunch of snobby brats, they gain nothing if they do something and they rarely do anything. There were no Brotherhood Guilds that weren't completey evil so I made a mesh of alll the things that are good ideas, and made them acctuall work together. We help who we think is right, that doesn't always mean that they are the weak or poor. Anyway if you are thinking of creating a new Guild, don't, I read through and all of the areas of Guilds are covered and if you have money for a plot or a VIP so you can make your own Guild then just join one and you will be respected by it.

Reminds me of all the knightly orders which I have seen being established (4-6) who wish to be chevilous and knightly, how weak.

Now there are only few organisations which have established proper knightly orders *chough *chough.

I know. honestly if something says "Knight" then I ignore it, knights and noble orders are probably the least neded thing in Asulon, we need members for established guilds, remember people that own guilds like me started from rock bottom.

If you do make a guild then you will know when it is good when you keep getting new members and suddenly everything becomes very time consuming. If you get to that stage then you will go through an extremely taxing phase when everyone wants your help and you need to write more lore but everyone neds you, people get jealous and you have plots against you and your guild may end up not exactly how you wanted.

People are always going to immaturely go after power, and the easiest way to do this is create a guild themselves. Whether they get one or one hundred members, it doesn't matter, because they lead SOMETHING, and that makes them feel good.

I agree with the comments stated earlier, there are too many guilds that are virtually the same besides the names of ranks. Also, knighthood was something set up through kingdoms and granted by kings and councils ingame. Around the time of the undead Many guilds were just anti-undead. Thinking logically a major group of around 50-60 people created/joined the FOA and were very successful. What happened to joining under one name for a cause? The repetitive guilds has been an issue for a very long time but now it is much more apparent.

Now back to the subject of knight groups. It just is a bit odd that a group would give themselves the title of knight considering most didn't earn it. Having the mindset of a knight is one thing, but taking the title is another. As a knight, knighted by the King, Council, and Kingdom of Alras with a knighting ceremony, it is a bit off putting when a random guy suddenly has a title that wasn't earned. Knights are granted the title with reason, they have a code of honor and duty. It shouldnt merely be something thrown around. It would be the same as me saying I am a noble or King. Those titles are granted. Having it as the name of a group is fair enough I suppose but taking on the title for oneself is annoying.

If a person wants power over a group ICly, and has followers, he has every right to create a guild.

As I've said in a different topic. Forcing RP never makes it better.

I mean. think about it RPly. Why would every single knight or warrior work with every other one? Why would every assassin work for the DB? Guilds are, and should be, almost entirely player-run. To bring OOC matters into would ruin the RP behind it.

This. Anyone with enough followers should be able to create their own guild. If you're unhappy with the amount of guilds out there, why don't you do something about it in-game? Start some conflicts, mastermind a merger, I don't know... The possibilities are endless. OOC involvement in something that's almost completely player run, such as the guilds, will only harm RP.

And the post above me mentions something about a lot of these guilds being full of fake knights... If that is the case (which it is, by the way; knighthood is not something meaningless, but a title bearing rights and responsibilities that was given out by High Nobility and Royalty in recompense for acts of true courage, audacity or chivalry), why are all the governments standing about idly? Surely a campaign to purge Asulon of these fake orders would create some enjoyable RP for everyone involved?

The point is, if you're unhappy with something that's going on RP-ly, then do something about it in RP. Imposing an arbitrary limit of 10 guilds is not the solution: RP-wise, what reason can you come up with for justifying that someone can't create his own group of warriors for good, just because there's already one or two already in the game?

I agree on some points,though not all.You say only 1 guild of each type,but ain't it more fun when there are rival guilds(although currently no such guild exists.Like there are 2 merchant guilds,maybe one of them hires assassins to sabotage the other guilds operations,kill their traders.That would make for some fun RP.Also I forgot to mention that there are aprox. 10 or more "Champions of pure heart who wish to vanquish all evil in Asulon".Yuck.Disgusting.

I agree with the comments stated earlier, there are too many guilds that are virtually the same besides the names of ranks. Also, knighthood was something set up through kingdoms and granted by kings and councils ingame. Around the time of the undead Many guilds were just anti-undead. Thinking logically a major group of around 50-60 people created/joined the FOA and were very successful. What happened to joining under one name for a cause? The repetitive guilds has been an issue for a very long time but now it is much more apparent.

Now back to the subject of knight groups. It just is a bit odd that a group would give themselves the title of knight considering most didn't earn it. Having the mindset of a knight is one thing, but taking the title is another. As a knight, knighted by the King, Council, and Kingdom of Alras with a knighting ceremony, it is a bit off putting when a random guy suddenly has a title that wasn't earned. Knights are granted the title with reason, they have a code of honor and duty. It shouldnt merely be something thrown around. It would be the same as me saying I am a noble or King. Those titles are granted. Having it as the name of a group is fair enough I suppose but taking on the title for oneself is annoying.

People have the right to call themselves what they want, though, even if I do agree with you. There are absolutely zero valiant and chivalrous knights that my own character, who has been trained as a knight in Chivarly and Valiance since being able think, has met. Most the knights, self proclaimed or otherwise, directly contradict the duties and beliefs of knighthood, including political involvement and permission of harm to the innocent with not attempt at aiding them.

My character, Lorethos, is the only Knight, at least in heart, that I know. He puts himself last if someone innocent is in danger, and those whom attack him he offers mercy if they promise to seek redemption. Those are things a "Knight" does. I'll get to work on that guide to Knighthood soon.

People have the right to call themselves what they want, though, even if I do agree with you. There are absolutely zero valiant and chivalrous knights that my own character, who has been trained as a knight in Chivarly and Valiance since being able think, has met. Most the knights, self proclaimed or otherwise, directly contradict the duties and beliefs of knighthood, including political involvement and permission of harm to the innocent with not attempt at aiding them.

My character, Lorethos, is the only Knight, at least in heart, that I know. He puts himself last if someone innocent is in danger, and those whom attack him he offers mercy if they promise to seek redemption. Those are things a "Knight" does. I'll get to work on that guide to Knighthood soon.

To be absolutely truthful, you joined only a few months ago. There had been many knights sworn in by Kingdoms, but most are dead along with alot of the people who were nobles for a reason. Today there isnt many who actually were sworn in because few people legitametly rp it. I literally had to rewrite the old knights code that was used ingame because in all seriousness it was dead. This is what things used to be like.

We were also typing ingame, this is what the server was like.

I dont mean to be rude, but again you only joined a few months ago, things changed over that time. If you were looking when you first joined you would have found knights but after over 100 years in game, people had to die.

To be absolutely truthful, you joined only a few months ago. There had been many knights sworn in by Kingdoms, but most are dead along with alot of the people who were nobles for a reason. Today there isnt many who actually were sworn in because few people legitametly rp it. I literally had to rewrite the old knights code that was used ingame because in all seriousness it was dead. This is what things used to be like.

We were also typing ingame, this is what the server was like.

I dont mean to be rude, but again you only joined a few months ago, things changed over that time. If you were looking when you first joined you would have found knights but after over 100 years in game, people had to die.

My point stands regardless of how long I have been on the server or what it used to be like, because it is regarding the current status of the server. Not "a few months ago."

Moved to Inactive Guilds, considering both age and uselessness.