Orcish Character Creation and Characerization

Panashea

"I Want to Play an Orc."

1Kj9RpMo__4sQTvmZDzPa9E_oq0Cl0wPG4qXHqueHsiOV2BhHdAy7CoSU_ef9v6jAlvAXJUjiUx2sPS-Ec1PDaQR4QaPwCREY2X5oCqm09eqiUwwYdPRe5-bjWsvHWxQOudKlZaCN

Playing an orc may appear to be daunting and difficult task, worse still, due to the scattered timezones of the playerbase, there are few and little times, in which the entire playerbase, or a handful of orcs will be on. New Orc players either see this as an opportunity to raid/kidnap/sacrifice, despite the toxic effect this has on the player, the orcish playerbase, and the community. Though I will discuss the two topics in another post,the point is that new orcs, or even orcs in general should not constantly seek out the need to kill or enslave other races.

Then what is there to do? As a non-orc player, or new player, there is probably little on the wiki to give information, and most are too apathetic to sift through forum posts, and for your sake and my own, I will detail the wondrous experience that is playing an orc.

Many would assume that the orcs of LOTC are identical to their LOTR or WoW counterparts, limiting their roleplay to murder and spirit worship. However, this is further from the truth. An orc is not limited to professions or actions, nor barred from any goals.

All descendant races hold different perspectives on how they should act, and work in this world, both based on their history, and on character. For some reason, the majority of the playerbase(including some orcs) seems to ignore this factor and either play the warrior or spirit worshiping shaman.

Every orc must have character beyond that. It sounds quite simple, but to create an orc character, one's orc must have character. History,goals, and skills flesh out a character,but rather than information on a character sheet, or professions to grind, how do these quirks affect the actions and thoughts of your orc?

Say an air spirit destroys your home, and kills a few of your clansmen. How would your character view the spirits after witnessing them ruin their life? How would they feel towards the elementalists who converse with these spirits and did nothing to stop the disaster? How would they view the spirit of earth, a rival to the spirit of air? What would they do to prevent such a disaster again?

Say you have made an orc of the Lak Clan, an obsessed blacksmith who worships Gentharuz, spirit of smithing,and Jevex, spirit of hard work. What would your orc do in offering to these spirits(not just pinki sacrifices)? How would your orc view the Raguk clan, made of the most dedicated blacksmiths, though holds disdain for the Laks? How would they view Gazigash, a spirit dedicated to crafting bloodsteel, an honor to any orc, more importantly blacksmiths?

As you can see, there are even more options to how a character is shaped by their world, and what possibilities there are for an orc, rather than lame excuses for taking pixels from elves.

However, there are two subspecies of orc; goblin and olog. A goblin is simply a smarter orc, and as such the tips above can be utilized, however the dimwittedness of an olog changes the characterization.

An olog still can have views and goals, though their minds are eternally childlike and simple. Take this into account when playing such a behemoth.  

I hope this elucidates more information on orcish characterization, and although I focused on the spirits too much, any aspect of orc culture can be expanded and shaped in the same way.

Good luck on making new orcish characters!