THE HULPHONITES: VOL III

herculean_wud

THE HULPHONITES: VOL. III

Scribed by Langejörge Sommergarten

5adfa577ea7987da26ed880192b5b545.png

ሹ ለѦማይ ወፎችና ለምድር ѦገንተኞѦም ወዮላቸው”

“Woe to ye mortal man; be afeard o’ mine own conflagration! Trowest ye corse to me and no longer be afeard; expel th’ill-divines o’ Djall from thine form!”

-t. Ya’zrael | HEYLIKBUHK, P1:E3

EXEMPLISM: PARABLES OF THE HEYLIKBUHK

INTRODUCTION

The Hulphonites, the followers of Hulphon, pursue an incongruous precept of garbled parables and exemplums that are said to originate from a goatman deity who possesses some semblance to Satyr, if he does so exist. Spoken to Eleyim then, and preached now, in an aged form of common, the exemplums give an ominous impression on the onlooker, and are a marvel to both listen to and see.

2a950e4385d0704a1e3965f5054a84f7.png

THE PAEANS AND EXEMPLUMS TO MAN: YA’ZRAEL AND ELEYIM

༒

Ѻ PAEANEERST | EXEMPLUM 1

Eleyim Geldmeister, the first of his name, fell under the consuming, magmatic heat of fever, and it burnt his form, through to the very core. He slumbered, constrained in a trance of comatose- form limp and pale. To an uninformed eye, he appeared dead. But he dreamed. He was locked within a world of dream, vibrant and meaningless. That was until the sixth day. For on the sixth day a procession of an otherworldly origin visited him in his dreams, doused in a ray of flicking light- flicking and flitting conflagrations that though first met him with malice, seemed entrancing and holy. In a booming tone, swathed in a whispering rasp he spoke words in an unintelligible, garbled variant of common. Eleyim found himself both unable and able to understand the archaic dialect. It was phenomena he could not explain even to his very last days.

lYbt0s10Hf2_IsN9qJJu57YVCxpgny3SLTf3siM-TahLe7iZjhMM16_rWQXlhNqZQSmTgIRYNQpV_yu_uOlRNFuH58J3TcQ7SMiV75ES965WiB9-gLhcWx6M7d2dlXw4cdbXZEoT

The air burnt hot like embers, as a floating figure, swathed in a blanket of red, licking flame approached. Teeth barred, maw unlatched, he sung! An orchestra of whispers expelled from the blackness calling my name, all congealed into on foul mass of ear-scratching noise: Hear ye mortal man! Thou hast entrenched thyself into mine unexampled realm, what doth bring ye here, interloper?

lYbt0s10Hf2_IsN9qJJu57YVCxpgny3SLTf3siM-TahLe7iZjhMM16_rWQXlhNqZQSmTgIRYNQpV_yu_uOlRNFuH58J3TcQ7SMiV75ES965WiB9-gLhcWx6M7d2dlXw4cdbXZEoT

Eleyim retained silence, eyes poised upon the being, locked in fear. But just like that, with no further word, he was cast back into dreams, colourful and meaningless…

Ѻ PAEANEERST | EXEMPLUM 2

Almost as quickly as he was returned to dream, he was grasped and drawn into the realm of Ya’zrael once again.

He awoke. Darkness greeted him. But a certain glower drew him near- a glow that he could only assume was the flickering, pulsating glow that came tethered to flame. Upon approaching the light he found himself correct: a solitary stake, of a blackened and charred wood, stood within the centre of a solitary bonfire, fully aflame and licking at a sandy character…

I found myself again within the realm of Him, Yazrael, he who stood sentinel to a man of wicker, tied to a stake of charred wood: Aye, interloper, th’carl ye behold is one of trespass and perfidy. Bide faithfully and ye will not retain his fate.

Eleyim open his mouth to speak a word of affirmation… but had trouble mustering the ability to do so. Ya’zrael laughed a hoarse and grating laugh at his failed attempt, before returning him to his prior realm of sleep and dreams.

Ѻ PAEANEERST | EXEMPLUM 3

Eleyim awoke following the aforementioned apparation. Still being very pious, the first thing he did was pray to The Exalted, and the Creator, thanking them for allowing him to live. He spent the rest of the day celebrating, drinking, revelling in his good-health!

When the day grew dark he resigned to his bedroll. Exhausted from his day of wassailing it took little effort for him to be consumed by the veil of slumber… but it also took little time for him to return to the realm of Ya’zrael…

The ambience of Ya’zrael’s realm was different than before. It no longer bore the warm, pleasant glow of a hearth. No, instead it ROARED and SEARED...

Ye dare defy mine puissance? Woe to ye mortal man; be afeard o’ mine own conflagration! Trowest ye corse to me and no longer be afeard; expel th’ill-divines o’ Djall from thine form!

Eleyim affirmed Ya’zraels demand with a low, monotonous “Yes.” From that day forth he began preaching of Ya’zraels presence.

THE PAEANS AND EXEMPLUMS TO MAN: ELEYIM AND FALK.

[The rest of the Volume is left empty- to be filled in at a later date.]

GLOSSARY

Ѻ HEYLIKBUHK

THE BOOK CONTAINING THE EXEMPLUMS AND PAEANS THE HULPHONITES FOLLOW.

Ѻ PAEAN

A CHAPTER WITHIN THE HEYLIKBUHK

Ѻ EXEMPLUM

A MINOR STORY OF PARABLE WITHIN HEYLIKBUHK

Ѻ YA’ZRAEL

THE DEITY PIOUSLY FOLLOWED BY THE HULPHONITES. TYPICALLY PRESENTED AS A GOATMAN OR A WINGED GOATMAN, WHO BEARS AN UNCANNY SEMBLANCE TO IBLEES.

Ѻ DJALL

AN EVIL SPIRIT, OR SPIRITS. THOUGHT TO REFERENCE THE CREATOR OR THE EXALTED.  

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

ty6n_X6VxEcrN-ext35-pPmceummE32Vu4tq0mJy7-CdXBhDlfco46vKY9NBeu7f6QGP74Wkj6pe0ZbXVHZei7SbJLL_zyQ0NfA6U-MDmTbNoQEG-0r2JiauvHR8JV4V6UQ4Yf8y

Langejörge Sommergarten is a Scholar and Brother of the Church, who possesses a great interest in secluded and isolated cultures, and their respective doctrines. Being a well respected and respective man, he makes every attempt to document these beliefs before converting the believers to the True Faith.

1 rep has been added to your good goyim bank account