Sign in to follow this  
JoelTheGinger

The Aspirant's Report 1708

The Aspirant’s Report

From the Office of the Lady Palatine-Aspirant of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska

Written by Princess Anastasya Barbanov

4th of Sun’s Smile

Va Birodeo Herzenav e Edlervik,

Following in the stride of our Lord Palatine, Duke Konstantin var Ruthern, I desire to share with the kingdom my current desires and goals as Palatine-Aspirant of the Realm.

Before I begin, I would like to thank any and all who have shown House Barbanov such respect and given us strength in the time since the passing of both King Robert and Queen Elizaveta. Without the outpouring of love expressed for the truly-great monarch my father was, I feel his passing would have been made much harder to bear.

With that being said, I have no desire to allow his works to not continue to flourish, therefore I pick up where my father left off in support of my brother, King Marius II. My first of many projects, a long and detailed process, will be a restructuring of the royal court and function of the nobility. For too long has this not properly been paid attention to, my desire being to aid in bringing about a smoother system to the Royal Family. This will include the creation and running of several households, therein boosting employment opportunities for citizens, and also keeping proper records of each noble house that can be used for various situations.

My second point of interest is an increased focus on diplomacy and relations with fellow vassals of the Imperium. I hope to begin a personal office in which envoys and diplomats will be trained, employed, and then deployed across the reaches of Arcas, making contact with those whom we consider friends and allies, as well as those we desire to learn more about. These diplomats would also be tasked with mapping and charting unexplored territories, recording their findings for the better knowledge of our kingdom’s scholars and historic minds.

My final goal is to promote the proper use of land, be it noble or of the farm variety. It was my father’s desire that each noble house be given a tract of land in which they will be tasked to provide a certain material or ware to the Kingdom’s store vaults. I intend to follow through on his wishes and ensure that such land is respected and used in the ways in which he would have wanted, working in tandem with the Lord Palatine to achieve this task.

It is my great honor to serve the good and godly people of Hanseti and Ruska, and I swear that I will do so with the fierceness and loyalty that burned within the heart of my late father.

May GOD bless His Imperial Majesty and the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska.

hmiFaRw8Kz21dOH7gjT-aKTlA98aozTFEHnWhrz8 

Signed,

Her Highness, Anastasya Ingrid Barbanov, Princess of Haense and Lady Palatine-Aspirant of the Realm

Aleksandra Sophia expresses her approval of the matured Princess via a series of idle nods. ”Da, she’ll do well.”