Sign in to follow this  
yopplwasupxxx

Society of Saint Everard

THE SOCIETY OF SAINT EVERARD

8T29ICtp-lxk6-bFMykLWILC9Ga5BGBOKwBLHH3YyqXuOJqdVz_ni2B1_VZXGIKyKCS-8kqBpub5AHKhW1w5-hL2HPcPpMONseqDOAADLWE3L7oGCo30af9ekLlHK4XYQlws3nZb

The Society of St Everard is a lay-fraternal order dedicated to the preservation, documentation, and education of human histories and cultures. Founded by the scholar-king Edward von Herendul in 1485, they were originally tasked in preventing the loss of history following the chaotic falls of the Chivay and Carrion regimes, where pogroms against rival faiths and peoples led to mass destruction. Book burnings, killings of learned men, and the destruction of ancient relics were commonplace, and even after, the conflicting ambitions of humanity have led to countless tragedies in the wanton chaos. The original society was founded by five members, listed below,

Founding Members

Edward von Herendul - 1485

Pavel de Monteforte - 1487

Otto Heinzreich - 1487

Lucius Tython - 1487

Fabian Virosi - 1487

The society takes it name from the ancient Saint Everard, a stalwart defender of the Church and protector of learning during the ludditic and decadent Sheffield monarchy. However, despite its name, the order is a collection of private lay individuals of different nations, bound to no particular crown or institution, but rather the preservation of unbiased knowledge and truth. Its members dedicate themselves to the numerous missions of the order, which include different sects of human culture or society in need of record.

The Society of St Everard maintains the following missions:

The Imperial Historical and Preservation Mission - The full documentation and record-taking of all empires beginning from Emperor Godfrey the Great to present-day, including legislation and battle orders. The society divides this mission further into groups specializing into the First Empire (Godfrey-William I), Second Empire (Sigismund), Third Empire (Peter I-Robert I), Fourth Empire (Boris I-Alexander I),  Fifth Empire (John I-Philip I), Sixth Empire (John V-John VI), and Seventh Empire (Aurelian I-present).

The Lineage of Human Nobility Mission – The full documentation and record-taking of the lineages and bloodlines of the human royalty, nobility, gentry and bourgeoisie, and their corresponding relation. This also including maintenance of armorials and roll of arms of nobility throughout the realm.

The Imperial-Renatian Mission - The recording and chronicling of the culture and history of the imperial heartlander peoples, including those living in and around the centers of imperial government and bureaucracy. This includes the historical borders of Renatus and surrounding areas.

The Haeseni Mission - The recording and chronicling of the culture and history of the Haeseni people, including those living within the historical borders of Hanseti and Ruska and centers of their royal control. This includes the northern hinterlands and northmarch.

The Ilato-Adrian and Auvergnian Mission -The recording and chronicling of the culture and history of the heartlander peoples of the traditional boundaries of Adria-Lorraine, as well as their trade cities and villages. This also includes the people of the Auvergnian valley and the Ilatians of the Baltas.

The Curonian Mission - The recording and chronicling of the culture and history of the peoples of the areas in and surrounding the traditional borders of Courland and its successor, Curon.

The Qali Mission - The recording and chronicling of the culture and history of the farfolk people, such as the Qalisheen and Turkin peoples, as well as additional related groups. Southrons and their tribes are also included in this mission.

The Gorund-Norlander Mission - The recording and chronicling of the culture and history of the pagan peoples of the Gorundyr and Norland, and their constituent tribes.

The Adunian Mission - The recording and chronicling of the culture and history of the half-elven descendants of Harren in the modern-day Harrenites, or Adunian peoples.

The Smallfolk (Halflings/Gnomes/Others) Mission - The recording and chronicling of the culture and history of the halflings, gnomes, hobbits, and other small humanfolk.

---

Those that wish to join the Society of St Everard and its mission to bring a light to the darkness of ignorance must first send a bird to the current First Brother of the Society (forum message to @yopplwasupxxx) with proof of credentials and adequacy in the knowledge of a field covered by one of the society’s missions. Requests for expansions for the society’s missions can also be made, given proper reason and argument for said creation.

Eagerly noting the goal, Timeo sends word Haense-way of his interest.

Reading over the note, Serilia would promptly begin writing a note addressed to the First Brother.

Daisy Applefoot wonders why these Human folks are concerned about recording Halfling history despite Halflings not being Humans.

Lerald sends a letter thanking the society for their ongoing work and offering financial support aswell as access to the Vyronov documentation.