Jekyll and Hyde

Slothtastic

Jekyll and Hyde

In the fabled Fae Realm a broken and fractured minded Satyr sits around a campfire. The sounds of the night all around him, along with the crackling fire. He argued to himself, his hands wrapped around his fur covered legs. He quietly rocked himself, back and forth.

“We didn’t mean to do it, we thought it was for the best…” He spoke in a softer tone, his eyes darting rapidly.

“No!” The Satyr’s tone changed rapidly, becoming harsh and brutal. “We know what we did, and we enjoyed every second of it! The blood, their guts in our hands!” The Thorn laughed maniacally. “No, no. It was bad, and we never should’ve done it. We’re sorry, we’re sorry!” He apologized frantically, as his tone changed back to the softer side. “NO! NO WE ARE NOT!” The Satyr shouted to no one, and the forest quieted. “BLOOD IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION!” Oliver jumped to his feet, “Blood is needed to be spilled! September will end the descendants, and bring their reign of terror to an end!” For a second, the man stood proudly. Shoulders squared, chest out. But it ended in an instant, his shoulder slumped and he began to twiddle his fingers nervously.

“No, no. September is gone, he is not coming back. They brought him to an end…”

“BAH! You are weak! You should NEVER have tried to cure yourself of me. Look at what has happened! You are a shell of your former self. Do you forget the days of me? The days of Ghorros?! When we would slaughter ANY that dared to oppose us?!”

“We killed so many… children too. That was not what anyone would have wanted…”

It was now, that the Satyr smiled with true madness, a smile to strike fear into the heart of any mortal man.

“Do you remember the taste of their flesh? Savory, sweet, and tender.” After this was spoken, Oliver’s eyes widened. “NO! No! I can’t hear you! I can’t hear you!” He covered his ears, collapsing back to the ground in a fetal state. “Not listening! Not listening!”

“YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM YOURSELF, COWARD!” He boomed suddenly. “Truly, you have forgotten the taste of raw flesh. The fresh blood that poured down our throat as we crunched their bones open and sucked out the marrow. Their screams, as they were slaughtered like lambs.”

“Not listening! Not listening! I didn’t kill anyone! I didn’t hurt anyone that didn’t try to hurt us first!” He cried fearfully.

“BAH! This is why your wives left you, why your children abandoned you! You are nothing.” He stood and seemingly walked off, before yelling out again.

“YOU ARE WHY WE ARE ALONE! YOU KILLED AND CONSUMED EVERYTHING! YOU ARE WHY THEY LEFT US! YOU ARE WHY!” After this, the Satyr fell silent. After a few moments, he collapsed to the ground in tears. “Why did they all have to leave us?” He asked through the sobs. And at that moment, the campfire went out. The crackling stopped, along with the noises of the night. All that could be heard was a sad, broken man sobbing to himself.

OOC:

This is a sort of epilogue to Oliver, and his character as Satyrs most likely will not be brought back. If I am to be honest here, I might just try to write a book about him and his adventures. He was truly a fun character, and I had put many hours into him. I know it’s a bit late to be reminiscing, but if anyone has any screenshots of RP with him or any Satyrs that y’all saved go ahead and share em in the comments. Or just discuss some memories y’all have in general.

Kasfer hums to himself, a realm away. He covers the bowl of his pipe with his palm whilst he lights it, to guard it from the wind, before leaning back and staring out at the full moon, pipe betwixt his lips.

A faceless man hovers in the void of the Kal’Varak. He had long since forgotten many things, but his patron and god were not one. 

He drifted, and slept. He hoped to wake one day. But that day never comes.