The Aegean Academy - application thread

Tegrof

The Aegean Academy

Learn the way of Aegis by professors and teachers on the Academy campus

This bulletin board will be the official place to apply for either professor or teacher positions, or for studentship.

See the main bulletin here.

Open jobs

Professors/teachers

We currently need one professor/teacher for each subject found on the main bulletin. Remember, when applying as a professor, we will need good teachers, that know their subject, that are good writers, organized etc. A good and well written application will greatly enhance your chance to get the job ((read: at least as good as your server application)). Right now, we will only have one spot open on each subject, but you can teach up to three subjects on the same time. All "applications" and requested jobs up until now is hereby nullified and you have to write an application to have a chance for a teacher spot.

Staff needed

• Headmaster
  • Scribe/Assistant
  • Interior designer

Professor/teacher/staff application ((copy/paste and use the code)):

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]((In-game name:))[/b]

[b]((IRL age)):[/b]

[b]Who are you?:[/b]

[b]Which job and subject/s are you applying for?:[/b]

[b]What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?:[/b]

[b]What are your thoughts on [i]The Aegean Academy[/i]?[/b]

[B]What can you help out with besides being a professor?:[/b]

Everything that is not an application or an answer to an application will be asked to be moderated.

IMPORTANT

The Academy will be coming back in full swing soon. Expected subjects will be:

World History: Events that shaped Aegis

Diplomacy: National History, Religeon, Cultures

Aegean Economy and Making Money

Laws and Wars: Criminal Law and Battle Tactics

Students please apply below.

If you are interested in being a professor or on the teaching staff please PM me with details of who you are in-game, what you are experienced in and what you would like to do.

what about our applications that we sent in before are they still considered?

Of course. If it is not too much trouble, you can repost it here, it would be appreciated. But we will look at earlier ones posted.

((You didn't leave out a form for students so I'll edit the teacher one))

((Real Name)): ((James))

Name: Thomas Therving((Tylos' son))

((In-game name:))((james2k))

((IRL age)):((Why? 16))

Who are you?: I am Thomas Therving. I'm young so I haven't done much in my life yet but my father Tylos is very well known in Oren.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: History and any combat classes.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: I don't really know.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? I think the Academy would be a great way for me to learn more about Aegis.

What can you help out with besides being a student?: I can help build and do tasks for the professors.

Name:Justin

((In-game name:)) Fen'Kal

((IRL age)):17

Who are you?:I am a Forest dwarf orphan who has always wanted to learn more about Aegis.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?:I would love to take economics. I am good at math and I want to start running a shop. I am also interested in learning the art of the hunt. If business goes south, I need to know how to survive. After those two, I really want to take all classes I can afford to. As for the job, I can help out as a grounds keeper or a scribe, as well as helping one of the professors in-between my classes.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: I have considerable knowledge of math and hunting already and I have a thirst for knowledge I can't quench anywhere else.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? I think this is a wonderful idea/ opportunity to learn the basics as well as learning more advanced things later on.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: Well...I don't think i am applying to be a professor and I mentioned this in my course selection.

Name:Jon Evaglno

((In-game name:)) Jon021

((IRL age)):15 ((a tad young, but I'm told I'm more mature than most 15 year olds. Just throwing that out there))

Who are you?: I am the owner of the Laurelin Theatre. I was the captain of the Alstion Guard. I doubt any folk have heard anything about me.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: Acting Teacher

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?:For one, I can recognize a good actor when I see one. I travelled the lands of Aegis performing before I began the Laurelin Theatre project. Other than that, I can deal with people well.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? I have supported it from the start, and will continue to support it.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?:I doubt very much, but I may be able to assist with the actual construction of the campus, if need be.

((I know I just copied and pasted, but there isn't really much else to say))

Name:Pikel Boldshoulder

((In-game name:))ParagonWarrior

((IRL age)):167

Who are you?:

My name is Pikel Boldshoulder, a greenbearded, independent ores miner and merchant.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?:

I would like to apply for the position of Professor of Health and Development and or Business and Mercantile. Both of these positions I have personal experience in and think I can pass my knowledge onto others.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?:

Plenty, after returning from the North with not a mina to show for it I've managed to acquire skills needed to make a living in Aegis. I now run a two man business exporting ores and building materials.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy?

I think it is a great way to help teach those that need the help. It could also bring together a good community of intellectuals which can always spawn more great ideas.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?:

I am a very competent builder and would gladly work on any constructions. I can also easily supply the Academy with any supplies needed, such as building materials, items needed for lessons and any other things that are needed.

I would be glad if you would consider carefully me as a possible teacher.

Signed

Pikel Boldshoulder

Name: Barador

((In-game name:)) benny508

((IRL age)): 16

Who are you?: I am an aging man in his 50's who has lived through many wars throughout Aegis and has witnessed the Undead rising. I have a great knowledge of the Human History as I have lived through alot of it myself. I have had many jobs and I have alot of experience which would make me perfect for the role of Human History teacher. I started out as an Oren Guard and during this job I learned about The Law , Kings and Queens as we protected them and I learned about alot of the battles since I was at them myself and survived to tell the tale. I then became a Detective and learned alot more about the Law and Infamous people.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: Teacher , Human History

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: I have lived through alot of events myself and I used to study at the library about Human History all the time so I know lots about it! I was also in the Oren Guard and I learned alot about the kings and queens of Oren so that information would be extreamly helpful to the Human History Course and I also know lots about the main battles in Oren as I fought in many of them myself and I lived to tell the tale!

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? It seems like a great place of learning that will enhance our future generation's education. (( Seems like a new and different concept and it sounds amazing! ))

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: Besides being a history teached I am willing to help with Diplomacy since I was an Oren Diplomat for a period of time in my life and I could also help with the actual organization of the school as I am a very organised person , so I would be more than happy to also aid with the construction and planning of parts of the school.

If you would like me to inform you of these experiences , so that you know how well informed of the Human History I am please , just ask

((reposted for your convienence))

MC name Vinnyvedivici

((In-game name:)) Lord Lucius Murmillo

((IRL age)): 25

Who are you?: I am Lord Lucius Murmillo, one of the founding members o' the wonderful city o' Aeriel and current Mast'r o' House. I am a 64 year old Cavern Dwarf and the Patriarch of House Murmillo. I am one of the overall planners fer our city and orginized the governmental system with the input of Lord Anamius and Hawthorne. With the help o' our citizens we have rapidly built our city and look forword ta welcoming the Acadmey and assisting in the construction.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: I would like ta be a professor o' Architecture and Interior Design. I feel that both courses are interrelated and as a result ye ought ta be proficent in yer ability ta think about interior space when yer designin' any buildin' and in the same way consider the building's exterior and even its surroundings when ye begin ta decorate inside. By teachin' both o' these subjects students will 'ave a better grasp of building techniques and proper use of materials that will flow throughout their creations.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: Through a series of events in my early life I was fortunate enough ta study in several libraries throughout Aegis, in fact some o' my fondest memories came from my time studing at Cloud Temple. I learned about the lore of our land, the early histories and the basic foundations o' the races. Through this understanding I began ta appriciate the distinct buildin styles o' each race, and fell in love with the art of designing dimesionally. Unfortunatly, family tragedy forced me ta end my studies abrod and return home. When the Craig swollowed outter Kal Urguan I lead House Murmillo inta the wilds and established new lands fer us. I was responsible fer the design and buildings within and as our House began ta be established more and more people began ta come and ask ta join what would become the City o' Aeriel. By treatin' all citizens with respect an fairness we 'ave achieved sucess and growth that I had never envisioned. Through this expierence I have learned to go beyond what I can build alone, but to utilize other's strengths and acomplish much more buildin' in a much faster timeframe than I could individually compleate. I have built on a small and grand scale, envisioned and obtained what I once thought was impossible, and would like ta impart some o' my knowledge and expierences ta others intrested in creating visually striking spaces and stunning exteriors.

At the end of my class students should feel confortable using multiple materials together, understand ratios and symmetry, and the know how ta make the basic architectural shapes including arches and domes. They will be able ta use landscape to accent their buildin's-or incorporate inta the buildin's. They should also 'ave an understandin' o' perception, depth, texture, and how the interplay of the key elements of design are worked inta everythin' they do.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? I am a staunch supporter o' The Aegean Academy and I think it is a unique concept that has the potential fer greatness! I would like ta see this come ta fruitation and am willing ta put my resources inta helpin it succeed.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: I will be providing housin nearby fer professors ta live in if they wished ta live near the academy, as well as dorms fer students should they also wish ta live while studing. Also, I can provide the use o' our farms fer students if needed.

Name:

Domainoft

((In-game name:))

Dom

((IRL age)):

Who are you?:

I am Lady Dom, of the Isle of the Wisp.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?:

Scribe perhaps someday Headmaster.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?:

I hold the position of Scribe for several different groups. As well as maintain a library of over 300 books.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy?

It sounds like a great opportunity, One that should work well with the The Order Of Scientific Research And Technology.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?:

I am not sure how much professor-ing a scribe does, but I have many books that should be useful for the teachers of various studies, also I maintain a massive farm at my home over 100 watermelon and various other plants. I also welcome people to my library on the Isle for study or classes. It is a safe place far from the undead that trouble the world.

Name: Kyle

((In-game name:)) Rogan_Blackaxe

((IRL age)): 15

Who are you?: A dwarf who has spent many years travelling th' lands of aegis in an attempt to become wiser than most dwarfs

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: i would like to be a student in the following subjects: doctoring and ancient history when there is a teacher for the subject i would also like to be a teacher of blacksmithing

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: Well, i am th' head blacksmith of th' black axe clan so that shows i have a good knowledge of blacksmithing.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? It seems like a good idea and if it goes well could turn into something amazing.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: i am always willing to help other teachers and i can always be an assisstant for other classes if needed.

Name:Darius Burkester. ((In-game name:))KingToten

((IRL age)):14

]Who are you?: I am darius burkester. Son of burkester and leka. My father wishes for me to get a better education.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: I wish to be a student. The following subjects are my preferences. Doctoring. Drama. History ((preferably elven/undead.)) and botany.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: I have experience in some alchemy compounds. I have a love for reading so you wouldn't catch me slacking in class.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy: It seems like a great place to learn otherwise i wouldn't be writing this.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: I could help people on basic survival skills. And help whoever is having trouble with their schooling.

I can't seem to find where to enroll my son two sons, so it would be very kind of you ((to /tell me with the price to enroll and what books they might need, much appreciated -Burkester

Name: bitewhite

((In-game name:)) Marcus Gladiarum

((IRL age)): 19

Who are you?: I am Marcus Gladiarum, a northerner who has worked for many years in the northern lands doing various jobs. I have participated in some guilds but I really desire to learn more about Aegis and its history.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: I would like to be a professor in economics or history but alas, my many years of lumberjacking has not provided me the credentials for the position. I am very willing to learn as much as I can and I would like to assist with teaching so I am applying to be a scribe or an assistant but I would like to one day become a professor.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: I am very experienced with various prices throughout Aegis so I could participate in economic research that racks the prices of very items. I also operate my own personal collection of some histories so I could participate in some history development. I consider myself a skilled interviewer and I have familiarity with many notable people so I think I could help out with research on the history of Aegis.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? I think that the Aegean Academy is a fantastic idea that will hopefully reduce the general ignorance we find in Aegis. I am interested to see the strength of the organization and how well it can function.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: I am a skilled lumberjack so I can gather wood if needed.