New characters for the next map

Althea

So with the talk of the new map being built I have a few questions and a persona that I want to share. The question first, when we get the new world do all of our persona slots clear out and we have to re-apply? Or do the slots stay the same like beforehand? What year is the new world going to be set in? Since it is around 1777 right now I’m going out on a limb and saying it would be maybe 1800?? ((Idk)) 

Now for the persona talk, my main character that I use is Althea Tozzer, she lives in Haense and comes from a farmer family. Originally I was going to make her a stealth archer. I still have the rough concept art I drew of her as I was typing away at her backstory. I wanted her to be a town to town adventurer, staying for 2 years in game then moving to the next town. But with my lack of confidence and communication skills I settled her down to Haense forever, or until something terrible happens. I always liked the idea of a town to town bartender, who also liked getting a little to tipsy. So I’m the final reforms of Althea I looked at taverns to work at and I sent her off to work there. With the alcoholic trait almost forming onto her, I also wanted to make her more tomboyish. This also plays into the town to town adventurer. But I turned it around to play into her being a hard working stubborn woman. And like myself she hides most of her emotional baggage for until a later day or and alcohol splurge. 

I wanna use the original Althea for the next map but I heavily doubt my skinning skills. Dm me on discord if you might want to skin my character. ((AllMemesKill#5157)) I also wanna travel in a group for the next map aswell, maybe with new players so that we can all explore it together. Dm on discord at AllMemesKill#5157 or you can msg me in game at WeebMaster36. I’m usually on from 12 pm pst to 12 am pst ((3 pm est to 3 am est))

Edited by Althea
Spelling errors and words were missing

You don’t have to re-apply or create a new persona unless you want to or they die between now and transition.  If you are in the Lotc discord you can find a channel for skins, just follow the instructions and if anyone is available/interested they’ll ping or dm you. 

Edited by Bisscy

Oh dear god lmao

Imagine if we all had to start brand new characters with every map change. There would be RIOTS!

No, you can keep your character and all their stuff, dw. 🙂 And the year doesn’t jump ahead or anything.

Map changes are always really chaotic and fun RP, so enjoy your first one!

I appreciate this post. You never have to re-apply for the server, nor do you have to kill off a persona during map transitions. I enjoy the idea of a new player adventurer group, as it can probably lead to some unique groups forming up on the server. Generally, new players get sucked into existing groups and systems and aren’t able to go off on their own. Back in the day, some of the most fun I ever had was just hopping on with a few friends and exploring the world and interacting with people as they went about their own roleplay lives. I do recommend you find at least one experienced player who can help out with commands, but otherwise a lot of the fun comes from discovering things for yourself.