Misery Mourns Company

𝙻𝚞𝚟 XO

The Fjarriagua passed back and forth upon creaking planks of wood making up a shanty looking dock. Her arms tightly crossed over her chest and her chin seemingly digging into her chest. Finally she’d come to a halt and glance over to the right, her reflection painted perfectly back at her. A frown violently ripped through all of the barriers and breached the surface of her visage - the witch’s features turning in on themselves, weeps with no tears.

The sound of rushing water consumed her from all sides. Waves crashing up against the stone island that was the Krag? No, no- It’s certainly one of Svette’s pets! It sounded like so many moments in her head, but each of them was foggy and difficult to recall. She knew the name of the rock she came from, but couldn’t remember much about it. A flooded basement, a green gleaming stone sat  in the center of the pool. Kokudam’s voice guiding her: 

̷̮͕̱̠͎̹̖͔͖͓̙̺̪̿͜S̸̖̝̏́̊̀̽̕͝͝͝i̶̢̛̞̪̜̬̮̻̫̘̥̲̒͂͐̃́̍͊͒̚ͅs̵͉̣̃̄̋̈͛̒̍t̴̛͚̯͉͖̼͕̪̝͚̲̅͂͑ȩ̶̡̟̪͈̘̬̟̞̠̻̪̖̣͌͌̐̍͒̄̋͆̀͛̾̇̉̚͜͠ŗ̴̺̉̀͂̒͒͒̃́͆͋̈́̏̔͜,̵̢̨̛͉̮̭͖̘̣͇̱̫͖̭̳͜ ̷̛̩̥̤̙͕͈̀͌̏̊̍͠͠p̵̟͙̲̳̰̺̯̝͈̪̈̑̈́̌̌̓̃̕͠l̵̢͕̙̭̩̳͇̯̪̘̠̭͓̝̀̔̃̈́̐̐̒̐́̄̈́̿̃͘͝ė̶̡̝̠͆͆́̈́̔̎͐̆̐̉̈́̌͘͝a̶̧͕̮̦͍͒̾͗̔̂̔̈́͊͆̀̑͛͆̚s̶̗͎̳̟͌̍̎́͊͂̄̋͆͂͠͝e̵̯͔͚̎͑̉́̏̏͌̃̈̽͛̑͐͐ ̵͕̤͙̱͚͎͎͉͔̮̘̲̯͈̈̈́́̐̚ͅt̷̡͇͍̮̳͗͌̈́̓͋̀̑̌͌̕͠r̷̨̧̧̟̙̘̼̼̙̺̝̅͑̾͒̒̾͘͠e̸̦͈̲̞̪̳̥͓̅̈͒̾̿͛̔̇̌̌̃̓͝ͅa̷̧̢̬̮͎͔̹̗͇̺̣̰̤͍͈͂̌́͒̒̐̍͒͝͝d̷̨̢͚̥͇̄̈͛́͐̾̉͐́͋͋̍̍͑̄ͅ ̶̫͙̻͓̗͉͓͈̣̰̭̹͑̏̽͋͗̑̅̕w̵̛̫̦̳̲̻̤̥̘̑́̍̌̓̐ͅi̷̢̡̙̠̺͖͇̠̻̗̿̒͂̐̾͗̓̐̊̄̀̔͜t̵̨̠̲̜͕̠̎̆̇́̈́̂̍̈͂̊͠͝h̸̢̝͍̤̗̖͉̰͎̦̮̲̏ ̶̛̲̮̣̦͆̋̿̾̏̿̒́̌́̽̐̆̚c̵̝̤̦̼̆́͂̃̐̑̀͌́̓̽͝à̶̧͉͍͉͎͕̃u̴̢͖̮̘̺̼͍̻̖͗̿̅̆͂ͅt̴̨̜̩͐̀̉͜i̵̥͓͓̥̖̬̩̮̻̰̾̄̈́͊͊̔͜o̷̰͍͙͚͚̓̐̽͝n̶̢̫̭̬͓̈́̓́́̉̽̑.̴̨̨͚͍͛”̵̧̙̗̫͙͍̹̟͖̄̃͛̀͆̆́̂̆͜ͅ

Whatever happened to that girl? Morrigan? Mae? Whatever happened to Benjamin? So many names swam throughout her head as the water ran, and the witch would slam her eyes shut - turning away from her reflection in pure devastation. Iralee and Ceto, my sisters, where did they go? When had they left? A keep, white columns with a long bridge from the shore. An Ascended moved back toward the building, leaving behind the body of an unrecognizable witch. She tried her best to make up her face, but couldn’t quite get it into focus. 

Vivec, Hauxir, Drahomira… and Belladonna! She could never forget them. They’d always been there. Vivec, he was the one who fed your spirit and gave it the strength to make peace with the curse. He taught you about the political parties of this one foreign place. He was always there… even if everything else around her melted away. Perhaps that’s because Vivec was not composed of ice, but fire. The only flame the witch welcomed. A shiver ran up her spine, the idea that one day he might be extinguished — put out like the rest. 

“̸̯̻̘̲̱̼̦̠̫̺̜̌̒͐̀͆̍̎̏̀̇̊̃̃̄̋Y̸̧̝͕̦͋͗̄̐̚̕ṑ̸̡̰͕̰̱̹͎̗͉̈́̒̏̃͘͝͠͝͠u̶̡̦̮̼͒̐̄̈́̓̿̚͝ ̵̨̣̯̱̮̰̗̞́̌̉͌d̸͉̟̻͙͇̬̣͖̱́̈̄̈͜͜͠ǫ̵͈̥͉̫̖͇̺͌̇̎͜ṅ̶̯̮̠̬̤̻̿̄͆̍̏̅͂̌̿̆’̸̞̿̉͒̎̓̀̒̆̕͝t̸͙̰̭̱̹̮̱̎̊̽̋̕̚͜͠͝ ̴̙̖̼̮̝͇̺̝̬͖͍̆͂̽͆̇͆͜͜g̴̟̖̿̅̅̓͌͛̿̐̿͝ȩ̸̢͎̳̳̥̱͎̊͛̊̓̂͠t̵̜̳̜̪̙͓͖̘̹̪̮͓͂̒́̊̑͝ ̸̥͍͕͕͈̱̮̗̞̩͛͋̉̔̈́͑͘̕t̶̙̹͒̋̈́͌̆̀͊͑͐̓̚͜͝͝ỡ̴̢̧̟̳̠͎̀̐̿͊̉̏̂̓̕̚͠ ̸̡̥̻̐̅͂̐̆͌͑̋̿̃̅͊́͆ļ̵̬̺̳̞̱̳̜̬̇̚͜͜e̴̥̥̙͎̫͚͙̰͈̮͐̈́̾̎͜͜a̷̡̫͇͚̖̮͖̘̦͙̳̺͆͊̚͜͜v̴̦̈́͂̂̈́̂̽͌̍̃̒̄͐̌̍͠ë̴̘͆̐̾ ̸͍̖̯̤̩͔͉̖͚̏̓͋̌̽m̶̛̼̰̺̭̖̼̦̹̈̿͂͛̀̉̂́̑̇͝ͅë̴͎̟̼̪̺́͗́̏̋̍͆͒̈́̽̃ ̴̡̬̞̗̽̍̽̈̒͒̒̾́̕͝ȟ̵͓̠͇̥̂̀̔͒̿͆̃̋͝͝ͅḙ̷͈̦̺̯̯̱̖̟̖̹̲̯̱͋͋̍͆̇̍̆̿̾̾͝ͅr̷̫̱͓͕͖̭̜͓̥͇̀̓́̚̚ė̵̯͓̺̭́̓̓͂̚̕ ̴͕̹̻̫̎̀̐̀̈̑͛͠ȧ̵̧̡̱̗̫̰̘́͌͑̾̾͂̀͋͌̽͒̑͘͝l̸͔̦͈̞̯̤͌͌͗̎́ļ̶̡̛̠̰̦̤̖̦̤̺̞̑͛̈̊͗͂ ̶̘̙͂b̷̡̢̞̰̘̗̳̂̀͝y̴͕̥͕̻̝̲̜͋ ̶̢͔͚̤̻̹̪̈̀̂̊͆̽̐̚ͅm̶̜̭̣̦̭̍̇̔̐́̔ý̸̛̼̩̞̖̩͙̆́̐̂̿̋͑͊̑̅͊̚͝ş̷̰̰̦̽͝e̸̤̟̺̳͓̹͈̦͈̣̠̫̓̆͑͊͋͘͜l̶̢͎̞͙̞̱͈̳̊̐́̈́͘f̵͉̝̺̗̞̺̰͌̆̈́̌̔̊̾̌͑̚͝!̷̻̄̏ ̵̧̛͉̂̊̎̈́́̀̎̾̆̈̍I̸̢̛̞̮̟͍̝͖͖̲̠͙̦͎͇̋̑̀̿̈̎͗̍’̷̝́̾̑͘ĺ̷̨̨̧̤̹̳͍̜̲̲̗̥̈̀̇͑̆̑͝l̶̡͙͚̙̪̲̰͖̥̭̖̭̒͗̇́͝ͅ ̷̡̡̨̢̜͚̱̙̱̞̼̞͋̒͂̃̈̈̆͌͒̒͆̑̑̒̈́͜k̷̡̮͚̝͔͚͈̲͉͔̖͉͙̀̚ē̴̡̨̧̫͓̝̫̦͎̗̦̬̗̳̳̇̌̏̎̆͋̎̃é̷͇͈̞͍̤̞̼͖̻͍͙͗̔̊̆͋͊͘p̸̛̛͍͕̩̥̮̥̼̈́̀͊̈̆̈́̍̾͌͂̽̈́͘ ̸̧̛̛̳̠̘͑̈́̔͒̄͑̾̆̓̓͂͘͝ÿ̴͆̑̑̅ͅͅở̶͔̥͎̟̘̺̓̉̅̃̑͐͘u̵̼͍̥͎̺̔̄̓̋̃͝ṟ̵̢̮͖̩͖͔͈̻̜̱̠̖͂̒̈́̒̄̇̿͊͂̇͋͘͜ ̵͉̘̝̥̔̎̓̈́̔̓͆̈͌̿͊̕͝p̷̟̠̓̋̏̎̓̉̕͠ḩ̶̜̯͔̝͓͓͍̼͓̞̮́̓̈́͑̀̋̆̔̈̄͊̅̋̚͠ỳ̶̛̮̣̥̺̘̘͙̪̟̮̯͓͜ͅl̶̠̅͊͒̉̓̂̓̊́͘̚͝ã̴̡̪̩͖̳͙̯̳̹͈̣̍̐̾̒̌͊̎́͛͒c̷̢͔̮̯̙͖̫̹̫̞͍͈̹̜͊ţ̵͔̣̦͚̲̭̯̽̂̄̑̒͜e̶̡̤̥̮͍̻̼̬̮̠̹̗̙̅̋͐̆͑͗́ͅr̶̦̝͎̭͔͎̬̝͚̞̰̗͗͘ͅy̴͕̜͉̱̞̣̪̩̍̆̔̅͆̌͐́̾̕͝͝ ̸̢̢̙͚̗͖̭͔̟̻͚̈́̇̓̓̀͊̈́͂̀̒̊̓m̸̤̲͕̜̱̪̩̳̰͍̲̀̏̐̄̂̓̇̂̃̈́̕y̶̼̙̥̗̲͔͛s̴̫͓̻̩̆́̾̔͂̀̅͋̕͠ͅḙ̵͖̤̳̼̦̗̙̹̯̝̔̽̊͆̾̿̔̎̈́͂͘ͅľ̵̛͙͔͙͖̝̰̹̪̹̖͊̈́̈́̍̂͠ͅf̷̧̮͒͒̄ͅ,̸̯͍̹̼̩̤̥̞̬͕̬̮͎̈́́͊͌͋͛́̐̈́̚̚͜͠ͅ ̸̨̼̯͍̝̱̤͙͙̯̯̥͉̮͉́̐̇̾̈́͐͂͆̃̂̃͠á̴̫͎̘̂͗ñ̷̛͔͈̫̼̝͉̘̗̫̘̝̞̼̋̕ḋ̸̨̧͈̰̝̉̈́̈́̃͠ ̷̗̫̥̐̒y̴̡̳̗̙̯̣̩̘͚̞̻͇͛̆͊̇͛͆̃̃͋̔̋̕͜͝ơ̴̡͍̝̋͂̇͗̈́̃̂̍̑̾̚͝u̵̞̮̘͋͝ ̷̠̺͈̫̑̀͋͐̕͜c̷̨̼̦̖͇̖̪̤̦̪̀̎͆a̴͖̠̟̖̾̂̈́̈́̈́͂͌̽͂̔͘ń̴̼̞̻̦̖̥͖̻̠̠̽́́͑̿̀̓͐̚ͅͅ ̶̗̗͍̈͘s̵̡̫̥͔̺̗͋̓̄͆̎̾̀̿ṗ̶̥͓͓̥͇̹̲͍̲̜̱͗̀̄̿̈́͐̄̐͘͝͝ͅe̸͔͉̭͛̈́̓̾͂͛͝͝n̵̨̤̺͓̼̳̞͚͓̻̙̅̀̄̀̌̋̓̚ͅd̸̦̜̗̗̲̬̠̩̳̗̲͚̗͚̩̎̾̈́̓͑͌͌́͐̿͘̚͝ ̴̧̲͇̓͋͆͊͘͜͝ͅa̶͚̤͛͐̽̅̈́̂̽͆̕͘͘͝l̶̖̲̎̇̈̽̏͒̓͂̀̽̃͠l̴̢̺̦͓̤̰̙͙̖̭̪͊̒́̿̿̈́͒ ̴̨̢͎̦͓͈̬̄́̓̅̒̎̍͒̋͘͜ȏ̴͓̥̳̤̙̃̃͊̒͠͠͝f̸͇̱̌̔̏̓̈́̃̄͘͘͝ ̴̖̺̪̲̻̩͔͕̳͛̿̎ͅȩ̵̩̰̹̱̟͇̹̮͚̻͎̺̩̀͗͐̈́̉̍̈́͋̆t̴̢̼͓̩̣͓͕͉̞̩̤͙̱͛͑͛̾͒̑́͜ͅę̶͍͎̰͕̼͍̠͇͓̹͑͐͌̾̀̐̓̉̇̈́̏̕͝͝ṟ̴̡̨̨̗̰̻͕̭̮̪̗̔͂́͜n̴̛͚̺̠̖̝͖͈̠̯̄́̎̏̅͗͋̌̈́̓̉̊̕͝ͅȋ̴̤͗̉͛́̆̇̓̍̆́t̷̤͓̥̞̒̀̐͑͒̌͆̽̚y̷̱͎͍͌̀͗̂̽̑̈̈́̇̂̑͜͝͝͠ ̸̧̣̦̝̯̼̲͇̬̝̞̺͍̞͌͂̓̆́̎̇̐̔͐́͌͒͜͝͝r̴̢̙̮͚̼̲͓̪̘̝̀͒̀̄́͗͗̓̈́͆͂́̃̇é̵̢̛̹͎̦͆̽̇̑̿̃́̚͝m̶̧̱͓͉̻̪̞̹̬̥̱̫̹̝͔̑̾͛̊̅̇͑̕̕͠i̸̛͇͂̾͑̉̋͌̑̐̓̊͘n̷̩̗̲̞̺̹̭̖̔́̈̾͜͝d̷͙̭̜̱̗̜̮̹̫̘͇̗́̔͋̈́̾̋͆̈̃́ͅi̷̡̥͐̄͆̈̔̀̐͒͆̈́́̕ṅ̸̜̉͂̌̎̃͆̈́̄͛̂͋̄̔͝g̸̨̮̟͉͉͓̤̭̞̹̔̀̽̽͜͜ͅͅ ̸̨̛̻̹͕̤̼̙̣̞̮͕̔́͒́͌͋̏̚m̵͔̝͕̼͚̹̲̅̑͗̂͗̆͌ẹ̸̡̡̠͍͎̳̜̠̬̅͗ ̷̨̨̻̭̤̻̣̱͎̠̍̉͂̔͂͒̕ͅơ̶͎͉͔͚̼͚̦̬̰͇̘̑͑͋̅̈͋͆̌͂̕͜f̴̧̢͍̥͔̫͚̣͑̔̌̂̒͑ͅ ̸͖̟͐͋͐̐m̴̡̢̯̊́́̀̄̍̆͊́̄̐́͋y̸͚̽̈́͂͒̄̇̆̕͝͠ ̴̪̖̼̻̞͇͗͆̌̎̉̿̒̀̎̍͗̈͗͐͜ͅs̸͙̤͊̉͐̇͒͗̊͊̕͝͠ẻ̸̘̭́̐̀͂͐̈́̄̎͌̕͠ḷ̶̟̤̹̤̙̠̟̜̖͚̱̼̽̋̎͆͒̊͊̌̃͑͝f̸̡̧̹̦̖̗̥̬̰̲̈́͠î̸̛̛̪̲̦͉̮̦͕͂͆͌̉̐̋̇̐͘͜͝͝s̵̨̲̠̹͊̿h̷̨̼͙̱̟̹̪̃̽̌̑̾ņ̵̢̢̪̞̻͙̳̙̥̝̹͇͂̄͜͜é̶̡̛̠͙̜͎̦̀͑̾̄̿s̸̢͇͙͇̰̯͍̼͈̼̰̖̦͗̎ş̶̡̧̩̤̫̮̦̬͖̘͎̩̺̜̒̇͋̾͗̒̇́̈́͐̋̓͘̕͝.̸̯̪̘́̑̽̏͒͆̐̎̈́̿͊͘͝͠”̴̗͍͉̬̦͙͇̘̮̳͊̀͐́̾̇̄̂̓̊̈́ͅ

She opened her eyes and saw him standing at the stairs of the dock, brow raised upright and a barely curious demeanor emitted from him. “What the **** are you doing?” He’d ask his words spun into one of his usual playful jabs. Relief. She just smiled back at him, before quickly rushing towards him. Happy as can be to follow his lead to their next destination.

Spoiler

((OOC: It’s weird seeing the same players, but not the same characters. As the story on LoTC goes on, it’s bittersweet looking back on all the memories I’ve made here. Sorry, that sounded kinda gay…))