The Final Edict of Rubern, 16 SA

Zarsies

*This edict circulates the realm to find its home on notice boards and through the bellow of criers. Its moldered parchment bears the torn sigil of the Alimar coat of arms, the stamped image cut thrice.

The Revolution and Deposition of Rubern

6th of the Grand Harvest, 16 SA

yEzq9Ru.gif

To the realms of Haense, Haelun'or, and the wider world:

I announce that on this day the false Prince of Rubern and pretender of the Alimar line, Lothar Vladislav Alimar, is dead. So too is his bastardized resurrection of the Principality of Rubern. 

Long have the people of Rubern suffered beneath Lothar's tyrannical rule and languished from his delusional and violent outbursts; residents and servants of Castle Illia have been tormented by his grotesque decadence, paranoid episodes, threats and misuse of violent punishment, and glaring failure to rule or maintain peace within his own walls. Recent events exacerbated his mania and violence which led to an altercation that very clearly spoke to his ill will and lack of concern for his family, his subjects, or even himself. We, the people of Rubern, have had enough. At high noon on the 6th of the Grand Harvest we, the servants, residents, and families of Castle Illia, arose to confront our rotten lord and announce our grievances and demand change and reparations. At his convulsive denial and adamant intent to squeeze us raw and bloody I saw no other option than to cut the head of the snake and cast him into the Hells where he rightfully smolders.

With his last breath was the death rattle of this mockery of a state. As his right hand and accepted matriarch by those who survived the confrontation, I officially dissolve the state of Rubern and what titles the swine masqueraded with. Castle Illia will remain as an independent site seeking isolation and peace and we shall not pursue political relations or hold court; we must grieve our dead and heal from our traumas. I ask our neighbors to spare us a moment to mend and settle our internal affairs before reaching out or making advances if at all; we prefer the quiet.

I apologize for having not intervened sooner.

May the bastard burn and our scars wash away,

Tiwa, Lady of the House

"What's Rubern?" inquired Aleksandra Ludovar with a smirk. "Never heard of it."

"That's rough buddy." spoke President Bourdon, signing the lorraine.

Edited by Tiresiam

With a sour facial expression Heinrik Karl packed his miniature soldier figures off his strategy board back into his toy box. "Rubern delenda est.. I guess." he said with a roll of his eyes.

34 minutes ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

"What's Rubern?" inquired Aleksandra Ludovar with a smirk. "Never heard of it."

"That was so epic." Alwyn la Croix replied.

Juniper knelt in her chambers before a traveling trunk, slowly closing it's lid with a quiet snap of the locks. She let out a sigh, reminiscing on all that had transpired within the walls of Castle Illia. "Back home to Providence, I suppose." she muttered to herself.

Upon hearing the news, a wandering philosopher makes his way to the principality in swift deliberation to console and inquire of the recently liberated peoples of Rubern.