A Bid for Handler

erictafoya

A BID FOR HANDLER

392 ES | 1839 FA

Hgj4zrFljWqcWsYLAiJNt_sXAUoPIQPVVRd-H097yLjmuSoCHofpHWRODYuAyAJ6EheAXGjq9jtPvl5pDGfsaiyq0o6v92xU5oK9FhnnPPVClHSe8dSblcoUz-s6e1uFRxEU2TdT=s0

[!] Lord Robert Ludovar, Baron of Otistadt, aged 36

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG EDLERVIK,

I announced today, officially, that I have run for the position of Lord Handler of His Majesties Royal Duma. While I hold respect for Vikomit Amador’s position and experience in the Royal Duma, I believe that I am the most qualified candidate for the position. While Vikomit Amador has more experience in the legislature than I do, I believe I hold more experience in leadership. The position of Lord Handler is much more than a ceremonial or advisory role, as they also serve as the de facto Speaker in times of the incumbent speaker's absence or inability to serve as moderator of the Royal Duma. 

I have served in our beloved Brotherhood long before it’s third inception, and I have always served as a leader in our military ever since I was just a cadet. Not only that, but I have served as the Chief Royal Detective for nearly two decades. My experience in leadership in both government and nobility has lead me to acquire the following essential qualities that all Lord Handlers should have:

I. Intuition - It is no surprise to any that I have been the most outspoken and ambitious lower noble in recent history. Despite these bills either failing Royal assent or majority vote, they have always been heavily debated topics of which I have created with the aid of others by my side. My intuition and ambition in the Royal Duma has not been met without support, and it is clear that others share my views.

II. Confidence - Any competent commander requires a large amount of confidence to lead men. Afterall, a commander not confident in himself cannot expect confidence from his men following him into battle. I have led many men into charges, retreats, or even to victory. In debates, I have held my own ground and I have never faltered on views that I believe to be right and fair.

III. Discipline - A good soldier can fight, a great soldier can fight while following orders. Not once have I ever been uncordial or unprofessional in any debate in the Royal Duma if it was not targeted to myself. Even still, the words of men who wish to test my patience fall deaf on me, as I know my own worth. I was taught in the Brotherhood that sometimes silence speaks a thousand words, and I have held my tongue and actions in the Royal Duma. Not once have I ever been thrown out or warned.

IV. Knowledge of Law - As any good noble and soldier would, I have extensive knowledge of our Royal Law Codex. I am one of the very few who graduated from the Royal Academy with a law degree, just at the age of fourteen. Ever since I was a young man, I have always studied the law and have seen it’s imperfections.

V. Fairness - My critiques have always been fair with as little bias as possible. I have never been opposed to compromise, which is something that any good Speaker, let alone Handler, should have. A reserved and impartial Lord Handler is a fair lord handler.

As the vote continues on to the next session, the current tally is tied between myself and Vikomit Amador. Two more votes decide the verdict of the first six-year-term Lord Handler, and now I pass the judgement off to my two colleagues, The Right Honorable, Jan Otto Kortrevich, Komit i Jerovitz, and The Honorable, Raden Decaden, Royal Alderman. May Godani have you choose wisely.

Signed,

His Lordship, Robert Aleksandr Ludovar, Baron of Otistadt, Lord of Kazstadt

Erwin Bishop supports a Ludovar lord handler happily.