One Final Correspondence (PK)

thisuserisok

In the wee hours of the morning, Locke took her final breath. Before this, she gave Amura, the only person present at her passing, a stack of letters.

————————————————————-

Lle Aylir-Hawksong-Savir @

Dear Parent,

I am sorry that I didn’t tell you I was sick. To be completely honest, I didn’t tell anyone. I wanted to be allowed to live my last few months exactly as I left the many years before.

I had always envied you for being an elf and being able to live forever. Ironic that now I’ll never have to grow old.

Thank you for being my parent. Genuinely. For the first 19 years of my life I didn’t have that. You allowed an overcautious, overbearing teen who was more of a problem than anything else into your life and let her scream at you, cause problems, cry into your shoulder and laugh when I was happy. You made me into more than I ever thought I would be, and I can never repay you.

Please take care of yourself. Continue to love unconditionally and care deeply for those you hold dearest. You’ll never know when or who may need it most.

-Locke Brook 

——————————————————————

Oliver Solros @Fumi

Dear Oliver,

I am sorry that I didn’t tell you I was sick. To be completely honest, I didn’t tell anyone. I wanted to be allowed to live my last few months exactly as I left the many years before.

I remember the first time we met. We were both young and you couldn’t even speak. I found you so fascinating for some reason. So I pushed on you until you became my friend. I’m so glad you did.

We had our fair share of low moments in our relationship, but the good parts were so good it was almost easy to forget the bad. I remember at our wedding you were so nervous you didn’t even say vows. Honestly I couldn’t give a **** about whether or not you said any vows because I knew that what we had was special. I’m so thankful you were the love of my life, my fierce protector, and the father of my children.

Hold those children tightly. Love them endlessly. Remind them how much Mom loved them too. If they ask, tell them about me, from my highest highs to my lowest lows, because we both know I had both.

As for you, never stop fighting for what you believe in, even if our opinions did differ frequently. Your passion for things you cared about was always one thing I loved about you most.

-Locke

—————————————————————

The Kids 

Floris, Aspen (@generi), and Angela ,

I would write all three of you a separate letter but I almost feel like I don’t know you all well enough to write you personally.

I absolutely hate that I am not going to be here to watch you grow up. I’m going to miss you all becoming yourselves, independent from what your father and I tried to force upon you. Speaking of which, I’m sorry if you feel like I was too hard on you three. I didn’t want you to end up like I did. Alone. Desperate. On the run.

I ALWAYS wanted to be a mom. Ask anyone. I would go around Elysium and find kids who needed help and help them. It brought me a great joy. That’s what the safe house was supposed to be. I don’t think I’ve ever felt more joy than when I had you three.

Floris: Keep being you. Jump into the Elysium fountain with reckless abandon and remember that even though I grounded you for it I always thought it was funny.

Aspen: You are more than your wheelchair. I know that you’re shy, and that is something that you’ll have to overcome, but I know that you are going to do amazing things in whatever you do.

Angela: My little wild child. I know that you always had a weird aversion to me, mostly because I was overbearing. I can assure you, it was never me trying to knock you down, it was always to keep you safe. But now, you can go get that castle. I’ll be your biggest supporter.

I love you all dearly, and I will continue too long after I am gone. Listen to your dad, love and support each other.

Mom

——————————————————————————

Vunlea (@lilbeantoes),

Lea. My dear sister.

I am so glad to have found you. I was an only child the first nineteen years of my life and I had always wanted someone to confide in. I was so lucky to have you be that for me.

I always tried to be your best friend, and the best confidant I could be for you. I wanted to be annoying when you liked boys but also be there to help you. I just hope I was able to be all of that for you. You were that for me.

You were always so fun to be around because you spoke your mind, no matter who you were talking to, whether it be your best friend or worst enemy. I hope you always do that. Be strong.

Love you always.

Locke

——————————————————————————

Andora (@generi),

I watched you grow up from a child into a beautiful young woman.

I believe the first time we ever met was when you asked me to be the officiant for your frog’s wedding. I thought about how much you reminded me of me when I was your age. Honestly now, I hope you turn out nothing like me.

Thank you for saving my life on that rooftop. At least it gave me a few more years with my family.

Locke

Edited by clairejane02
Forgot to add tags

Angela wasn't really sure what to think when she read the letter. She'd never really known her own mother all that well, and now it pained her that she hadn't taken what time she had with Locke and spent it well. Nevertheless, with her late mother's blessing, Angela set out on the road once again without warning, ready to take what's hers.

Andora sat alone in her home, the letter that had been delivered to her clutched tightly in both hands. She read it over and over again, but it didn't help her wrap her mind around it in any way. What felt like an eternity passed, before she simply dropped the page and left her apartment, going on a new wild adventure to distract herself from the thought.

Aspen Solros slowly rolled her wheelchair back and forth after reading the note, looking down at the prison that her failing legs had created for her. It was then that she decided that six years of pitying herself was enough, and thus the young girl rolled over to her crutches, stood, and left, determined to find a way to make her mother proud.