A Flame Extinguished. [PK]

Krugallah

"I cannot promise you that, maln."

1450fa0951df1a8c7da0409b50d749f2.jpg

Short lived, he was, and yet, in such short time, he found love. He found power. He found purpose. He still couldn't wrap his head around everything. A partner. A purpose. A group. A family. It had all transpired so quickly and so beautifully, that not once did the mali'ame stop and think. No. He simply went with things as they moved. He simply did everything as it seemed right. He went along with his life as fate commanded him to. And yet, the same fate that commanded him to do things, would come to swipe his neck clean, and draw free his blood from his veins. A fickle mistress and cruel master, the Lady Fate truly was. Never had a saying rang so true; "You will pay for your mistakes." And he did so in full. Drawn to untether himself from his beloved in search of a forbidden path, remorse found the young mali's head, and as soon as he broke a pact, the pact was remade - and to his dumbfounded disbelief, the same partner he betrayed came to accept this forbidden path he had chosen to walk upon. 

Yet, of course, not everything in life were flowers. Not everything worked out the way it was intended to work out. No. It was never like that. And it never will be. For a man who commits a mistake against another's family, will live to see that family come to hate him. And such he did. Despite creating bridges within his otherworldly synod, and despite re-creating bonds with the lliran of the Principality, the Lady Fate decided that he was not worth redemption or retribution with the ones he sought most. "You're a damned spook." - "I need to test you. I don't trust you. You'll kill him." - And yet, statements of dedication were never enough. Tests seemed 'ineffective' only with him. A man's willpower - ignored, cast aside. "I'm ready to, and I will die for him. But I wish not to break his heart. So as long as I draw breath, my life will be for him." An oath greater than any other he had sworn. My life will be for him. Words that, truthfully, he lived until the very end.

until the very end

And ends, sad and untimely as they are, come for any. Ends, depressing as they might be, haunt the life of any creature. A mali will live to see their thousands, only to fall for their own insanity. An uruk will live to conquer thousands, only to fall for their own bloodlust. A human will live to find love, only to grow old and die alongside it. A dwarf will mine piles upon piles of gold, and perish thinking there was yet more to mine. The end is always disappointing. It is always uncalled for and unexpected. And as such, so was this mali'ame's end uncalled for, unexpected, and quick. Though, he knew it would come. As he had told the silver-haired Dame; I fight not for the souls of the living. My purpose is to those misguided upon the Wastes. A shepard he was, and a shepard he remains. No manner of death, injury or maim can falt this one's will. No. He was born with willpower, and with willpower he would die. 

Though there was a level of sadness about this that transcended the regular endings. For this one came not from enemies, context or conditions. No. It would come by his own hand. It would come because those he sought love from, bore him nothing but hatred. It would come because those he sought acceptance from, bore him nothing but fickle attempts at his life. It would come, because when a man seeks redemption, and redemption to him is denied, a man will go to the edges of his existence and sanity, and will see that the Ebrietaes smiles to them on the other side. A disappointing end, to a disappointing story. A flame extinguished, perhaps too soon, perhaps justifiably, yet an end nonetheless. He felt the sorrow in his heart. He'd be abandoning his beloved. He'd be abandoning his work. His purpose. His quest for redemption. And yet, in this sorrow, regret and anguishing pain, he found peace. For now, none had to worry about his beloved's safety - no. There would be no wretched, twisted mali'ame vying for his death. For now, the monster-hunter could sleep at ease, knowing her quest was completed. In this peace, he found renewed purpose.

And as the song ends, a letter is sent. With clear destination. With clear end goal. 

For a Shorewalker walked the Shore no more.

Spoiler

Alucard, my love.

I do not wish for you to be sad, or for you to cry when you hear of this. Yet I know you will. I only wish I could, somehow, be there to comfort you. I am sorry, mayilu. I said I'd live and die for you. I said that, as long as I drew breath, I would not break your heart, but as I write this letter, I know this is what I'm doing. I hope you do not resent me, mayilu. You who are a gentle, kind and understanding soul. You who have cared and loved me for so long. You who have understood me and accepted me, regardless of all our adversities. You who kept my flame burning for so long. But sometimes, it is not to be. Sometimes, the end is untimely, and we must understand that, mayilu. Know that I did not do this with a troubled mind. No. My desire was clear. I leave you, but I will always be with you. For you are mine, and I am yours, no matter where I might be. I wish for peace and newfound love for you - do not live with regret or mourning. Live your life. I have finally found my peace, mayilu, and while your eyes and your embrace brought me close to it, I had to find it. 

I will be waiting for you whenever it is the time for you to join me.

I love you. I will always love you. I have always loved you.

Until the very end.

- Csayhn. 

Tears. Tears are all he could produce, weeping for his loss, weeping for this wretched world that he walks upon. Cry. Alucard. Cry.” That is all he could do, and would do. They stream down his cheeks like a broken dam as he reads the note, dropped from the crimson skies into his hands. 

Why? A part of him will always question that, his curiosity overburdening - overwhelming. Support is all he gave, even to those damned - so why does fate weave itself in such a corrupted and complicated way?

Truly, he knows it will be okay - his emotions will pass, his wounds healed. But to feel it in this very moment, it shatters him, to think he had fought for so long against his own family, just to lose the fight. Always seeing the good in everyone, always ignoring the bad. So, walk the shore upon the ebony ocean, dear Csayhn. Walk.

Spoiler

Me when “shelf likely” >pks

"Finally, I never liked that guy" a certain High Elf stated without empathy "Need to ensure Alucard is alright, though-" 

A little elfess girl named Essa was strolling around Celia'nor wondering where her big brother would be, she sent him a letter but no reply, she wondered if this death was his. If so she sit and cry feeling at lost for words so sad to lose someone so soon.

If not the big brother she adopted randomly she was rather upset he was ignoring her letters as she missed him.

(sorry if I mispelled the name of the city)

A woman in the Lurin Academy hid alone in her office, wracked by sobs. Her fingers clutched at the stone until they were bloody and raw, ebbing with burning pain. Her conversation with him, heartfelt advice spoken from her soul, had been his last -- she recalled the arbalest of that atronach, Mika's apathetic frown, Rina's scowl. They were blind. 

"Everything I touch," she wailed, clutching the little living doll of her's in either arm. "It dies."