Ilmyumier | The Art of Storytelling

ThumperJack

gOrmFLTroL3db27iJ3BszwMSTpTqmJm_fdLN0GcsLQyngV3pS0a8emGGkfq90Zjc-AIKVknwwGSd6lDgYUieEePGb3RUDB8S6bP1SmftHixBOC4EW5BgFafo8jbGhDqYijIW-mKa0bGAGRKJkaenyIA

Rc4gywEeUMf5PRYJlNqmMs-KwQ6lSz1FoTuNF3YwUQaoOJ01Hwl2dTf_n0dv-rVHnkJlH-zPaROy6O7HfB0PsfA_gC8VkIBVahR6QaHFPdP4GscDxqAXlqLY2xNz3VUQLd08a2X4aaIFvhOnA8uQahM

qImTpJBQWPomdjlDjpd6ly8ob0htqUa8pdssSytLuRMAXeO6xiPLMmMoHLXbelYxhaWuSvabEyhEJpaPy76EwvOtYGVLsoeYHY1HcBwDDnVZbBe2g8s8XCyyLXJwTTjEl1NSUTx-0PVPznwMkTyJF0U

Art by Numiyra, Amayonnaise, Marsloll, & Halified Arts

Throughout the centuries that make up Mali’ame history, they have always remained a people of vibrant and diverse personalities, appearances, and beliefs. This fact of life is apparent not only when speaking with individuals of the Wild Faith, but by simply taking a glance in their direction. Paints and tattoos are abundant upon their forms with no one elf looking quite the same as another. Antlers marking one’s face, the head of a dolphin upon another’s bicep, even a fae dragon or feline pattern wrapping the entirety of their arm. 

These tattoos, or as they’re called in the Elven tongue Ilmyumier, carry a vast amount of meaning that vary between wearer to wearer. Some are marked with the intent of being permanent banners of affiliation to their seed family or religious creed, others are signs of reputation or experience in life. 

HDq1DHaTv5SSRvm8n7ZirLS9XMBDgwTnn3g8a2v9PFP-pJdPLMWgOeaMcSI0V4wGJPg2tdenjtvke2BhONSZH4fpMNYwsyci8eG3WmLvPM35j2RaIzeJ1U7XiQ5CGGSIOJ1kSLP7_oOVGm2ZNBOOlTg

The Ilmyumier worn by the members of different seeds are all often based around a singular, base design to identify that person as being part of that seed. The markings are given to members upon their coming of age ceremony or at the end of their trials to join a particular seed. Some notable seed Ilmyumier include that of the Caerme’onn’s stag antlers worn under the eyes or upon the chest, or that of the Arvellon’s autumnal sleeve topped with a wildcat’s head upon the shoulder.

Qd00o20njWvWU60t7grP0jJX5s8f-Q7VLCpO1DeDj9tSWnYf-l7ygqxGIUpmR1Y4syezbVMekD1widvcEwvOhD_kVhTIbjRN0sUoQ17FXJIE8twSQUl051ZSy5ONerpqiuqHXsTKaq_kNTZDFdiFDTc

Not all Ilmyumier are worn as kinship to a specific seed. Some are worn as badges of status or reminders of experience pertaining to memories through life, their own skills or crafts that guide their hands throughout the many centuries of life.  Some may see the head and waves of Hamatsa upon the arm of a healer, or the horns of Cerunnos’ wreathed head upon the cheek or hand of a warrior. They are strong indications of that person’s way of life or their history prior, a proud symbol to speak in place of words.

QT7FrT6i4DXwp0SCQI3yoeiGFy1zKSUvFusmTs1mgpmQEeYQIkvv4JrffTzjMaBb2YD6pWvtclBx2GIQPW2SLyjkcb4-NVYjN88MXpQVwVlMvbOZ73ehOad7HEXDA3tiAUmWRrNO_BPvJHWtCYR6vlw

Fo2YdyMKXWi3khCWmoPRnixp0VanB0H_uaaeRvxidftvx5UJcSLBZPLgIdxUD5SCkdEjNCkA2deGQu0-4jJZQWKfK3A1lb87UxzMhtnvzlNGvYKdbetfeE9dcdeBq_HxEMFGabkPmT_sxfyCdoYCXgY

Crimson hued markings found upon the hand or face of warriors, heralds of the hunt, and the devoted fathers of the Mali’ame. They are meant to emulate the side of nature overseen by Cernunnos, expressing one’s desire to be strong, courageous, and protective of their kin. Typically, they consist of jagged or curving stag’s horns with a bloody looking fade of color.

e9lvKAv2YPLSxMW2BsxSy-HCEHmPMmzlPqHb3LE8lW7vL5UV93w0jScj6bsWruOG30IazsQ5zisETuxsvI20jacglG1ORQuw-tW2llO41-c1Ylu6Ww4CYsiuQru5W4SVb7CdimopJbPhEgKHxoF7l8U

EcCYTUxlCB4OgnIv6br_2BjEN0F2ilLCd2M-8NKYpua2vHY8KnBL7muwGe23YTvEXLtBGQqk6zCie0WcKE4RXmLXRE1dinwmZPmUl_9H1dcZopaUBOri6ttRUfhiUj20oaLQH_iVzlmnahhYLSEjXI0

The teal markings of the Mother that curl and twist like the smooth waters of a river, or grow and wrap like the vines of a floral branch. Those who don this design upon their skin are those who wish to express the gentler side of nature. The desire to grow and nurture, to heal decay and restore that which was lost into something new. Gentle mothers and the most kind of healers are most often seen with this wrapping their hand, or just under their eyes.

-SrkZnf5j1VbkW8JShFAv-HLcPqMNz4e_fefkiW9Fko-92zjtcmU1iMCwvt3HGOV_X7kquWtW5RIr1Sk1Q97-xSuUAKc7G3rPt5UDZyvrsDifPpQN5Fl4_a_9MJBA2Y4upUiN-ONWGDw_cOfqKWwpRE

A5yhZR6N9alqqJQtFlmUlfN4ASXqweDvTI05Pij6soRWFlUNmIb8yJzf_-F1me8tiKtMYSKSu-rIIRbmCGTbG7S_DUwZTEZRwYkkaDzJcUxOQeKozj90orTMoPM-0qxs4-c_hHre3cVLQpUWPE4JcM8

The jaws worn by the most devoted of leaders and mentors  in the Wild Faith, oftentimes offered to those who excel in these matters and proven themselves capable in their role or worthy of recognition for past service to their people. The marking, worn upon the brow like a crown or banded around one’s upper arm, resembles the jagged teeth of a wolf and is intended to express the loyalty to one’s kin and traditions.

topLnbdBnLPJYX5dQXxrFVwhmXLAX_ZaUla-y_3tDnPJS7A6xQzt74yskV2UetN6aDnCs6pf8pEAX5MP4atuIYhqAR_XEXoKYpjpxF2giagc3hvOdf7sZjkEwLPXa6lF0dQzC8Ic4yqFTBqSpO7gqnM

cO3Opf1lk1YZt1QlEnjMN2CIAUvH7-L_gckwhvMLpfSko2m5k5np_AHVvzMCVtzgBw5rgrhy6q2_Q3F_UmMMrDhS94-3AdXHu_NOVYLfayIqfR4OJbiPKEFt5Jr56_pJ4nFbLlBSxeVvVMkeZpUpLr4

Few outside of the culture truly understand the importance of craftsmen to the Wild Faith, yet the thatch design of Meracahe’s Tail serves as a signature badge for those who uphold the crafting skills such as the Tree Singers. One may see blacksmiths wearing the design upon the hand or wrist that wields their hammer, or tailors’ weaving fingers etched with the spring hued green.

0OwBp0iwHAdbFU_fmCCNB34B3syBpV74ghp4KSMZsJaiLOe2yzXikVuLo4gQfTf42QdbPWh_bDK2uzoB1BqjWE5UXbYPkATplfYgfgLC5UtFGwaYdjN62h1yIYztyQDcPhPnLFPvJPds8YffNX74UwU

3XP_gfIjlobPPcRjWVJVzsFhIxu7jcYf5Prze7-9mCYG6L3c3YIZwlgXBK0IZvrwPxsMctCLgFNqNXLfrtv7XNhkAPKNls60_NaBjCtzSOLfspgvMbUsoMGdxNKYOeNhIDiriqsOtFB5x2MgLiPZdI8

While the Mani of Dolphins is typically associated with those devoted to the path of medicine and healing, this ilmyumier ensures that the Mali’ame do not forget her care for the seafarers. Many fishermen, sailors, and riverfolk alike mark themselves with the dorsal of Hamatsa as a blessing for calm waters and bountiful food claims from the waters they forage. It is most often designed as a dolphin breaking the surface of deep blue waters, found upon the arms or legs.

J33M1o7E4O-qxo6nLLBMbK1XOmiBwmawQoFhe0M5Y65GZyC5AUM8yiengTTATgf5IaQ1KFQne226JltZnRijJVakE79FjXh2tlG-kCQ4z6VqVQJOOEHMQ92WqNwvdlf-vko9gNapgfWzXQANrtHArN4

fAWgHPzV3v9xpyZst6mUv6MvNi9YRKjBKyFzd_kxKNZxWHF0RXT11ZCQWPKhiHNj4niM7MakNv6uMoQh8YSyoP2m7Dn6aGqwWQ4YJNUGVOEoD7lQUlrI_P0iONcdaoczuAI6-VdmroU6HyweTgIUkDU

Many believe the Snake to be the patron of sinners and cutthroats, yet the truth is in fact the opposite and this ilmyumier serves to embody that reminder. The grip of Siss’siru appears as an ouroboros design upon the wrist or around one’s neck, a snake with red, poisoned fangs biting its own tail. The meaning of this marking varies between those who carry it. For some, it is a branded reminder of wrong-doing. For others, it is a symbol of rebirth and redemption. 

oxvxRFhkx8ePdDf1LQs-3t7RWr44Jn9byzLSD_Yuvv73-ySFTzlgIwiGvw_gLRxySJI9tuHH2bEVQYa0BznQKzEbu_nvXVIIE1Jq79rQtR168osMYVA9c6K2q5h3AD0r2ypfZMv5Xs8r3eB-zsNEHVo

sbDvjT6TAmmIjTiNLp8f9C8vrhUs8A6EGUHRpwRs1sYc_m89owdQn5N5DtA4ny6JjSBEIuhXIxduguEap20P6sSzwGpAQJKi1puo5IkpB7UyMwZa31T3qmdlkeFgXXEl6uQnrnlbuPK4wREmGUvotvw

For the scholars and studious seekers of knowledge, the crest of Ohowaki is the badge of intelligence and history. Found upon the back of one’s neck or along their hands, many Mali’ame who frequent libraries, constantly scour the world’s tales for information, or serve as teachers of history wear the marking to show their devotion to the path of knowledge.

ij5anehYYb8deqRqtCdRfDTCyrU4Ub3ECFzXsQ-UlE7EbWKNHeJcfGbhgRTwyZgmnjtjb3aqqIEb0wwWDt3j7jtFK9nmMFrLC5VYx2CBGNyjrGGVxrGZpugiyZp_A_ASVgn3NEZXSnsm2TnlfGqi6jg

SYB-Ypd_UKzdt9gmXpm1xqZ-PaCiOZWDhD62OghRoyLWg5pJt1XjeJvUOKaxiatWxhAAGtpNzwjj3BK2tCbuElB6iPDPHNE9ZP3S0O3cCBkqW98_4kc2nQWH487sS1tZ4nK2QgzlI7ZgbySFXDdM2Hs

To the free artists and explorers go the wings of the Raven herself. The black and red image of a raven can be found upon one’s back, chest, or under the eyes. Many don this marking upon themselves as a means of instilling good luck toward their artistry or to bless their hands and hearts with the ability to create beauties unseen.

Why was my art used on this post without my permission? It doesn't even show an Ilmyumier on it, so it doesn't make any sense? I would have provided art of an actual ilmyumier at the time if you had asked, so I am certain I did not give permission.

1 hour ago, Amayonnaise said:

Why was my art used on this post without my permission?

Doubled. Why is my art - that was a commission for someone - used on this post when neither I nor my customer approved of it?