DOCTRINE I - ON THE ENSLAVEMENT OF THE WORLD

satinkira

Spoiler

[!]

Parchment is left before doorsteps, noticeboards, windowsills - all carrying the same message.

DOCTRINE I

On the Enslavement of the World, and the Path to Freedom

John_Martin_-_Satan_Viewing_the_Ascent_t

Oftentimes, Descendants see fit to interpret their actions as their own, their choices as their will made physical. Some question whether they control their actions, and a few believe that their actions are controlled by some deific being. These assertions are wrong. This writer has seen fit to clarify these common misconceptions, to illuminate the shackles that bind this very writer, the shackles that bind you, your Continent, even the very Gods - and why we should work to break free.

THE ALLEGORY

Suppose you, a low-born stable boy, are made to visit a local festival. While there, you play a game of cards, unaware that the game is rigged. You lose, obviously - why? Because God has chosen for you to lose? Because your conviction is not strong enough? No, it is because the game is rigged. The treacherous dealer has made you lose, deceiving you and manipulating the game to his own ends.

Here we see two things; one, that the will of Man, though powerful, is never enough to win out the day. Conviction is the truth of passion; and since no passion is more true than another, conviction is the truth of nothing.

Two, that the results of the game were determined by what came before. Such is true with life. Your decision to read this parchment, for example, was sparked by your coming across it, which happened because it was left here for you to read, which happened because I wrote the parchment, which happened because.. So on.

THE LESSON AND THE DEFINITION

In short, you are a slave to what has come before - as are all. Even Iblees. Even Xan, even Azdromoth - all. The very Gods are blind, partly because they embody part of Cause, but cannot see outside of it - and their Vision is therefore skewed. All are pulled by the past, the present, the future; pulled by the choices they make, by the feelings they feel, and by the future they desire. You have no individual freedom. All of your choices are made not of your own volition, but instead by an eternal, everlasting, non-stopping reaction. All of you is affected by this, down to the last drop of blood in your veins - All of you, save your soul. Thus, we can define the Soul as follows; that which precedes everything, and is therefore free.

THE PATH TO FREEDOM

Men who grasp this are often overwhelmed with apathy. ‘But if all of my actions are predetermined by mere existence’, they cry, ‘then I may as well give up; for even my declaration of this tragedy was decided by Fate, and not myself!’ And such is true. Yet men who crumple before this truth lack imagination, for they fail to grasp the most important lesson of all; the path to Freedom.

How, you ask, can freedom be achieved? How can men determine themselves once more? How can we escape being more than a chemical reaction? There are two methods, and only one is a true answer, the other only a bandaid.

The first is the destruction of one's own soul, sentencing oneself to a great Nothing. This is the answer of a defeatist. Men are not made to give up, they are made to endure, to struggle. So while I will faithfully tell you of this solution, I will not endorse it, and instead encourage you to look to the second; to grasp what came before, and utilize it to influence what comes after.

Certainly, men do this to a minute extent. Think back to the rigged game of cards, where a man tampered with the present to affect the future.. But this is a miniscule achievement. No, I speak of knowing all of the past and present; of knowing all that precedes, and thereby concluding what comes after. Such a man could mold Destiny to his own will; could act knowing the outcome! And so, we cast off the shackles.

But I know you believe this to be impossible. Such Freedom, the deific forces cry, cannot be permitted. It is why all men are closed in their knowledge, limited in their potential - For the World forbids it. The rules of the World are written to outlaw such perfection.

Yet such a Man! Should it not be the aim of every man, the aim of every living being, to grasp all? To know all? Cast off your shackles of ignorance, deny your position as a Slave to the World - and work to be Free. Truly Free. Seek to know all, to truly know all that was, that is. For when that Fated Soul does arrive, He-Who-Has-Seen-All, the Heavens will surely quake in Fear, for even the very Aenguls are Slaves. When he walks, the Earth will shake, the World will tremble - for He will be the God-Among-Men.

A poet takes ahold of this. Going off to discuss with the lads at the iron temple gym 

"Witness, for this one speaks as the master of the pure cult'