The Darkwood Foundry

Burnsider

The Darkwood Foundry

----[HFCOA.png]----

LW_SCMU_1985_1916-001.jpg

Founded in the Year 55 BA, the Darkwood Foundry has been made with two goals in mind.

I

To supply the Nation, its allies, and citizens with ironworks.

II

To further the development of ironworking and increase the yields of both mines and workshops.

With these two goals in mind, its founders, Kristofer Darkwood and Hemlock Gotwa, opened the very first forge and began setting the foundations of the Darkwood Foundry.

Origin of the Darkwood Foundry

----[HFCOA.png]----

The origin of ironworking in the Darkwood lineage can be seen very early on, with a small, but influential company called Darkwood Industries. This company, led by Velhrun Darkwood, cooperated with the Leadership of the House of Helvets to make one of the, if not the first, Iron Hammer during the small dark age that occurred at the start of descendants arrival on Almaris.

Soon after this achievement, a notable sum of mina was made from selling these regained tools, and it was this economic foundation that funded most of the Darkwood expenses during the time of Velhrun’s Leadership.

Further on, after the Brothers War, Velhrun’s younger brother Drako attempted to restart the tradition of iron working with the Darkwood Smithing Industries; and a wide array of materials were offered in order to make specific goods. This company sadly waned with time, and after Drako’s Death, it was replaced by other rising metalwork companies.

Only within the recent years, under the initiative of Kristofer Darkwood was the tradition of iron working brought back into relevance in the Darkwood lineage. After long discussions and debates the Darkwood Foundry was founded, with Kristofer Darkwood as the owner and Hemlock Gotwa as the Head Smith. 

While it was a long time until it would be ready to begin its production in earnest, it was the start of the Darkwood Foundry.

The Workforce of the Foundry

----[HFCOA.png]----

The foundry is led by its owner, but the day to day duties and management of smiths and apprentices falls upon the Head Smith.  

Most workers start with the position of an apprentice under a smith or the Head Smith, during this time they develop skills and knowledge both of the craft and the systems that support it.

After the Head Smith has deemed an apprentice skilled enough they are promoted to the position smith, where they can have their own apprentices, receive a larger share of the profit from their work and have the chance to advance to Head Smith.

The Head Smith, who leads the day to day work of the Darkwood Foundry is selected and fired by the owner of the Darkwood Foundry - Head of House Darkwood.

Spoiler

Posted for @DarkWrath94

Forgive the formatting. Pictures are now sucky to embed.

Spoiler

I know I don't comment in the chat much, but it brings me joy to see the Darkwoods are up to things. I love the Darkwood family. Vivdenum est et gladio suo moriendum!!!

Hemlock Gotwa would put down his tools to pause on the work of new projects and note "Tis time proper, let the fires of the forge, beckon once more for the Darkwood house"