The Legion of Urguan

PJTips.

-TSi8JXdcWFnrFCUiYih9lhgOPX8fWXMYXzoi8wi4Vcv5UYuyN6KwKqj3Ik1Tg3Uqxb13jRHoDTXDyREctrLxp79ZmNyoCLQvuhNnlZ22Skr54qJzoGjnD6fRsb0OmLrErkAQXhP

THE LEGION OF URGUAN

ᛏᚺᛖ ᛚᛖᚷᛟᚾ ᛟᚠ ᚢᚱᚷᚢᚨᚾ

The sole purpose of the Legion of Urguan is to protect and serve the Grand Kingdom of Urguan. 

It is the main military force underneath the Grand Kingdom, and also one of the most prestigious and oldest military guilds. 

The Legion is known for its notable order and discipline, excessive training and precise execution.

dcUfboP0eyE9H04OedYQ9ivcQkQbOFmhzGOKdVq4C80c_VkqWukM2as8lEo2bt_lIbXNsHl7IQC1TK6_ObrJ8kIgCbAk8XxUSmxSF1iNq6gh1YZuUoWwAuzSJ31WN8DcxXooE-QL

RANKS

GRAND MARSHAL
The Grand Marshal is the disciplined and experienced leader of The Legion, second only to the Grand King himself. He is expected to be the Grand leader all the legionnaires and dwarves look up to. He shall lead with courage and gallantry and shall be devoid of any cowardice. Disobeying the Grand Marshal is to be considered a terrible insult to the experience he has gathered.

COMMANDER
The Commanders of the Legion are the most confident, brave and cunning Legates handpicked by the Grand Marshal himself. To be promoted to the Commander rank is the highest honour. There shall be no more than two commanders at any given time. They are considered the Grand Marshal’s right hand men, and are the ones in charge if the Grand Marshal is absent. They are to be in charge of running their own training and events for the Legion, and are fully trusted to host them on their own.

LEGATE
Legates are considered to be the true core of the Legion. True warriors that are dedicated to the Legion and that have sworn their oath to it.

They have been trained to the point of competency in their position and are hardened warriors. These legionnaires are expected to carry themselves with more composure and dedication then the Grunts below them, and should carry a presence that is not to be trifled with.

GRUNT
Grunt is the beginning rank of the Legion, any dwarf can sign up and start their journey through the ranks as a Grunt. They will be trained in combat and discipline, leading to a quick experience as to how true Legion life will be.

Once competent enough in listening to orders, combat and discipline Grunts will be promoted to the Legate after swearing their oath.

One must be a Grunt for at least three stone weeks before becoming eligible for promotion. 

QUARTERMASTER

The Legion’s Quartermasters are crucial in ensuring all Legionnaires are sufficiently equipped and fed, ensuring that the legion is in a state of readiness at all times    

It is the only non-combative role within the ranks,

LONGBEARD
Longbeards are retired Legionnaires; proven soldiers and are amongst the most experienced and disciplined within the legion. Former officers or those who have held the Longbeard rank and above within the legion can retain this rank and if they decide to re-join the legion they will be entitled to the rank of Legate. 

FORMATIONS

CjQW2xO5wu1T-7RaIoHboQ-IGAvf5mR3bIRk_iMJfYwLGhDHqU7rf-CQ7n8TjdahLwPsq1zFUqK_Di2gbScqCjgqYfH2JlhFsmsjaN9jn1EwOtP56GojM9u4iNZDkVm948G79_SV

Vel

- Vertical line.

- Formation always has the leader in front

- Line must not pass leader or break form during march

- Not default stance when inactive

Dree Vel

- Multiple vertical lines.

- May be default stance when inactive if numbers exceed 8 soldiers

- Continues going down in rows to accompany all soldiers

Aemiz

- Horizontal line

- Row will not be used during march

- Default stance when inactive if number is less than 8 soldiers

Tekom

- Box

- Formation has leader in the center

- Important individuals will be hosted on the inside

- Rarely used during march due to difficulty to maintain

- Not default stance when inactive

Thrimmek

- Arrow Head

- Formation has leader in the centre

- Is shaped like an arrow head

- Officers form the outer points of the crescent

- Used to absorb charges, primarily infantry charges

LEGION BENEFITS

Being a member of the Legion is considered to be a full time profession, as such Legionnaires are rewarded handsomely. 

EQUIPMENT
All Legionnaires will be equipped with the finest dwarven armour and weaponry. Furthermore, they will have access to an abundance of food. A member of the Legion is entitled to keep whatever ‘spoils of war’ are obtained during battle.

BARRACKS 
 A new recruit may gain free housing within the barracks indefinitely should they stay active within the ranks, the recruit that partakes in this bonus will lose their lodging after purchasing a home of any type within the capital or in the kingdom’s surrounding
lands.

PAY
The commanding ranks of the Legion are expected to be grateful for the chance to lead the Legion, and are given no pay.

Pay is as follows -

Legate : 50 Mina per year.
Grunt: 30 Mina per year.

Quartermaster: 30 Mina per year.

REQUIREMENTS

In order to swear the Legionnaire’s Oath, you must pass the following requirements:

One must be at least fifty years old

One must be a dwarf or dwarven creation

One must not be an Ironborn

One is expected to have a good grasp of Urguanic Law
One must commit wholly to the Legion, and be a part of no other guilds. 

THE LEGIONNAIRE’S OATH

Upon serving loyally as a grunt for at least 2 stone weeks, one can be chosen to become a Legate. Upon such day, the Grunt must swear the following oath. 

Step forward, grunt [“Grunt’s Name”], and swear by the Brathmordakin, the names of your ancestors, and your own honor an unbreakable oath the following:

I swear to follow my superior officers wherever they may lead me.
I swear to obey orders with enthusiasm and without question. 
I swear to serve under the standard of the Legion with honour.
I swear to serve Urguan faithfully, to lay down my life to protect it if need be.
I swear to respect the law with regards to civilians and my comrade in arms.
 I swear to follow the Legion
“Congratulations. You are now a true Legionnaire.”

MM_-MVnjBU1ASRpTq4Re74UWcfqUVpHjdb2HAyZ_hx6ZSg0DjnQNYd0Zux8eE1EQGQvBIjgefphFI4bWKEiuuBaj599j1aZssMyqIkGep0ue0DaaG1aVAL83sIGEmZO2onr9HzkpMi7ZlqzvJwE

ENLISTMENT
To join the legion, fill out the form below:

Application Form

Edited by PJTips.