[Prophecy] All in Vain?

squakhawk

Line Dividers Without Background

11b986d54d7240f1b3ee47c6a397eb00.jpeg

History — Garden Club of Mount Desert

Dreams invaded the mind of the undefended, defenses down as those vulnerable to prophecy were given a dream.

The goal of your life, short or long as it was; was always something you had wished for. A goal that you had dreamed since the day you could begin to remember them. A lust for power, a quest for purpose, a desire for wealth, to each their own; but your quest was your own, and every action taken in your life would stop at nothing to acquire that dream.

But a voice came down, a heavenly body speaking to yourself as it spoke aloud;

Your dreams are my dreams too.

A double-entendre, maybe? There seemed no emphasis on if this voice was relational, or instead commanding.

You moved on in your sleep, anyways. As quickly as that dream ended, another began.

You stood at the precipice of fate, the shepherd awaiting to bring you that of your greatest desire. Everything you had ever wanted before you; undefended, unblocked, unhidden. All it took was to reach out and take it. But you hesitated- why did you hesitate? Conflict stirred your heart as you thought further and further.

This is everything I wanted, was it not?

You hesitated further. You felt a tug; one from beyond yourself, familiar, and yet so foreign. You'd felt this presence. It forced your hand. You reached out.

And suddenly, there was nothing.

Then you woke up.

Spoiler

Huge thank you to everyone both participating and helping host the Naga eventline so far. I hope you guys are enjoying it 😊

Ember awoke on top of her papers and books. She placed her hands on her face as she BASHED the table with all her strength- combining with her fury, her disappointment in herself.  There are no limits to her capabilities… yet that was not the case for herself.

a vase flew out the window as a roaring feminine scream echoed through the Morning dawn Sub city. 

As the sun grew over

”my only limit is me…why why WHYYYYY!!!!”