TRANSCRIPT OF DUMA 500 E.S.

Office of the Lord Speaker

TRANSCRIPT FROM 500 E.S.

XLV SESSION OF THE KING’S DUMA

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w
FROM  THE OFFICE OF LORD SPEAKER

DUMA OF 9 TOV and YERMEY, 500E.S

RECORDED AND ANNOTATED BY HIS LORDSHIP HENRIK AMADOR

IN ATTENDANCE:

ValwyckHis Excellency, Ser Arthur Gant

Vidaus: His Excellency, Viktor var Ruthern

Reinmar: His Excellency, Manfred Barclay

Otistadt His Excellency, Otto Ludovar, Lord Speaker

Malkovya : The Right Honorable Anabel Colborn, Lady Auditor

Novkursain : The Honorable Ser Walter Weiss

Koravia : Lady Gwenyth Vilac (REPRESENTING)

Verskaya : Her Ladyship Alyona Godunov

Mondstadt His Lordship Henrik Amador, Scribe of the Royal Duma

Alderman Blackwood-Weiss

Alderman Petrovich, Lord Handler

His Excellency, Ser Audo Weiss, Knight Paramount; testifying

Amleth var der Grendok, Armiger of Staff

IN ABSENCE:

Thurant : Absent

Alderman Rayne : Absent

Valwyck : LATE

SESSION CALLED TO ORDER

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Before I start with my planned agenda.  

AMLETH v.d GRENDOK:  Only three are absent. 

TIMOFEI PETROVICH: It's a Miracle!  

HENRIK AMADOR:  Sigismund's blessing, surely.  

[Lady Palatine Roslin Baruch departs.]

OTTO LUDOVAR:  A prayer led by Fr. Amleth Grendok.  Please stand, and bow your head for the prayer.  

AMLETH v.d GRENDOK: For the opening of session, we shall recite the Prayer of Saint Adrian, Patron of Chancellors, Lawspeakers, and Representatives.  

O Glorious St. Adrian, Patron of Statesmen, Chancellors, and Lawyers,  

Your Life of prayer and penance and your zeal for justice, integrity and firm principle in public and family life led you to the path of martyrdom and sainthood.  

Intercede for our fellow Peers and Lords, our Chancellor and our King, that they may be courageous and effective in their defense and promotion for the sanctity of human life, that they may deny all unholy deeds and see to the protection of our realm.  

Amen.

[The gathered, standing or assisted, return the Amen call.]

You may be seated.  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  With only ten boyars present, I will remind the chamber that the majority set for this session is six. Lady Auditor.  

ANABEL COLBORN:  Da, Speaker?  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  If you would begin the proceedings for your inquiry of Ser Audo.  

ANABEL COLBORN: In my capacity as the Lady Auditor of the Royal Duma, I hereby summon ve Kossarowain [c. Knight Paramount] Ser Audo Weiss, if he could step forwards please.  

A brief diversion as an apple pastry is passed from Amleth Grendok to Lord Speaker; the pastry falls; related exclamations irrelevant to record and struck. 

ANABEL COLBORN:  A pleasure to see you again, Ser Audo.   I have a few questions to ask of you, in relation to the Knightly Orders, however I also gather that the Duma wishes to address the missive written by Lord Andrik Ruthern.

AUDO WEISS:  A pleasure to see you too, Auditor. If you would, he still does bear the titleage of Ser. I've little to say on the matter, for I consider it clear once looked at beyond a single perspective. However, I do wish to preface that the duel denied was based upon the actions he took of striking another knight's squire at the table. Ask what you will.  

VIKTOR v. RUTHERN:  You ought have accepted it.  

MANFRED BARCLAY: Good taste. Shame it landed on the floor [of the aforementioned apple pastry, presumed].

ANABEL COLBORN:  Did I say Lord? My mistake - there are so many of these young Ruthern lords these days, it is easy to forget.  

VIKTOR v. RUTHERN: Whose squire?  

ANABEL COLBORN: Forlati mik [c. Forgive me], Herzen Ruthern - I shall open for questions from the hall later.  

AUDO WEISS:  I believe a deeper look is required, niet all duels are proposed on honorable grounds - there is little honor to regain in the matter. I've largely found that Ser Andrik has used duels to avoid correction, rather than to follow our traditions. - And the squire of Ser Mikolaj, Rickard. 

ANABEL COLBORN: Unfortunately Ser Andrik is unable to be here today as he is attending to important business, however he asked that I ask you some questions, Ser Audo. If a Knight Paramount refuses a duel from one of their knights, what example does this set to the honourable populace, squires, and other knights?  

WALTER WEISS: Perhaps then the example should be to duel for the right reasons.  Striking a squire then asking to duel when you're rightfully chastised is nie grounds for honor.

AUDO WEISS:  A knight requires discernment along with other attributes. We should niet permit belligerence, nor the wanton disregard for the formality of a duel.  

VIKTOR v. RUTHERN: The duel was issued for insult to his character, and questioning of his loyalty to the realm. As Ser Andrik said in his letter.  'Nie true knight upon this table' and such.  

ANABEL COLBORN:  I understand that the hall is eager to question the Paramount; however, you will get your opportunity. 

WALTER WEISS:  Because striking a squire that is not yours is an insult to his character, done upon him by his own hand. I fail to see how the responsibility falls upon Audo.  

ANABEL COLBORN: I see, skrali [c. Thank you]. The missive published detailing the incident also describes that you have been accused of cowardice in the past. Do you have any comments on this?  

[Ser Arthur Gant arrives for Valwyck.]

AUDO WEISS:  The duel was issued because he was told his actions had dishonored the table by striking another's squire - at least, he referred to such dishonor when returning through the doors. When I proposed to treat him as an equal at  the table, he insisted he instead had no seat and that his presence there was merely of guestship - something I've not considered him until he decided such of his own volition. I take no joy in the way his status was treated.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH [to Ser Arthur]: Your Excellency, you here to represent your wife?  

ARTHUR GANT: Have a guess.  

ANABEL COLBORN: Surely cowardice is nej trait for a Knight Paramount to display?  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH: I guess niet.

AUDO WEISS:  I do have comment: the delay he speaks of is my inquiry as to his reason for a duel. I find that taking the proper course is important, and I sternly disagreed with his stance. I find, rather, I was not permitted proper course. There were no seconds, nor discussions. There was nie seeking of satisfaction and he insisted on insulting me throughout.  

AUDO WEISS:  There is nie cowardice in requesting understanding, nor in not resorting to wanton violence.

ARTHUR GANT: You have refused my challenges as well, Ser Audo.  

AUDO WEISS:  Actually, I never heard yours.  

ARTHUR GANT: I think you did. I threatened to kill you when you refused and you walked off.

AUDO WEISS:  That's niet a challenge - that's a threat.  

ARTHUR GANT: It was, aye. But I challenged you first.  

ANABEL COLBORN: Spasiba, Ser Audo. If the hall has further questions on this matter, it may wait until the end.  I wish to move on to discuss your plans for the Knight Orders in the near and further future.  

KNIGHT, FROM POSTED GUARD: I apologize, but, may I serve as a witness for the situation? I will try to explain what I saw as objectively as I can. Even though I admit as a former squire I might have some bias, but I will try my best to stay objective.  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Next boyar who speaks out of turn will be removed.  

AUDO WEISS:   If I recall, you came to my home when I was not present. If that is your proposal of the duel, then nie, Ser Arthur, I never heard it. The next I heard you proclaimed you would have dueled, but you had dropped it.  

ARTHUR GANT: I challenged you in the barracks. If you seek to call me a liar, I'll duel you in this [expletive] hall. - The good Lord Speaker's requested your silence. Shut your mouth.  

AUDO WEISS:   Then I request proper process for the matter with seconds, Ser. I heard you wishes to speak to me alone; we never found time to meet, and you had dropped the duel by the time we got to speak. You never ushered[sic] a word of challenge. So if you so seek it - ai, we'll duel - and we'll do it right. 

ANABEL COLBORN: If we could avoid inciting a riot in the hall, Ser Audo. I wish to hear about any reforms you have in mind for the Knightly Orders.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH: There will be no dueling interrupting this very session, Lord Marshal. Let us continue on with the questioning.  

ALYONA GODUNOV:  If none of us are able to speak, I will take my leave. This is unproductive. Dravi, all.  

[Alyona Godunov departs.]

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Leaving your duties is not productive either.  

WALTER WEISS: You can't say a duel won't happen, Lord Handler. My papej has accepted his challenge. That is law.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  It can happen, but not here. His Majesty's Royal Duma shall not be interrupted during schedule.  

ANABEL COLBORN: I have been asked to question you about how you shall combat existing stagnancies within the Knight Orders, if you please - meaning nejt just the repopulation of the knightly table but a reform of its procedures. What say you?  

ARTHUR GANT: Go on and do whatever paperwork you need to do.  

AUDO WEISS:  Ai - well - waking the order up from a slumber is one. We have already undertaken thorough investigation of the bej nikirala [c. endless winter] and have begun investigations into multiple dens of undead. As it stands, the process, too currently lays too vague and requires adjustment. The reputation of the knights within Haense and beyond has also slipped and is a focus of my own - as well as a reverence for our heritage. On this I've already taken to stocking our resources alone, for many years and we are already embarking upon excursions to fight beasts and the like. [to Ser Arthur] Find yourself a second. Meet me afterwards.  

[Ser Arthur departs.]

OTTO LUDOVAR: Mark Valwyck as absent, Lord Handler.  

VIKTOR v. RUTHERN: Will you mark the Godunovs absent as well?  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Ai. 

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  Valwyck, Absent - Verskaya, Absent.  

VIKTOR v. RUTHERN: Dobry, dobry.  

ANABEL COLBORN: Spasiba. In the interests of brevity, Speaker, those are my questions. May we conduct moderated debate on the remainder of the hall's questions for the Paramount?  

WALTER WEISS:  Mamej! I must go in ten minutes! I'll need you to take my seat!

VERONICA WEISS: Ordak.  

ANABEL COLBORN:   Perhaps only a few questions.

VIKTOR v. RUTHERN: I've a mind to see the Ser Arthur ready for his duel, and to work on my castle further. 

[Viktor v. Ruthern departs.]

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Vidaus absent.  We will end questions there.  I will not have my boyars walk over me anymore.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  Very well.  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  You are dismissed, Ser Audo. Roll call, Lord Handler.  

[Reinmar, Otistadt, Malkovya, Novkursain, Koravia, Mondstadt, Alderwoman Blackwood-Weiss, and Lord Handler are present.] 

AMLETH v.d GRENDOK:  We still have quorum. 

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  Eight Present, Lord Speaker - Five have either left their duties or have niet bothered to show at all. We may proceed at your leisure, your Excellency.  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Great- Lord Stafyr asked me to present his bill on his behalf. He was unwell.  

MANFRED BARCLAY:  I wonder what has become of diligence with some.

[Review of the proposed bill by Lord Thondorous Stafyr regarding construction of a door at the entrance to the presently open Duma Hall.]

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Has anyone have any comments?  

MANFRED BARCLAY:  Not quite, the bill seems reasonable to me.  

ANABEL COLBORN: I do not think comments are necessary.  

GWENYTH VILAC:  I’d be fine to vote, really.  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  We will move to a vote.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  Reinmar.  

MANFRED BARCLAY: In favor, I suppose.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  Otistadt.  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Ai.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  Malkoyova.  

ANABEL COLBORN: Da, please.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH: Novkursain Representative.  

VERONICA WEISS:  Si.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  Koravia Representative.  

GWENYTH VILAC: Da.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  Mondstadt.  

HENRIK AMADOR:   Ai for the door. Happy to help put it in, too.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH: Alderman Blackwood-Weiss.  

MARIAN WEISS:  Da.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH: And I vote Da - eight Da's, unanimous.  As long as we can afford these renovations, which I am sure we can, I have nothing to debate.

THE DOOR BILL OF 497

8 - 0 - 0

OTTO LUDOVAR:  I have a bill to present to the floor as well. This bill is aimed to renovate an integral government building; Lord Isaak has pledged to fully fund this venture. I am open to questions and revisions.  

[Review of bill proposal for renovation of Valdev city hall.] 

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  Ah- dobry. The Kongzem surely thanks the Ludovars for the funds, I'm sure.  

MANFRED BARCLAY:  I've a question – what exactly is envisioned with renovating the two Aulic offices within the hall? Do the current ones not suffice?  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  There is a lot of empty space, which could be repurposed.  

ANABEL COLBORN: Provided it actually happens, I think it wise to do this.  I assume that some proposed building plans have been drawn up?  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Individual offices for Kallestans would be a good change. We will draft plans if this bill is assented.  

MANFRED BARCLAY:  Think we're as good as ready to vote.  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Then we will vote. - Reinmar.  

MANFRED BARCLAY:   In favor.  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Otistadt votes in favor.  Malkoyova.  

ANABEL COLBORN: Da!  

OTTO LUDOVAR: Novkursain.  

VERONICA WEISS:  Si.  

OTTO LUDOVAR:  Koravia.  

GWENYTH VILAC:  Da.  

OTTO LUDOVAR: Mondstadt.  

HENRIK AMADOR:  Aye.  

OTTO LUDOVAR: Alderman Blackwood-Weiss.  

MARIAN WEISS:  Da.  

OTTO LUDOVAR: Lord Handler Petrovich.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  Da.  

RECONSTRUCTION OF CITY HALL

8 - 0 - 0

OTTO LUDOVAR:  The bill is passed. With no more on the agenda, I motion to end this session.  

TIMOFEI PETROVICH:  I second.

OTTO LUDOVAR:  GODAN bless and see you at our next session.