Filling out a CA

Turbo_Dog

Lately and in the past I’ve seen a bit of confusion on first time CA players ranging in variety. This guide is meant to help you understand how to properly fill out a Creature Application for the server.

What is a CA?: A CA or Creature Application is a forum application that is necessary to play non-descendant races or creations such as Musin, Machine spirits, undead, and more. When applying it is vital to read the lore to fill the application out properly and roleplaying their abilities, weaknesses, and strengths.

Filling out the application in order:

MC Name: Put your Minecraft Username here

Character's Name: Put the name in of the soon to be persona here

Character's Age: Put the age of the persona, if they are just created such as a automaton then putting 0 or 1 is a valid number 

Character's Original Race (N/A if not applicable): This is only applicable for if the persona was turning into a creature application race such as undead, machine spirit, etc. In this case then put the race they were before the transformation happened. If it is a “natural” CA such as Musin or Kha then this is not the section for it. 

Transformed form: This goes directly with the Original Race section above. What creature are you applying for? Put that here. This is also used for “natural” CAs such as Musin and Kha

Creator's MC Name: This is NOT for the author of the lore post of a creature. This is for who in game created you. All involved in your creation must comment in the comments of the CA with a link to their appropriate application that allowed for you to be created. 

Creator's RP Name: The Roleplay names of those who created you must be listed here.

Briefly explain the lore behind this construct or creature: This is where many people stumble. This is for the lore of the whole creature race this is not your personal backstory section. This is the biggest part of the application as you must read the lore and in your own words write out a brief explanation of the lore. “Brief” can be classified as 1 paragraph or more just as long as it is clear that you understand the lore. Be sure to include physical descriptions of the creature in question like height ranges, colors they can come in, strengths, weaknesses, abilities, and other attributes that they have.

this construct or creature has some form of aesthetic choice, can you describe how they look?: Description of how your character will look. Such as cloths, height, appendages and other features.

Do you have a magic(s) you are dropping due to this app? If so, link it: If you have transformed into a CA that you can no longer hold a magic on then put the link to your magic app (MA) here and it will be dropped on acceptance of the CA.

Do you agree to keep Story writers updated on the status of your magic app?: Just as it says, if you have a certain magic and are asked about it or have questions then contact ST in regard to such. Simple yes or no.

Are you aware that if this creature is shelved, your character may be given the option to revert or be indefinitely shelved?: Just as it says. CAs sometimes have a sad ending where the whole race is shelved. You can if you were transformed into the creature be reverted back in this scenario or be shelved meaning the character is unplayable. Simple yes or no.

Memey RP or using this CA for subpar villain/bandit RP can lead to your app being denied, even after acceptance. Please put "I understand" as your response once you have read this part and understand the consequences. Put “I understand” here. If you deny this then your CA will be denied as this hold you the player responsible as you have agreed to this term.

Have you applied for this creature on this character before, and had it denied? If so, link the app: If you have applied to be the creature you are applying for before and the application for it was denied then copy and paste the link to the denied CA here.

Well that is it. I do hope this helped you if you are in a bit of a fix writing your Creature Application. Best wishes future creature!

I wish this guide existed when I filled out mine. Some great tips here that answered a lot of the questions I had.

Thank you!