THE JULIYAFEST JOTTINGS

The Esrova Court

──────────────🜂──────────────

ToSLj61e3lK42DR8mWB3SXgT79IvoSQupwhFNLIPzO2s5eGxFHG-XAcyy3UvjJomab5rXyKB-aP4_fQMJ9uBQC2Ykxx0XS8RlBRb0XcvOl_KlOSxKX80sVq77K0nGoA7TK84Tgs9VtD-hEGLOvWW4NM

kzZJqfz1KMezCZe5RPHRtT6aN8OW8oloqUkvbrBQn-c6I8neF580osEBikvRaBKsY0ILsZ8TVSIn4XoeJ0l5KHAIOZp224upaB2gpIkh9HISDSTdfC3YxoGpLnEoacOc43oL9mSwJ5cTiuA8GuZXDek

A COLUMN ON THE OCCURRENCES 

OF THE JULIYAFEST SEASON

nQlvK81jg6p52G_LLohEuWY_bbMAnWfNTJl-fV5KXpjSVf7VLoiKIG9Z0mRsYGO52lRTXP57Wgxv-OU3Dbp_4DarYzOiJROmPNCHzf7S3jRrVqZK-5LXaJe9OhSIoV8KZ4tLV73G5uS18ghWeU09VNc

DTymAIfzX_B08frxHXdnuheBIasuD8Zme14qb1quoWRCuTR4g34gtqrdKOe5qaAuEQAx2E5w6S7_57HzlWu84WII1rVZyiKMj25c_Dr9ZF8qfSHtbrw2-_9VI1XGEeT0KxsZHAeS4Uww6fcNvfNyNew

ISSUED BY THE

r6z3YjwDsug4yzgYvr2eEjJFjaODYsZA6mG_yY-eL6IUQ41ROpMaI35PkLfWQxc8Qydjs9PBHHncRV0K2CznX4HbNHKbKGHOTxH-8khMRgaGRB9s3z67AIJaAFFrNw1uv8G7-uaze75ZA2nnoJ-qJ6U

ON THIS 22nd DAY OF TOV AG YERMEY OF 504 E.S. 

s7qCNzdSYAUZUFttSBqjZPgKmH8QT7i__On8M3g4ypUPkBdt2LIiXUW0jX-0W4sQ8QDs_3awmtoWw_CQkPg0P8BuiZqJr7U_jdeSukui8LtZCfjwx3RYk2eGby1gWPJYFtbLCnY7BorkX46i9G6TNKI

THE JULIYAFEST, WHICH OCCURRED just one year ago, has emerged as a living testament to the unbreakable bonds that bind the people of our Kingdom. Amidst the lively laughter and spirited dances, the festival became a significant display of Haeseni unity, a manifestation of the collective strength that defines us.

Friendship flourished amidst the bustling festivities. The air was filled with the warmth of camaraderie, as old acquaintances rekindled their connections and new friendships blossomed like the vibrant flowers that adorned the celebratory spaces. Yet, it was love, the beating heart of any thriving people, that Saint Juliya smiled upon during the Juliyafest. Still, the success of the festival lied in its ability to unify the Haeseni people whilst demonstrating the essence of Haeseni identity through cultural practices and colorful celebrations. 

I

4ezwHdva6bmB2y33xUw35lCvBUsiDRttCVJzBgxR6YPDtjGlQ-PqcIkuvDldylR8zDPnijMMfV8TI2jof_w_ZbY3bDjPmUwqnm4zqXjey7Zw3f11pANT6X3IA677tphkqQ5iMjZ5zagdrFsfb_-aOGc

5BZPufeX8zrVOItZ7uPNXz_m0e7mnR2xDBc57GfKv53u5k3mUz7wbcDawnALYPJjgntgWdnJr8uqX_vnl_inG1I9HYguZZJuUaju_rZjf_ve3nR00cuLLrZ54N1GrfLsUPtL8eXqde64MoEAasfbHz8

Two young lovers court at the Juliyafest ball.

NEW & OLD

This Juliyafest season heralded a period of great change and growth in Haeseni fashion. Attendees dressed (in unprecedented numbers) in handmade couture designs, representing a vast range of cultures, histories, and senses of fashion. 

My personal highlight of the festival was LADY LUDVIKA LUDOVAR’s ball dress, which featured a beautifully sewn sarafan-style gown, worn without the traditional white undershirt. Instead, Lady Ludvika draped herself in an exquisite deer pelt. The style was avant-garde and completely unique, expertly displaying both Lady Ludvika’s personality and her own personal tastes. Lady Ludvika’s dress was ingenious and new in design, displaying the bright and creative future of Haeseni fashion. 

On the opposite end of the fashion spectrum, and of fashion history, KOENAS AMAYA OF VENZIA arrived at the ball in a traditional Haeseni court gown of white silk, draped with a purple velvet cloak. It was a gown absolutely befitting of a queen, featuring the narrow waist and broad open neckline of early Haeseni fashions. The effortless elegance, beautiful fabric, and precise tailoring cemented this gown as one for the ages. And for me, at least, it provided a new source of inspiration towards the future of the Haeseni wardrobe.

A FESTIVAL OF COLOR

One of my own personal passions (and an upcoming project of mine, stay tuned!) is to restore color to the Haeseni wardrobe. There was once a day where the men and women of Haense wore bright greens and reds, yellows, blues, and violets. Color abounded. In our modern day, many Haeseni prefer more dour, conservative fashions. I have noted, however, a distinct uptick of colorful dress, especially at this year’s Juliyafest.

My personal favorite example was LADY MIKHAILA VAS RUTHERN’s cherry-red ballgown. The gold detailing combined wonderfully with the glittering red silk of the dress, and made her an absolute belle of the ball, in the eyes of this seamstress. The cut of her dress was inventive too, displaying not only good taste in color, but also an eye for diverse and unique fashions. Red was an especially common (and welcome) hue at the Juliyafest ball, and one that suits the Haeseni people well, hearty and warm in its nature. 

HOPE FOR THE FUTURE

It is my utmost wish that these themes continue to prevail in Haeseni fashion; that the Haeseni people continue to innovate with their ideas, drawing from new and old, and that the red flush of mirth rises to the sallow cheeks of the Haeseni populace once more. Let it be so!

GALINA GODUNOV 

🜂

II

RjakQ_MnAeacD_OhqsmGH02A1woCS-0wgc8VyIBSBWZjXkxogf8Xbwaz_oCyiFMl_vaAMTvae0zvK_GG_r-qVnGstS0ugQ7OkdlB7pOmII7W20vVIjeX-Agrbdh5D29I3p6kB919g9ANX45FtQxkRB8

V5ut75C_gdqU28KpOUr3oUlVBhqmS1HtmHJHGJo9qo563Pvy6e-B6oBO5XTho_ofo_g8UeJrA0a6nVhGwiE9XShGZJewi7wm-VyPcHRkXOVFqX_iLaT5QVRH2rb37PU6hz1S3kwP_3bLCUzY1Pydsp8

Throughout the Saint’s week, the festival’s attendees prospered with success. At the inaugural ball, couples were seen partaking in the traditional dances1 of our beloved Kingdom. However, one couple stood out the most, glowing radiantly as they traversed each step of their practiced routine. The duo named the Prides of Paradisus, friends  GALINA GODUNOV and LEONID D’ARKENT KORTREVICH displayed the most practiced and jubilant steps on the ballroom floor; most distinctively, they danced the cultural Haeseni Pulvika (half-step) that gained the Queen’s favor. All in attendance would agree - this pair was the best duo of dancers.

The third eve of festivities began with a paired hunt. The pairs - consisting of couples, friends, and family members - were led into the woods by the esteemed Master of the Hunt, SER MIKHAIL VALKONEN. With one partner blindfolded and equipped with a crossbow, the other partner led the pair through the woods. The hunt yielded three roe and one brown bear - all participants of the hunt successfully contributed to the yield.

The Reznian Hunt was followed by an eve of jousting and melee fighting - the Reznian Tourney. Although many came close to victory, only two competitors reigned superior. Emerging victorious, GAREN BARUCH won the jousting tourney, and DAGFINN won the melee. The duo demonstrated impressive militaristic prowess that certainly made them shine upon the third day of the Juliyafest.

ESMERAY LUCERAN 

1] For additional reading on the cultural dances of the Haeseni, see Haeseni Customs Vol II. [Link]

🜂

III

oOLi27p81edNIuTdMMotQUb3RPQKp_joNn1OhsUayAnYWXEM7MusK-RLWVfGCm8RdEiSLNqsICU1bZA3wk-lk12Rdq1cbU3-SSg_3SAzX-DTCxiyhTnHHmP0T1uleCJkcszjuu0GYabOZdrYscF8Rm4

vGljTEosQ1qCYreFVcuQt5kxZdxtxonKttpp1gpMiMyOcOCWF_7TQYTot2M7dJmxzMXx6s7QYkPFGCq5JGkEsSrDPikUW_dBhO8pLJewziGkqchLn6sY40p8oXtSuRUmHmMdhYfaIWnkRKNFR4RlorE

The success of Juliyafest has left our noble realm basking in the glow of newfound love and promising unions. The air still carries the echoes of celebration, with the joyous matrimony of some and the blossoming courtships of others becoming the heartwarming tales that now weave the fabric of our shared futures. Saint Juliya surely smiles upon these young couples, as the Valdevic Rite of Adulthood - the Holy Juliyafest, has proven to be a catalyst for enduring connections. As I reflect on the multitude of courtships and marriages that have sprouted from the festival, it warms my heart to see Saint Juliya's benevolent influence at work. These couples caught my eye during the celebrations, and I beseech every reader to pray for their happy and fruitful unions. 

PRINCESS EMMA BARBANOV AND HENRIK AMADOR

My cherished daughter, Emma Anastasya, found happiness in the company of Henrik Amador as their courtship commenced during Juliyafest. The radiance of Emma's happiness with her intended was evident, and I can only hope that their love blossoms further  - with her parents’ approval, of course.

PRINCE IVAN BARBANOV AND NATALIYA MOROVAR

Then there is Ivan Aleksandr, my beloved son, and his future Queen, Nataliya Morovar. Their impending wedding, set to unfold in the coming years, fills my heart with pride. Nataliya especially looked captivating at the ball in her pink gown, and it was a refreshing sight to behold them both during the celebrations. 

ROSALIND AND MIKHAIL VALKONEN

My beloved Court Chamberlain, Rosalind Weiss has found her match, Ser Mikhail Valkonen. Engaged during the Juliyafest, their love blossomed and flourished, culminating in a beautiful union that occurred just this Saint’s Day. Rosalind, with her grace and strength, and Mikhail, a valiant Knight and my own Master of the Hunt, have grown into a couple that fills me with pride. 

DIMITRI KORTREVICH AND LILLIAN VON THEONUS

Dimitri Kortrevich and Lillian von Theonus were seen together during the celebrations, presumably in the early stages of courtship. The youthful pair appeared sweet, their connection a promising highlight of the Juliyafest. It warmed my heart to see them together, and I pray their union shall last for years to come.

LUDVIKA LUDOVAR AND LEONID KORTREVICH 

Ludvika Ludovar and Leonid Kortrevich surprised us all with their engagement, which was officialized shortly after the end of the Juliyafest. However, their shared talent for writing promises an intellectually rich partnership that I pray will bring them both prosperity and happiness.

IRENA KORTREVICH AND GABRIEL AMADOR

Gabriel Amador and Irena Kortrevich chose the Juliyafest as the backdrop for their wedding. Irena, resplendent in her Rus-styled gown, and Gabriel, donning a matching suit woven of gold and white thread, made for a stunning couple, and their union was a sight to behold. 

AURELIA STROHEIM AND VIKTOR WEISS

Lastly, it delights me to announce the wedding of Aurelia Stroheim and Viktor Weiss, scheduled to occur this upcoming year. Witnessing the King's approval of their union brought me great joy, and I look forward to celebrating their union in the near future.

AMAYA OF VENZIA

Spoiler

Thank you to esotericas and dramatude for help writing!!

ltPKkLJ82VasxFFXmUc-1rKbXdrRCFL7LU9xkwOEQ9UpOBkS7C4GGM65gFqexZneqiupdqjodlqJE5E-MSFNZRXLPwBZN3oBYSuvyoRVzCk_hd_BuScUwjoP7r2PeTamOA5fzYPgyxfyrrlaNigggzI

Her Royal Majesty, AMAYA OF VENZIA, 

Queen-Consort of Hanseti and Ruska, Princess-Consort of Bihar, Dules, Lahy, Muldav, Solvesborg, Slesvik and Ulgaard, Duchess-Consort of Carnatia, Karosgrad, and Vanaheim, Margravine-Consort of Korstadt, Rothswald, and Vasiland, Countess-Consort of Alban, Alimar, Baranya, Graiswald, Karikhov, Karovia, Kaunas, Kavat, Kovachgrad, Kvasz, Markev, Nenzing, Torun, Toruv, Valdev, and Werdenburg, Viscountess-Consort of Varna, Baroness-Consort of Esenstadt, Kraken’s Watch, Kralta, Krepost, Lorentz, Rytsburg, and Astfield, Lady of the Westfolk, et cetera.

JUOdCJvqhFzVp4-ONnEd_acXQHG2RVoWgI4sEVq0154ITfHI-bAzJ9pdcWRGZ8_DDeF7WFBvBFjMAFgEV-vZnPZOZaIqAIVEIiPwhFsqPZLonR_zwKZbbq_TLBVhMKzQTbim1oSCeXYQWJXosjdcR6Q

Her Ladyship, GALINA GEORGINA ALYOVNA GODUNOV, 

Master of G.O.A.T.s, Head Designer for the Haeseni Ledi Company, President of the Holy Hearts Foundation, Mistress of the Esrova Wardrobe, The Pride of Paradisus.

NDkH5pLSFyMNc7hJ-dBH9hKnfcpmTDsqo371bptJqdOOL1h6fm714LF9nJ9Awqit5WTitFkPv1AMLayyKCFTZRd6mTtlNUvsPN9DjLuajcDCBe_oW8LUd03_S9qSih_RlMDBiPmAK8FDDVUFZRhF-Mc

Firress, ESMERAY LUCERAN,

Royal Scribe of the Esrova Court.

myShX2As3JR5VpLsEta1JZWySbbzdM_8lGaY79JowFEOX4BKC5E19Tqcs6t0h5pRHR5kGPQkrwLUSeu67LDvHl6Pafgo9zwGJaCc9STUu9DOVYGbm7oGKdbmPhqutNzDllMwG5P-7CqOs1jJ9k-4o1M

Edited by The Esrova Court

An aging mother and aunt wipes tears of pride from her eyes… how many she has already shed over her precious son and nephew both finding love! “Ah, Nattie, Alek… look at vyr boy. Vy would be so happy for him,” Liridona spoke aloud with a smile. 

"Wahoo!" Said the young Mistress of the Wardrobe, beaming down upon her article. 

Henrik files the publication in his personal office with a crooked smile, humming a ditty to himself.

Ludvika Ludovar was first very pleased with the missive and then very depressed as she was reminded of her engagement. In an effort to see the light in the dark, she'd rip off the bottom half of the page and keep the rest.