An Aedymamej's Goodbye [PK]

Lirinya

WTvXs8h9hi-UPdjBfVDLpdPYZjfznzLYWSKGHzvCMgqbu4ALltIXYailB5Wqye1AHdJLwgQKxRBRwdvb8Kyyxx0hLsTAZKvideZOuYoQ8LKCS74MXAOhWuqYfGlpRFwJ6brwIN22YuCIFxpR24lmjsI

1350 A.H. - Present

Z_32cjyTpwOAiNYfzSFju_44AUFBxhTxPkipM0fSR_qZRaeM0i8FxEwAWKmFJ77C6aMpPNOqTenIvenKRX1mgpN8NKKhvi6W7zNE6YZoNS70U7gzm4to-OPgvTvjHM0jrTd2vTVGE6718FGwQ_3AaU4

───

From Ashes, We Rise

EST 143 E.S. - Present | 1590 A.H. - Present

⋅ ───⊱༺⠀⠀༻⊰─── ⋅

4th of The Amber Cold, | 159 SA

⋅ ───────────────⊱༺⠀I⠀༻⊰─────────────── ⋅

Another day of snow fell, blanketing the streets of Valdev. 

From within the tower of the Amador house, an aged woman peered out into the streets. She could no longer recall the days where her son had run wild- keen to earn his knighthood or to make friends. She could not recall the events of their temporary home within Failor, and worst of all, she struggled to recall even the most recent days and weeks past.

With a furrowed brow, she took pen to paper, and settled herself within the corner of the tower.

My child, my heart, in this fading light,

I pen these words, a farewell so slight.

Not in sorrow’s shroud or despair’s dismay,

But a gentle nod to the end of the day.

As petals fall from the bloom of time.

Know love endures, transcending the climb.

In the tapestry of moments we’ve spun,

A legacy lingers when my song is done.

Embrace the stars, let their brilliance guide,

In the cosmos' arms, I will peacefully bide.

For life’s brief candle may flicker and wane,

Yet love’s eternal, an undying refrain.

Sterling, my cherished one, as I take my flight,

Hold the echoes of our laughter, so bright.

For in the cadence of our shared lullaby,

I’ll rest in peace, beneath the endless sky.

A wave of calm washed over the aged Amador as she wrote her final few words. A peace she had not felt before- as though she had completed everything she needed.

With one final struggle, she rose to her feet and ambled down to her room. Where she laid her poem down upon the table- and clambered into bed, to sleep for the final time.

Emiliya Amador, mother to Sterling Percy Whitewood.

83 SA - 159 SA

[!] Alongside the poem was another letter, of struggled font, indicative perhaps that it was written close to the woman's passing.

“To my Amador kin.

I have organised my few personal items to be delivered to those who will receive them, along with a few letters to be handed out. What remains of my belongings- the house may do as they please with them. 

I am proud of each and every one of you. Nataliya would be proud of her children, as I am proud of my own.

Your Aedymamej, Emiliya.”

Ser Sterling put on his winter cloak and rode to valdev on his fastest horses, the bitter cold made it hard for tears to form but irregardless they were there in his heart and mind. A flurry of regrets and good memories rushed to his mind, making him unknowingly verbalise the following as he rode:

"There is no mother greater,
for all that was done and said,
I wish I was by your bed,
See you leave for the Creator."

Edited by _RoyalCrafter_

Henrik Amador runs a hand along a childhood blanket, and sighs - a letter to the clergy upon his desk, and a carving-knife for the funeral tree.

E, at least, was easy enough to mark.

Liridona mourned in silence, as she usually did. She prayed for her aunt’s soul, and prepared to don her black gown.

”Rest well, aedymamej… by deserve it,” she uttered within the chapel of Mondstadt.