BEWARE THE SHADOW'S EYE

Spoiler

[!] A public missive is distributed across the snow-laden city of Valdev, nailed to noticeboards and walls that might garner attention.

BEWARE THE SHADOW'S EYE! THE ENEMY TO THE NORTH!

2024-01-30_17.57.59.png?ex=65cc1f7f&is=6

- Screenshot by @Sarven -

To the citizens of Valdev, and the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska,

The bravery of the Haeseni people continues to astound me, showing a willingness to defend their own that is like none I have ever seen. It is because of this that I feel compelled to write this warning, to all those that deign to venture outside of the city's fortified walls and into the surrounding lands. This past saint's day a force of fearless men and women led by the likes of the Grand Prince of Kusoraev, Lord Marshal Kortrevich, and Baron Kovachev repelled a band of would-be besiegers hailing from the North. Cast in shadow and with seemingly-endless forces, it was a hard-fought victory that sadly claimed the life of one of Lord Kovachev's very own bannermen, a levyman named Larsen. With several innocents taken captive in the preceding ambush, I gladly lend what aid I can to the efforts being planned to recover our people and seek justice for the life these villains have already claimed.

Having surveyed the ash-ridden fields following our encounter, I discovered a potential clue to who our foes might be:

A medallion, bearing the engraving of a hand. Within the hand is carved a single eye.

lch11fgJcRgcSXfNEir7Vp9CtwF3xNjzgu9MSEL3WmE-6AIqGTOjJ_wyxmOLCV7IUkqnQkc4GZrsymXl0oqKM_Vs2llQhbQgjsyeb3sp8AFyaBLznlELVTDrsmMDxGsTA0TFHEnSCd71Izf4lEx9BYs

I bid all citizens of the city, remain vigilant and be wary of this symbol. The item itself now rests in the hands of our Lord Marshal, to help piece together the identity of these newfound enemies. I would advise all to report any sightings of this foreboding imagery to the Lord Marshal, a member of the Aulic Council, or the Crown itself.

MAY SAINT TOBIAS' COMET LIGHT YOUR PATH.

Your ever-vigilant servant,
Ioanna of Ba'as

PyGscWm51GlTCQTf0uSgSjEUXELL1Bru-VKlttOuLu15oIwzVtDxmtMeYkEuiIEbi4QnrIb9tN3xjZRXeCPt6fsBpCdVGqoTm_zEmUfVvGDPOvBft4hUlRGnXUs5eYcSfgaAZfvVL3-ejpAagWX1dlg

Spoiler

Thanks to @TheWhiteWolf, @Sarven and any other ST who helped with the event outside of Valdev last night! This is just my character remaining in her public-servant era and wanting to report her own findings, so please look out for much prettier, more-detailed posts that I'm sure will be coming in the future from others!