Royal Decree: Inheritance of Tuvia

xx_oqrPe1sTeYZkuBlM-ZYv6i9eLbVR2824vSsU7fw1G00RfeOi_6rPqqqBKiBLvCpEYAAL79zRf0WLEyzphi5L7eFjBc3PlrBls-IVVDDpC9zYTlSh5MfMcCbK_fSnUGO52GBvSLY4MnGtptTTx09c

Inheritance of Tuvia

B5FybUz94eP65U5xr1rx8cgFrsCj3mgdLBKmirgRIdRQfVAIWxxQi7l8VdvXcGWpBFSbIZBkdq4jL2dK4u6MZW-Wqjbw4PSWGxxqpwUSjiLv9nKlZwzPRQlZok6-MKYP9lnZFje0njbxoXCiLoTlWiA

Issued on 4th of Sigismund’s End, 103 B.A.

LIjYed6wtVMJBFJAHWGKJyCZ5vi6QfAuaKJG01ml9JDoT-jfCBbHHsyHMJjfqGh_O9DOjGjIvmcNd-ZodYeC4GGrmmEDD8Y7HcMITveWb-zpgyLmjYDdwIB7mC7YJdLqmWvfPs91D9wz_rOLqWEK-to

The Kingdom of Balian is in mourning following the news of the sudden death of the Baron of Tuvia, Ezequiel Kervallen. A great young man and spark in the lives of all the Kingdom taken too soon. The Crown sends its deepest regards to the Kervallen family, both those in the Kingdom and who reside in Lurin. We all feel your grief.

Due to the sudden death of the Baron, the inheritance of the title ‘Tuvia’ and the land that comes with it is called into question. The late Baron did not leave an obvious heir for Tuvia and the Crown wishes the title to be passed to legitimate claimants. As such, any who have a legitimate claim to the Tuvia title and lands are called forth to bring their case to the Crown during the next Court session on the 11th of Godfrey’s Triumph 104 B.A. . The claim will be considered under Balianese law LEX NOBILIS:  Article I, section I.01D - subsection A which states: 

• By intestate inheritance, the Peerage shall pass to the eldest filiate child of the Peer, be they male or female, or to the Peer’s closest legitimate living blood relative should the Peer die childless.

• As well as LEX NOBILIS:  Article I, section I.01D - subsection C which states: Should the Peer have no living legitimate heirs, the Peerage shall pass back to the Crown.

If a suitable claim is made, the Crown will return the title of Tuvia and the lands to the rightful claimant. If a legitimate claimant is not found within a Year, the Crown of Balian will absorb the title of Tuvia once more. Any claims will be reviewed by the Crown for their Legitimacy and Merits.

Spoiler

ROYAL COURT THIS FRIDAY 4/5 at 5 PM EST; claimants must be present to submit their claim

LIjYed6wtVMJBFJAHWGKJyCZ5vi6QfAuaKJG01ml9JDoT-jfCBbHHsyHMJjfqGh_O9DOjGjIvmcNd-ZodYeC4GGrmmEDD8Y7HcMITveWb-zpgyLmjYDdwIB7mC7YJdLqmWvfPs91D9wz_rOLqWEK-to

Signed,

Her Royal Majesty, Sybille I, by the Grace of GOD, Queen of Balian, Princess of Providence, Duchess of Helena, Reutov, Sunholdt and Lorraine, Countess of Pompourelia and Kositz, Viscountess of Eflen and Anatis, Baroness of Renzfeld, Brucca, Valens, Malenos and Ciavola, Lady of Portoregne, Atrus and Monterosa, Warden of La Costa Rubinissima, Protector of the Heartlanders and the South, etcetera.

Edited by Imperium

Emelia, in her little beach cottage on the coast, sipped on a margherita beside her wife. The graying woman perked a brow as yet another damn spam-letter was dropped at her porch, and begrudgingly walked on over to read it, lest it be tax-collection.

"All those children, just to get one heir, that didn't have kids!?" she blinked, almost contemplating. "It sounds ... fun, almost. Alas, I'm lazy." Smiling a smile that knew not of the burdens of tax or peership, she shambled on back to ensure her child hadn't drowned in the time she was up reading. 

Elijah Kervallen sits within his home of Tuvia, his eyes scanning the news of the death of his nephew. A grimace forms upon his lips - reading on, he thinks of his brother's children. Most gone, others unwilling to take the mantle. The Adunian, his visage betraying his true age, folds the letter and puts it away - awaiting the day of the royal court; perhaps it had to be his time.